The Greatest Moment of Online Multiplayer Gaming that you have experienced

BloodShank

My Moment was in Gears of War 1 on the clock tower map where all of my allies died and i was the last one left. I was on the top part of the map. I was running with my grenades equipped, i tag a guy in the back, i ran away from him and caught a tag on another guy right after the first blew up, I ran back to the first guys corpse and past it to the lower part of the map where you spawn. 2 down 2 to go. I equip my shotgun and hid behind a wall. both guys came, I blind fired and killed one of them. The final showdown of shotguns, we shot about 7/8s of our Magazines, he missed his last shot and I blew his head off with my last shot. Everyone in the session cried and cheered with laughter. :eek:

Unfortunately ngWorldStats isn't around so I can't prove it... But...

Back in the days of classic Unreal Tournament on PC, my best match ever was total ownage of a ~8 player team with several high ranking clan players. It was an InstaGib (Instant Kill Shock Rifles) CTF game and even though I recall how the map plays I don't recall the name; It was a low gravity map with small outposts for the flags and 2 bending paths between the bases. A large building in the center stopped any cross map fire (Only way over it was with anti-grav boots).

Basically the map played out for everyone else like a normal InstaGib match but I literally walked base to base dodging constant beams of red light from the opposition, captured the flag for our team all 3 times, and ended up with only 1 or 2 deaths but well over 100 frags. (Frags included points for captures & flag retrieval so I don't know the actual kills, quite a few though as it was only 7 frags per flag capture.) All you heard from my speakers was "M..M..M..Monster Kill!" I've had some high scoring games in UT plenty of times, but nothing came close to how easy this particular game felt at the time, almost every shot felt like it landed.

Needless to say I was blasted as an aimbotter the whole match and even though I played with the server admin quite a lot I still got a warning!

It wasn't too long after that though when I stopped being so competetive in online gaming, I started playing more custom modes like races or trials and never really went back.

while playing Left 4 Dead 'versus' mode with a good buddy, i had a crazy experience where every gamer was talking shit over the mic. we usually play together cause the kids who do zombies online are aweful, as usual our two teammates get killed early on and we are the only two left. we were doing "No Mercy," the 2nd level with subway that is probably the longest in game.. we had a system where i go assault rifle and he blasts shotgun rounds, every time the other team tried with specials we would gun them down.

eventually they were getting angry, and the two kids on my team were amazed that we were still alive and kickin. we got to a point where the game gave pretty much all of them hunters, over and over again. me and my buddy are trapped in a room, all you can see is zoey and francis meleeing the shit out of 4 hunters bouncing off walls. eventually we couldnt save eachother and they pounced us at the same time:(. but something halarious happened, one of them spawned as a tank and came in to rage kill our survivors. lol he knocked the hunters right off us, we had a molotof and threw it at our feet as we ran out of the room. ended up winning the game, but they were so pissed at that guy who controlled the tank ahahaa. "wtf we finally had them trapped, omg!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also had a halarious moment in a game i have rarely ever played online (MW2). some kid had this game winning kill that featured him jumping off this ledge into prone position, then getting a lame ass quick scope on somebody. right as the game ended you heard him screaming,

"omg i got the game winning kill, omg i did it!

quick look at this killcam!! mom, look at this killcam!!"

every player in the lobby started laughing prefusely, i personally had to take a short break to stop cracking up. it was just so funny how he was proud and thought his mom should stroke his ego, i had never heard anything like that. but like i said i dont really play COD :p

#1 My first CAL match for Return to Castle Wolfenstein where our team dominated the other so badly that we had full holds every round on defense and capped quickly on offense. It was CAL season 2 for RtCW and it was on mp_sub. My old pub only clan had just merged with another clan that was competiting in CAL and a couple of us stepped into the new team and we just dominated whoever it was we played. The other team didn't even sniff the sub (the overall offensive objective of the map is to place dynamite on a sub and hold it till it blows). The first time dominating another team so badly made us feel so great. Of course being on both sides of those situations eventually became old hand.

#2 My second favorite memory was winning our last regular season match of CAL Season 1 for Counterstrike Source. We needed to win that match to make the playoffs and we just barely pulled it out (16-14 I think). It was epic. I can't remember what map it was on anymore all I remember is that my andrenaline was running higher for that match than any other I can remember.

#3 My third favorite was actually one I didn't participate in. I was on a team that was trying to qualify for QuakeCon one year in RtCW but I was a benchwarmer and not actually available to play at the time anyway. I was watching on WolfTV (WTV, an in game way of "televising" matches for non participants to see) as my teammates upset one of the top ranked teams in Europe. Our player using the panzerfaust (noobtube) that match was absolutely dominant.

#4 The first time I ace'd another team in a match or scrim playing Counterstrike Source. For those that don't know an ace is when you single handedly take down the other team. I think we played 5v5 for matches in CS:S. It's been a long time so I barely remember. It may not sound like much but in an organzied match/scrim with another team that is actually talented and running sound strats it's a lot harder to take down 5 people on your own then on either a public or a pug server. I remember it as being on de_dust2.

#5 My last match in RtCW. It was a CAL playoff match and the team I was on wasn't the best in the world. Just a bunch of guys that loved playing together and having fun. For a bunch of guys that didn't care that much we had been pretty competitive that season. I think we ended up losing that match 3-1 on mp_chateau. Was a lot of fun. After that season a lot of us moved on to Counterstrike Source but that last real match in RtCW was good times.

Edited by bigbear.

Mine would have been a Gears of Halo 2 moment, but then this happened a few weeks ago.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - MP Atacama Desert Conquest.

