• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start first. It's not out yet.

It's on my console's external hard drive but it won't let me play it for another week.

The struggle is real. There's only six days left, though I have a good feeling this last week will fly by.

I'd like to add a complaint: The game currently goes up to 4500:gsicon:…it should go up to 5000:gsicon:!

Edited by BiggD

As if you'd really enjoy SLASO'ing the four Campaigns :biglaugh Besides, why does there need to be an achievement for it; you can load up a Campaign manually and still do it.

I'm not too fussed about the PC Halo: CE crap, seems that people are just finding specific faults to be pessimistic nitpickers.

Edited by BiggD

As if you'd really enjoy SLASO'ing the four Campaigns :biglaugh Besides, why does there need to be an achievement for it; you can load up a Campaign manually and still do it.

I'm not too fussed about the PC Halo: CE crap, seems that people are just finding specific faults to be pessimistic nitpickers.

Granted, this is a slap in the face to Halo CE fans, but I think they really were focused on delivering Halo 2 Anniversary anyway.

I'll still take the whole thing with no regrets though.

Besides, why does there need to be an achievement for it; you can load up a Campaign manually and still do it.

Fun/quick way to compare to see who can do it.

OG Xbox CE looked much better than CEA's Classic Mode too.

Replacement of shader_transparent_generic in CEA classic, crappier textures, lack of atmospheric effects and so on.

[spoiler=biggruntythirst]http://halotupolev.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ceclassiccompare.png

Edited by LickableLemons7

Fun/quick way to compare to see who can do it.

OG Xbox CE looked much better than CEA's Classic Mode too.

Replacement of shader_transparent_generic in CEA classic, lack of atmospheric effects and so on.

[spoiler=biggruntythirst]http://halotupolev.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ceclassiccompare.png

Fair comparisons, though I'm not familiar with the techo-babble talk of what specifically makes each version different. The pictures on the right do look better, but oh well, we get what we get.

At least Halo 2 is fully remastered. And it's just $60!

All three other games are just a bonus in my eyes.

My main bitch is I can't really play this till Christmas, so this game should come out in Christmas. -_-

You fail at life.

How awesome that literally all my classes got cancelled the week of release. Sheer luck, I say. That's straight Halo for a week.

WTFLOL the game is not even out yet :woop:

And that's exactly why this bitching thread had to be made :biglaugh

but oh well, we get what we get.

And we don't throw a fit?

People pay money for the DLC maps and don't get to play them. If it wasn't for the petition on Waypoint in June of this year 343i wouldn't have added that rotational DLC playlist in Halo 4 War Games. If it wasn't for the bitching on Waypoint, the glitches the Champions Bundle DLC caused to the multiplayer achievements wouldn't have been fixed a few weeks ago.

If it isn't for the continued bitching on Waypoint then lore fans will have to put up with 343i "Game of Throne-ing" random characters like the Blacks (despite what Bonnie Ross said and despite lore nuts being in the minority).

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18481-Halo-5--Guardians---%E2%80%9CWe-are-Not-Game-of-Thrones-%E2%80%9D-Says-343-Industries.html

Why should CE fans have to stand getting shafted a third time? Why should Halo 2 get all the tender loving care?

At least Halo 2 is fully remastered.

And I also mentioned when the Delta Halo b-roll first appeared that it looks very unimpressive and we should've expected more considering this is post Halo 4.

http://chiefcanuck.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/gamescom-2014-halo-2-anniversary-first-person-delta-halo-strike1.jpg?w=848

The above is just laughable (foliage in particular) in comparison to something like Halo 4's Infinity campaign chapter. This looks like it can easily be played on a 360, not in 1080p 60fps, but if TMCC doesn't shift that many copies or Xbox Ones I can see MS/343i opting to port H2A standalone to 360 in an attempt for some fast cash.

