Beating the Didact would have been a lot easier...

FPSnoob2012

I haven't played Halo 4 on the MCC yet (haven't played the game in months actually) but I heard about this by watching a speedrun video the other day. This is such a blatant oversight that I have to believe that some developer at 343 was trolling the Halo fanbase. There is no possible explanation that they can give that would convince me that this particular glitch was an accident; it makes no sense why they would even touch the code for this part of the game.

• 4 weeks later...

I did finish it yesterday on Normal and got confused too. I first thought I was going too fast moving forward. Then after some deaths I pressed some other buttons and it worked. Still not sure what I was supposed to do. Maybe dodge?

I can't remember the standard Halo 4 version anymore when I finished the Game.

Also afterwards sadly the 2 Halo 4 Achievements didn't unlock for me for finishing the Game on Easy and Normal :(

I did finish it yesterday on Normal and got confused too. I first thought I was going too fast moving forward. Then after some deaths I pressed some other buttons and it worked. Still not sure what I was supposed to do. Maybe dodge?

Also afterwards sadly the 2 Halo 4 Achievements didn't unlock for me for finishing the Game on Easy and Normal :(

Lmao, this is what happened to me. I kept thinking my timing was off. So I tried a bit faster, than a bit slower. I died 40-50 times. Watched videos, tried reading forums to see what I was doing wrong. I was about to start over, but this was on my legendary run. Finally after about 60 attempts, out of frustration, I just smashed all the buttons and it worked.

• 1 month later...

Crazy I didn't get the achievement for finishing Midnight or the easy and normal achievements. Still fully locked. I has no issues unlocking anything else in the last 9 months, what the heck!

• 2 years later...

It's crazy that oversight was still left in after all this time. One can only hope the upcoming Xbox One X update for MCC will finally fix that one. It definitely caught me off guard when it first came up on screen. I knew which button to hit from playing Halo 4 on the Xbox 360, but going back and taking my time more made me realize something wasn't right.