Bayonetta 2 is a WIIU EXCLUSIVE WTF?

Bajan Elite

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bummer, sort of. Good on Sega to put such faith in the Wii U though, and who knows things that are often "exclusive" at launch sometimes lose that status down the line.

No way in hell it will, it's published by Nintendo so that is basically, in your dreams.

Just like Resident Evil Remake, Resident evil 0 and MGS: Twin Snakes.

In my opinion, Exclusives shouldn't be sequels. That's just stupid. You establish a fanbase on said consoles then suddenly you not eliminate one part of the fanbase, you elimate it all by releasing it on an entirely new system. That's just wrong.

With that said, i'll be getting the Wii U later but not for Bayonetta 2. But because i love owning all consoles every gen. In the case of the Gamecube they did 2 NEW RE's. One was a remake and the other was a prequel. Imagine Gears of war 4 would release as PC exclusive only, wouldn't that be stupid? Exactly.

Sequels should never be released as exclusives especially if part 1 was multiplat because by doing so you're eliminating part of the fanbase, let alone on an entirely new system that the first one wasn't even on it! (Wii)

No way in hell it will, it's published by Nintendo so that is basically, in your dreams.

Just like Resident Evil Remake, Resident evil 0 and MGS: Twin Snakes.

Yeah I didn't know this when I made my post, was in a hurry then and couldn't research all the facts.

I still like the move nonetheless. Good on Nintendo for trying to establish itself among "core" gamers.

Just wanted to point out: if it weren't for Nintendo there would be no Bayonetta 2 at all. No one was willing to touch it. Sega is only focusing on games they know will make them money like Sonic. Bayonetta 2 was as good as dead before Nintendo came along to publish it and save it.

So, yeah, it's okay to be bummed that it's Wii U exclusive if you have no plans of getting a Wii U but isn't that better than it not existing at all? At least Wii U owners who liked the first game can play it.

^

I know, I don't blame Nintendo at all.

But I won't be grateful either, it should have been available for all the fans at least. But it's not. This obviously sucks.

Although it might be a spin-off and a proper sequel could still be in the pipeline...

If it were a spin off it wouldn't be Bayonetta 2, it would be Bayonetta: *insert name here*

But the first point exactly... we're talking about a game that was NOT available on the Wii U's predecessor, and a game that has a huge fan base on the 360 and the PS3. I don't know if Nintendo think this will get more people over to the Wii U or anything.. but I'll take a crack and say no. They pissed ALOT of people off by doing this, and very little people are going to pay $428 (that's the Australian black console price) to play Bayonetta 2.

I know, I was just hoping for a miracle. :/

Well, those hopes have been crushed now (they released a statement saying that it is in fact a 'true sequel').

As for the rest of your post, I totally agree. I will not buy a WiiU for this game alone. I hope the Wii people will enjoy this game and all future sequels and spin-offs (racing games and what not :o), at least I'll still have the fantastic first game (I doubt any sequel will top that, to be honest).

Just wanted to point out: if it weren't for Nintendo there would be no Bayonetta 2 at all. No one was willing to touch it. Sega is only focusing on games they know will make them money like Sonic. Bayonetta 2 was as good as dead before Nintendo came along to publish it and save it.

So, yeah, it's okay to be bummed that it's Wii U exclusive if you have no plans of getting a Wii U but isn't that better than it not existing at all? At least Wii U owners who liked the first game can play it.

I'm sick of seeing these comments. "If it wasn't for Nintendo" Were you guys there, do you know all the facts? Just because they partnered with Nintendo doesn't mean Nintendo was the only company that wanted to take a chance on this game. For all we know Nintendo just offered more money, or Platinum could have just went straight to them. Either way this move just shows that Platinum doesn't care that much about their fans. Their fans are the reason Bayonetta even sold the amount that it did.

And they take the money from Nintendo and allow it to be exclusive. They basically just told a majority of us thank you for going out and buying our game, we really appreciate it but if you want to play the sequel you've been waiting years for, you must buy a system that you either don't want or can't afford.

Screw Platinum, they just lost a Metal Gear Rising sale and a possible Anarchy Reigns one as well.

Meh wait and see. Assassins creed was a playstation exclusive to start with. Thank god it didn't stay that way!

Really? Huh. Didn't know that. I remember when Bioshock was 360 only. I still have the case that has "Only on Xbox360" on the top. ;)

Maybe if there's enough demand Platinum will release it on another console. Just not anytime soon.

I'm sick of seeing these comments.

Okay. But it's true.

Sega has been facing hard times and has canceled many titles. Bayonetta 2 was one of them. Sega only wants to focus on games that they KNOW will make them a profit. Bayonetta sold well as far as Platinum Games sales go, but it still failed to turn in a profit. Bayonetta 2 would not exist without Nintendo publishing it.

But go ahead and boycott Platinum Games. I'm sure that will solve everything.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llk5Pq6aNUI]Bayonetta 2 for Wii-U: Get Over It - YouTube[/ame]

Okay. But it's true.

Sega has been facing hard times and has canceled many titles. Bayonetta 2 was one of them. Sega only wants to focus on games that they KNOW will make them a profit. Bayonetta sold well as far as Platinum Games sales go, but it still failed to turn in a profit. Bayonetta 2 would not exist without Nintendo publishing it.

But go ahead and boycott Platinum Games. I'm sure that will solve everything.

Bayonetta 2 for Wii-U: Get Over It - YouTube

Honestly, seeing it cancelled is much better then it appearing someplace that didn't even have the audience. The fans is why they made Platinum Games think of a sequel but when they did, Sega cancelled, since Sega is such a pussy company to not have faith in the game then i'd rather see it get picked up by any other publisher or just never come to life.

I for one will be getting a Wii U, but i really feel for the people who don't want to spend 300 - 350$ + 60$ on just one game when they don't even need a Nintendo system because they are not fans of their games. Im excited for it but come on, this is just bullshit to the fans.

Fans: OH MAN WE CANT WAIT FOR BAYO 2, STILL HAVE HOPE EVEN IF SEGA CANCELLED

Platinum Games: Bayonetta 2 will be released!

Fans: HELL YES, KNEW IT WOULD BE MADE!!

Platinum Games: Exclusively for Wii U, thank you for the money of the first game, word of mouth and being fans of our new IP but now if you want to play the sequel you better buy a console you are never interested in the first place, thank you.

Fans: ......

*Facepalm*

I don't get the comments that say " Im so sick of the negative reaction or gamers butthurt to much or haters going to hate" Aside from some gamers who complain about stupid things. This is a logical reaction and it is completely justified seeing as how PG just dumped on it's entire fanbase and will start anew, aside from those fans who will be getting Wii U (Im sure it won't be all of them)

It's as if the guy who made that video can't think but only of himself because he will be getting a Wii U. Nintendo didn't make it survive, Nintendo just made Bayonetta their bitch and if you wanna experience that bitch you better spend in some dough then.

It's like CliffyB coming out and saying the new Unreal Tournament is on PS3 only. Oh man, the amount of negative impact that will bring would probably make the internet explode but it's justified from my point of view, same as with this fiasco. PG got handed a large Glad bag of cash

10484.jpg

and made it exclusive, that's it. Sequels should never be exclusives because you will just eliminate part of the fanbase after establishing it. However what PG did, was eliminate the entire fanbase for a console that it's predecessor didn't even have the first game lol. It should be a spin-off or a prequel.

People who don't see the problem are just ignorant and can't see the justification of the problem because they will be getting the Wii U in some point in time however, news flash, not all people are like you, son.

EDIT: The user removed the video, lol. I wonder why.....

Edited by ll X ll