Halo 3 Tournament sign up

Capn Doug

Hello! Well, we had some great fun in PvP tournaments on the site back in the day. I still remember my epic stealth moves to sneak up on a sniper that turned out to be a fire hydrant in the Modern Warfare 2 tournament. And people kept wanting to see tournaments like that return. So we had a vote and Halo 3 was selected. So, let's get people going for this! The tournament will run from Jan 9, 2015-Jan 11, 2015.

Who can enter?

Anyone can enter who has a gamertag linked to XBA and 5 posts can sign up for the tournament providing they are not under active ban. As there is no advantage to having a new tag, being on staff or having been a long term member in a tournament based solely on skill at a single game, these are the only restrictions.

How do I enter?

Sign up below by posting your interest and your availability between 12pm PST (3pm EST, 8pm GMT) on Jan 9th and 3pm PST (6pm EST, 11pm GMT) on Jan 11th. Sign ups will close on Jan 7th.

How does this work?

We'll take everyone's availability and try as best we can to match everyone up with a group that they can play with. So, if you are available from 12pm-7pm EST on Saturday and then 8am-2pm on Sunday, we might put you in a group at 2pm on Saturday. The last session will be the finals, which will put the winners of the previous groups against each other (minimum 4). The sessions will be a social solo mode (ie. Lone Wolves) and the maps will be random. If anyone is unsure about how to set up a match, just ask.

What do I win?

Glory and probably a forum award.

Good luck and have fun!

Sign me up, Jakez123 is my gamertag.

I'm available pretty much anytime, but if I'm in a session, try and make sure it isn't like 7AM etc for me, I would prefer if it was in the afternoon. (I'm in GMT)

Also, just my advice, when doing the "FFA" Lone wolves style, it's best if you keep a small amount of people per game (eg 4 people a match). I've played Lone wolves a lot, and when there's more than 6ish, the spawns get all wacked up and everything is chaotic. Since this is a tourney based on skill, and you know, not a tourney about throwing grenades to get overkills etc. (Also connection and lag can be an issue with more people, especially with people from different countries etc).

I have Halo 3 for both Consoles.

Edited by Jakez123

Sign me up.

I'm available the Friday from 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm.

I will not be able to play at all on Sunday... So if the finals are on Sunday then don't sign me up.

Also my Halo 3 is in Toronto right now along with most of my other games, I got ODST with me, will that work?

I used to be pretty good, I'm good at Reach, but I haven't played 3 in awhile, so I'll be rusty, but whatever.. I'm not even gonna practice, just spray and pray.

BR please! I will not participate in an AR tourney. :p