Its down to 1-1. Thats it. One more kill, one more death - game over. I tell my friends "I got this." I hop in the tank that spawns at the base, mob down the middle of the map, aim up, and fire. I see it easily go over the first 2 hills and then *ching* game over we win. It was sick as fuck.

Close second: loading up a Blackhawk helicopter in that game and mobbing the skies

Third: When I put up 90 kills in a Black Ops game.

My greatest online gaming moment is from Halo 3 a few years ago. I was playing team deathmatch on Valhalla and had just respawned at my team's base. I picked up the plasma grenades and saw a banshee piloted by a player from the other team headed my way. I looked at the gravity lift and thought, "Sure why not?" I lined up the jump as best I could and hit the grav-lift and headed straight for the banshee. I tossed a plasma grenade at the banshee as I came to it, actually did stick it, fell to the ground, and I did record the kill. The other guy had to be swearing at me for pulling it off and it looked pretty sweet in the replay.

i dont play mp to much but once playing cod black ops, on the map that's in a snowy mountain (can't remember the name) i was hidding on a side of the catwalk, (playing Hard core) and saw 4 guys running together, i just fired my gun (think it was a famas) and kill all 4, then, ran back and throw a grenade (din't think i killed them all) and killed the other members of the team :D after that i just retired hahaha

SNIP

I tossed a plasma grenade at the banshee as I came to it, actually did stick it, fell to the ground, and I did record the kill. .

lol! epic, i always love the cross-map nade sticks. especially since you got a clown trying to farm banshee kills, i hated getting chased around by that thing.

i dont play mp to much but once playing cod black ops, on the map that's in a snowy mountain (can't remember the name) i was hidding on a side of the catwalk, (playing Hard core) and saw 4 guys running together, i just fired my gun (think it was a famas) and kill all 4, then, ran back and throw a grenade (din't think i killed them all) and killed the other members of the team :D after that i just retired hahaha

i suck at COD, prolly would have shit bricks if this was me lol. gj

I hope MMO counts in this case! In that case its WoW for me

Easily still my #1 was our first Lady Vashj kill. Even though we were 3rd guild on server to kill her(1st was ranked top 10 US and 2nd was in top 50 US) it was a defining moment for the guild. It also gave us a ton of momentum moving forward too and from that point we became really successful, toping out at top 120 US in Sunwell.

That moment had me literally screaming and cheering, and no other gaming moment has had the same effect on me.

Its a damn shame WoW sucks now though, but I love all the free time not playing has given me lol

Well this isnt on xbox but while playing Minecraft which is online and i suppose it is multiplayer I was building a battle between a Spanish Ship and a Pirate ship and after building it everyone in the server was freaking out and thought it was amazing, then one person contacted machinima and I ended up winning first place on a top 5 minecraft Creation thing on Machinima, the video has about 600k views.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGF5iAnpkBE]Top 5 Minecraft Creations - Boats - YouTube[/ame]

http://oi56.tinypic.com/mhevrc.jpg

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2qjlugp.jpg

Another good one was in CoD BO. It was Search and Destroy on Summit, just me and another guy left alive. I'm running around the outside, right by the cliffs. I pull out my claymore, and all of a sudden he is right in front of me! I plant my claymore, jump off the cliff and get the kill before I die from the fall.....End of round

My friends loved it

Unfortunately ngWorldStats isn't around so I can't prove it... But...

What was your UT name? Mine was N.Vader - part of a team that won the first UTI CTF Championship (Mighty Mighty Smiley Squad). It was the biggest online tournament at the time, though it was focused on North American teams. I later joined a team called [TAL] and dominated some Instagib CTF for a few seasons as well. Before all of that I was up to #3 on the ngstats page for CTF players. Lots of fond memories of the original UT here...

I reckon I'd have to say it was on a Halo 3 free for all game. I finished as the MVP for the match - that's not what was good, it was my cross map sticky 'nade stick which took out the one it stuck to, and the other person who was trying to kill him. Epic.

I know this is probably going to sound really typical, but whatevs. I was playing black ops multiplayer on the smaller snow map. I forget what it was called. I was using an M14, with acog, and had a tomahawk as my quick weapon. I was running behind my friend whom I used to play with a lot, and followed him around the corner to be met by two enemy players. He took down one, and the other one I just whipped the tomahawk at. The coolest part about it? I missed, but it bounced off the railing and earned me a bank shot kill. That made my day, pretty much.

My greatest online gaming moment is from Halo 3 a few years ago. I was playing team deathmatch on Valhalla and had just respawned at my team's base. I picked up the plasma grenades and saw a banshee piloted by a player from the other team headed my way. I looked at the gravity lift and thought, "Sure why not?" I lined up the jump as best I could and hit the grav-lift and headed straight for the banshee. I tossed a plasma grenade at the banshee as I came to it, actually did stick it, fell to the ground, and I did record the kill. The other guy had to be swearing at me for pulling it off and it looked pretty sweet in the replay.

I did pretty much the same thing but I hijacked the banshee using a plasma pistol to stun it, and almost crashed it into rocks.

when i first started playing on Cod4 i was playing sabotage on Wetwork. The 20 min time limit ran out and it goes to last man standing - no lives. I was a low level and i was playing with all good guy. Literally 10 seconds after it went it to overtime it said "Your the last man left!" I checked and it was me vs their whole team of 6. I managed to take out the first 3 to get my UAV and then locate another two guys to kill and i got my Airstrike which i killed the last guy with. Everybody was so surprised that I did it, it was awesome.

Either that, or when i got 2 nukes in one game of Mw2 and I went 62-2

It would have to be Battlefield Bad Company, pushing into the enemies base with tanks..and taking out their chopper..ohhh what fun times :p

Halo CTF..what more can i say :)

The Ranked races in Burnout paradise, between all the top leaders in the world!