The decision to have pre-rendered cutscenes in H2A is also something I don't like. The change is far too jarring between gameplay and cinematics and further takes you out of the immersion. Pretty to look at yes, but I only see their usefulness in something like Halo Wars rather than the main games. If they were going to include pre-rendered cutscenes they should've done them for all 4 games in TMCC to have some consistancy, or just not feature pre-rendered cutscenes for H2A at all and keep it in-engine.

Why should CE fans have to stand getting shafted a third time? Why should Halo 2 get all the tender loving care?

A simple defense response would be because Halo: CE had it's 10 year anniversary. If it wasn't what CE fans wanted, well that time has passed. Those fans should make themselves vocal on Waypoint as you've shown they've done in the passed. Why does Halo 2 get all the TLC? Well, the answer is obvious.

I agree about the CGI cutscenes breaking immersion from gameplay to cutscene, but the same can nearly be said about almost any recent game, Halo 4, Wolfenstein: The New Order, etc. It's not the first time we've seen this. It's more jarring because of Blur's excellence. Can't downplay their work.

I would have loved if all four games received Blur's treatment, but we all know that would NEVER happen for this collection.

Edited by BiggD

A simple defense response would be because Halo: CE had it's 10 year anniversary. If it wasn't what CE fans wanted, well that time has passed.

Doesn't matter about the anniversary. CE made the Xbox brand survive and it should be treated with greater respect.

Those fans should make themselves vocal on Waypoint as you've shown they've done in the passed.

They have been, and on reddit as well. RadZakpak mentions the split scren FoV issue which I forgot to state. Now there's a new thread in TMCC waypoint forums about the off spawn times for power ups/weapons from the PC version.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-1-s-split-screen-appears-to-be-broken/a320461b-8655-4af7-987a-4bae6bc4c02e/posts

http://i.imgur.com/1tjH2Pm.png

Why does Halo 2 get all the TLC? Well, the answer is obvious.

Meant to be a rhetorical question.

I agree about the CGI cutscenes breaking immersion from gameplay to cutscene, but the same can nearly be said about almost any recent game, Halo 4

Pre-rendered cutscenes for prologue, epilogue, SPOPS. Everything else looked in-engine.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Cutscenes looked in-engine from what I remember.

I would have loved if all four games received Blur's treatment, but we all know that would NEVER happen for this collection.

Why?

Why?

I think the better question is why would it? If the studio is focusing their attention to Halo 2 given its anniversary, why should they care about consistency?

Blur would be working with nearly 4 hours of cutscenes if that were the case. Speaking of jarring CGI cinameticas breaking immersion for Halo 2, it would be worse if done in Halo 3, I reckon.

If the studio is focusing their attention to Halo 2 given its anniversary, why should they care about consistency?

TMCC is a celebration of Halo and what the franchise means to Xbox, not just H2A.

Blur would be working with nearly 4 hours of cutscenes if that were the case.

That's still nothing compared to MGS4 (and you think PW cutscenes were bad? lol).

Time and money

Most likely.

Unless I've skipped over it, why are CE fans getting shafted a third time? I bought the Anniversary edition and really enjoyed it. I kind of see what you are saying about the changes to the old graphics but honestly after switching back a few times throughout the campaign I stuck with the newer graphics so I really don't care what the older graphics look like on Halo 1 or 2. If you want the true original, dig out an old console.

TMCC is a celebration of Halo and what the franchise means to Xbox, not just H2A.

…With the emphasis of the work being towards Halo 2.

That's still nothing compared to MGS4.

What does this even have anything to do with Metal Gear Solid 4? LOL.

Now you're just making comparisons for the hell of it.

Unless I've skipped over it, why are CE fans getting shafted a third time? I bought the Anniversary edition and really enjoyed it. I kind of see what you are saying about the changes to the old graphics but honestly after switching back a few times throughout the campaign I stuck with the newer graphics so I really don't care what the older graphics look like on Halo 1 or 2. If you want the true original, dig out an old console.

Lemons is a CE fanatic who's harping on the most trivial aspects.

Too much drama, if you ask me. Especially for someone who has no intentions of picking up the game.

Edited by BiggD