Achievement Guide & Roadmap - Halo MCC

BiggD

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hmm, can we definitely get some more confirmation?

Wait so is this real? Curious because after beating the first two levels of H2 on Legendary WITHOUT Bandana, the level completion achievements popped. Then said, screw it this sucks, turned Bandana, and now the achievements for Metropolis and Arbiter didn't pop.... so glitch or patch?

Seems to be. I was getting achievements before with the skulls on and just finished The Maw on Legendary with none of the completion achievements or the "Before and After" achievement unlocking (though the other level-specific achievements still did). I also noticed that for some reason I didn't have Keyes unlocked either (which I'm gutted about as I had done Keyes halfway through before turning on the skulls and that's a hard level).

Just went and ran through Keyes on easy with the skulls still on and it still wouldn't unlock. Ran through it again without any skulls on and both Keyes and Scurty Bump unlocked.

Ran through The Maw again on easy without skulls on and only then unlocked "Before and After", "The Maw", and "Greenhorn".

Checked halowaypoint.com and that's now showing me as only having completed the last two on easy whereas the rest are legendary (the last two were blank before I ran through them again on easy).

Edit: when back to the mission select menu and then the other difficulty campaign achievements unlocked as I had previously done them on Legendary :D (kinda shameful as I only used the bandana skull halfway through Keyes and on the Maw. Did the rest of the campaign on Legendary as I wasn't aware the skulls would work at the time haha).

- Halowaypoint.com also shows Legendary completion which is great :)

Edited by Racxie

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there!

I'm new here (but not on playstation version) so welcome once again everybody :)

I'm planning to buy Xbox One Elite version and few games with it.

Of course Halo 5 is my main game to buy, but I also want to buy Halo MCC as I never played all Halo games.

I'm trying always to 100% my games, but from what I see, Halo MCC is pretty time consuming.

Doing 100% in MCC is really that hard? From what I'm reading, only LASO and 500 wins in multiplayer are hard, right? Because this add-on Spartan Assault is separate list of achievements? Or did they add those achievements to the MCC list?

I'm a decent FPS player, I don't have any problems with shooters on consoles.

I play them all the time, single and multiplayer. I've got like 2000 hours in Destiny on PS4, so I think I can manage Halo :)

But I would like to know, which achievements are the hardest ones?

I know this checkpoint shortcut for LASO achievements, but how about multiplayer trohpies? Are there some easier ways to obtain them? Because 500 wins would be now really frustrating, as probably everyone are playing Halo 5 right now.

I would really appreciate some advices and information about 100% Halo MCC :)

Cheers!

Hey there!

I'm new here (but not on playstation version) so welcome once again everybody :)

I'm planning to buy Xbox One Elite version and few games with it.

Of course Halo 5 is my main game to buy, but I also want to buy Halo MCC as I never played all Halo games.

I'm trying always to 100% my games, but from what I see, Halo MCC is pretty time consuming.

Doing 100% in MCC is really that hard? From what I'm reading, only LASO and 500 wins in multiplayer are hard, right? Because this add-on Spartan Assault is separate list of achievements? Or did they add those achievements to the MCC list?

I'm a decent FPS player, I don't have any problems with shooters on consoles.

I play them all the time, single and multiplayer. I've got like 2000 hours in Destiny on PS4, so I think I can manage Halo :)

But I would like to know, which achievements are the hardest ones?

I know this checkpoint shortcut for LASO achievements, but how about multiplayer trohpies? Are there some easier ways to obtain them? Because 500 wins would be now really frustrating, as probably everyone are playing Halo 5 right now.

I would really appreciate some advices and information about 100% Halo MCC :)

Cheers!

500 MP wins can be done easily by starting and quiting a forge match solo.

Spartan Assault is separate, yes.

Doing LASO legit is super tough.

The under 3 hour achs in Halo 2 and Halo CE may be the most difficult. It takes a lot of time to master each level and there is no easy way around it apart from finding a coop partner to help you.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...
For Halo: CE the guide says that you can't get the par score achievements in co-op. This is wrong, I have been doing the par score achievements local co-op with my friend and we have both been unlocking the achievements.

There were a lot of updates to the game in terms of Par Scores after launch. I must have never gotten around to fixing it. Thanks for the update.

• 3 months later...

Having a pretty annoying issue. I beat Halo 1 on normal but the achievements for normal and easy, as well as the beat each level flipping through original and remaster graphics achievement won't unlock. All 3 are stuck at 9/10 and when I click on them in the career menu to make the game bring up which level I have to do, all 3 say level 1. Well I've replayed level 1 several times and even once on the next hardest difficulty and they still won't unlock.

