The Long Haul, 500 missions, 2 players, 2 buttons, 20 minutes

I haven't found this method on the forum and google didn't threw any results, here it goes…

Found out this method yesterday while thinking in what to play with a friend.

REQUERIMENTS:

- 2 local Signed players: Player A (The one who'll get the achievements) and Player B (A good samaritan).

Player B Starts the game and goes to the campaign menu, Player A joins the roster. Now Player A needs to go to Campaign- Halo Combat Evolved - Missions.

Player A press B and go back to the Combat Evolved Menu, now press A and go to the missions of Combat Evolved, now press B, then press A, B… A… and so it goes.

Everytime you get out of the missions of Combat Evolved, a % of the "Complete X missions" increases, we thought it counted 10 missions every time but didn't really count.

Cool, nice method. Got my achievements last night. Each A/B rotation is roughly 4 matches. I was getting an achievement every 11-12 rotations. I went from 200 matches to 500 matches played in less than 20 minutes.

At first it wasn't working. I have a friend's profile on my One, so I signed him in on a second controller and started the game as him (his profile was Player 1). Then I selected Campaign and pressed X for 'Roster'. I then joined my main profile as Player 2. I selected H:CE > Missions and I started doing the rotation with my profile, checked my progress and it wasn't going up. So I backed out to the core menu (before selecting Campaign) then I started doing the rotation on my friend's profile and still nothing. Then I went back to the beginning again and started doing my profile again and only then did my percentages increase. Don't know what the issue was, but it worked. I did switch between all four games and didn't just stick with H:CE.

This is a good method for people like myself who just want the achievements and have no intention of ever playing 500 missions/matches. The four games are what, 50 or so missions? Yeah, I'll get those eventually but this is a casual game for me. No way will I ever 100% this game, much less 50% it. And if you play MP sparingly or not really much at all, or have no intention of playing each campaign level a few times each, then this is easy gamerscore.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

I weirly go tthis as i completed halo 2 legendary, I had been goign through getting the skulls, toys and several of the level specific ones then at the end I get my heroic, legendary then 250 missions/multiplayer then things kept popping (300, 350, 400, 450 and 500).

It'd be a nice method if this achievement wasn't already bugged to shit in our favor. If you play normally, it will probably just unlock on its own somewhere around 200 games played. The counter likes to jump up a lot for some reason.

Still got to get 500 wins unfortunately.

Nice find, though.

• 1 month later...
I haven't found this method on the forum and google didn't threw any results, here it goes…

Found out this method yesterday while thinking in what to play with a friend.

REQUERIMENTS:

- 2 local Signed players: Player A (The one who'll get the achievements) and Player B (A good samaritan).

Player B Starts the game and goes to the campaign menu, Player A joins the roster. Now Player A needs to go to Campaign- Halo Combat Evolved - Missions.

Player A press B and go back to the Combat Evolved Menu, now press A and go to the missions of Combat Evolved, now press B, then press A, B… A… and so it goes.

Everytime you get out of the missions of Combat Evolved, a % of the "Complete X missions" increases, we thought it counted 10 missions every time but didn't really count.

Thank you for this post. However I am having some issues. I have 2 local signed in players and I followed your guide to the letter but my count never goes up.

Has this been patched?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...