Quick Question regarding Legendary Medals

Hi,

I played a matchmade game of Halo: CE and received a Legendary Streaktacular medal (Yellow/Golden Medal with a Bull's Face/Cow on it) for winning a Team Slayer gametype and killing the team with 50 to 23 points, I myself had 32 kills by the end, while my teammate totaled at 18.

My questions does the Halo: CE Matchmade Legendary Medal count towards the achievement for getting 100 Legendary Medals? Or I only can get the ones in H2A that count towards it? Thanks! :uzi:

From the achievement guide:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/3075/97446-lo.jpg Domination 10:gsicon:

Earn a total of 100 Legendary medals in matchmade games.

Legendary medals are among the top-tier of medals in Halo: The Master Chief Collection and are awarded to players for performing specifically tough feats during Multiplayer. Take a look below for all the Legendary medals and their requirements.

• Extermination – Wipe out the enemy team with at least an overkill
  • Killionaire – Kill 10 opponents within 4 seconds of each other
  • Perfection – Win a slayer game with 15+ kills without dying
  • Steaktacular – Play in a matchmade slayer game and win by at least 20 kills
  • Triple Double – Finish a game with double-digit: kills, assists, and headshots
  • Unfriggenbelievable – Kill 40 enemies in a row without dying

All of these Legendary medals can be obtained in any of the games with the exception of the Unfriggenbelievable medal not being available in Halo 3. Overall, most of these medals are extremely difficult to achieve and there is no definitive boosting method in order to obtain them. With a party of four players however, Team SWAT is one of the best playlists to work on this achievement because the matches are relatively quick and no shields translates to a greater chance of gaining an Extermination medal. Additionally, coordinated teams also have a greater chance in achieving a Steaktacular if they can finish the match with at least twenty kills more than their opponents. Once you earn a total of 100 Legendary medals, this achievement will unlock.

NOTE: As of now, the ONLY game that gives Legendary medals (consistently) is Halo 2: Anniversary. There is confirmation across many gamers that Halo 3, regardless of game type, does not give Legendary medals even when the criteria has been met. Likewise, Legendary medals in Halo 2 Classic and Halo 4 are very shoddy. As such, it’s best to stick to all the H2A-focused playlists (H2A, HCS, Team SWAT) when working on Legendary medals.

So I would say yes, the medal that you obtained should have counted. :)

An easy way to check this is to snap the achievement app and take note of the percentage for this achievement. It will go up 1% for every Legendary medal you get. I don't have the game on now, but I'm sure the game somehow tracks every single medal you've obtained. Check the app percentage to how many you've gotten and they should match.

From the achievement guide:

So I would say yes, the medal that you obtained should have counted. :)

An easy way to check this is to snap the achievement app and take note of the percentage for this achievement. It will go up 1% for every Legendary medal you get. I don't have the game on now, but I'm sure the game somehow tracks every single medal you've obtained. Check the app percentage to how many you've gotten and they should match.

Yes, just checked had 2% which meant I had 2/100, got a Legendary Medal earlier in Halo CE matchmake and now its 3% which means 3/100 yay it works.