Am I SOL?

Having a pretty annoying issue. I beat Halo 1 on normal but the achievements for normal and easy, as well as the beat each level flipping through original and remaster graphics achievement won't unlock. All 3 are stuck at 9/10 and when I click on them in the career menu to make the game bring up which level I have to do, all 3 say level 1. Well I've replayed level 1 several times and even once on the next hardest difficulty and they still won't unlock.

Am I SOL?

I personally have not seen this issue on this forum or others, so I cannot give solid advice as to what would fix it.

My only suggestion is to replay the Campaign on Heroic or Legendary (for those achievements - might as well) and keep switching graphics at least once per level.

That, or you can try to speed through each individual level on Normal. Levels like 343 GS, Library, Keyes, Silent Cartographer, and The Maw shouldn't take too long.

I personally have not seen this issue on this forum or others, so I cannot give solid advice as to what would fix it.

My only suggestion is to replay the Campaign on Heroic or Legendary (for those achievements - might as well) and keep switching graphics at least once per level.

That, or you can try to speed through each individual level on Normal. Levels like 343 GS, Library, Keyes, Silent Cartographer, and The Maw shouldn't take too long.

Thanks I'll probably just buck up and play it on heroic to get that out of the way, and hope for the best. Awesome guide btw, it's helping a lot as I'm pretty inexperienced with Halo games in general.

Thanks I'll probably just buck up and play it on heroic to get that out of the way, and hope for the best. Awesome guide btw, it's helping a lot as I'm pretty inexperienced with Halo games in general.

Seems like the best bet, lol. If you have any other questions, feel free to drop them here. Glad the guide is helping and I hope you're enjoying these excellent campaigns!

• 2 months later...

Not sure what's going on here.

The guide says that Bandana doesn't void mission or campaign completion achievements so I played all the way through Halo on legendary with bandana on. I didn't really go over the guide so I completely missed the fact that there are achievements for finishing each level. I didn't get any of these, and I didn't get any campaign completion achievements at the end.

I replayed The Maw and got the trophy for finishing the level but still no campaign completion achievements. I definitely don't want to replay all on legendary again, but that seems like my only option at this point, right?

• 1 month later...

I need help, but i dont know what to do. I played every Halo on legendary and the achievement is still locked. i contacted the xbox support and they told me i can let this achievement get unlocked here cause there is no other way i could unlock it by playing the whole game. (waiting for this achievement 6 months..

I need help, but i dont know what to do. I played every Halo on legendary and the achievement is still locked. i contacted the xbox support and they told me i can let this achievement get unlocked here cause there is no other way i could unlock it by playing the whole game. (waiting for this achievement 6 months..

Which achievement? Is it in the Done...Unlocking state?

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully someone can help, I am trying to unlock the "Did Somebody Say..." achievement for beating the par time on every Halo 1 level. I have done it and gotten all individual achievements for beating each level under par but Did somebody say won't unlock. When I go to the achievements page in game it says I have only done 9/10.

Any ideas?

How do your times look on https://www.halowaypoint.com ?

Log in and view your service record on your profile. If any of those levels aren't under par, I would try replaying that level.

Well that made it even more complicated!

According to Waypoint the last 5 levels are all over par time!

So i have unlocked all 10 level specific par time achievements!

But the MCC menu says i have only done 9/10!

And Halo Waypoint says i have only done 5/10!

I dont know what to believe. :confused:

I am assuming my best bet is to just try those last 5 levels again and hope something unlocks?

Yeah, I was hoping that would make it more obvious which one. The only thing you can do is replay them and it should, hopefully, be one of those 5. Did you check the co-op times as well? Because I do think those count too.

I went back into the game last night and it apparently unlocked at some point. It shows that it unlocked when it was supposed to even though it didn't.

• 3 years later...
The LASO experience is, according to the Road Map author, "a horrendously intimidating nightmarish hell." Difficulty - 8.5 / 10

These authors shouldn't be allowed to assign their own difficulty and just let the users poll it.

The purpose of the polls is to do just that, but when 97% of the games that have guides don't have any votes in the polls, it's kind of hard to use them. You don't think the inclusion of LASO achievements makes this difficulty at least an 8.5/10?

Guides are 100% the opinion of the author. The only way that might change is if if there's community input and feedback. I'm sure BiggD read comments and took the feedback to heart. Unfortunately, users don't leave comments or feedback much anymore.