Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Advice on how to utilize my time?

So, I'm at the end of day 3. I've done darn near everything I can do main quest wise. It's my first playthrough, and I'm semi-ignorant over how the rest of the game is going to play out (kinda trying to avoid massive spoilers, etc.) Apparently, per the walkthrough guide I've been following, the next 8 days are going to be really dry. What's the best way to use my time? Soul seed hunting? Gathering accessories? Something I'm not thinking of? If anybody could offer some guidance, t'would be appreciated. Thanks!

In my case, I did as many side quests (you can do 64 out of 66 in 1st playthrough) as possible; finishing side quests can boost Lightning's stats and this can give you an advantage if you plan to challenge the two superbosses.

While doing them, I kept fighting monsters to 'recharge' my EP gauge so that I could keep using Chronostasis to stop time; killing monsters helped me get abilities for synthesis, and vanquishing monster species could earn me accessories. If you reach Day 13, you will appreciate all this hard work (you will know what I mean later on).

You may already know that Chaos spawn semi-permanently in some areas in the four main continents. I went to those areas every day to try to get soul seeds. If you do this every day you will have much less stress later on since you need 100 soul seeds for the Elixir.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

So, at this point, I'm near the end. I've farmed my soul seeds and gotten my elixir. I still don't see day 14, but I haven't started the final dungeon as of yet.

The only quests I haven't finished are the Omega one (obv.) and I haven't killed the Aeronite dragon because he makes me sad, and I'd rather attempt it on new game +.

Am I going to have to do that in order to see day 14 or does that unlock once I complete the Ultimate Lair?

Which day are you on now? If you have done all 5 main quests and the rest of the side quests then you should be fine. After clearing the Lair, go to an inn and sleep straight to the end of Day 13, but buy any item you want before that since you cant go back to the continents on Day 14

Well, I have a save dating back to day 7 that had everything done sans the 2 biggies but I have one on day 12 as well. It's saved right in front of dragon boy. So I can revert to start of 7 if need be and still have everything done.