Minikit Treasures - Secret Zones

seven43861

As great as the minikit detector is, it's useless if you're not in the right area. I'm missing minikits in various missions simply because they are in secret zones that I'm just having a bitch of a time finding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Taming Gollum - 1

One to go WOO-HOO!

Edited by seven43861

Tracking Hobbits: if the one you are missing is just after you throw a boulder to form a path, on a branch up in the foliage, then I can help with that. From where you formed the path up, take a look to the left of the screen. See the owl up in the tree? Throw a boulder at it. You'll need to hit it twice more to get the treasure.

Tracking Hobbits: if the one you are missing is just after you throw a boulder to form a path, on a branch up in the foliage, then I can help with that. From where you formed the path up, take a look to the left of the screen. See the owl up in the tree? Throw a boulder at it. You'll need to hit it twice more to get the treasure.

Thanks, one down.

You should get the exact number of m.bricks. You'll get one for each quest item, blacksmith design, and every finished minikit set as well. When you finish all the m.items you'll be given the blacksmith BUT he doesnt count toward the HaveAllCharacter ach. I know I used the code for the character next to him... QL28WB Lurtz (Newborn) so otherwise I'm not sure where he is on the map.

If you mention the row/column I'll see what I can tell you about them.

As for minikit chests...

Secret Stairs might be the one at the very end where you are running from the huge spider. If so make sure to stay on the RIGHT side of the screen at the very start, then LEFT, then RIGHT again. You'll be running into 3 spider egg pods. And if you miss one it sucks because you have to start all over

Black Rider hmmm to name a couple that come to mind

- there is a secret room (strength handle) at the start of the level. In there you have to trap the mole down to one hole.

- at least one back behind the bridge you burn down... uses sam or any with rope

-one you blow out with a explosives on the main path

-one you get for shooting down 5 birds nests with a bow

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Really wish those stayed in the game so could give more insight.

Edited by artphobia
word

As for minikit chests...

Secret Stairs might be the one at the very end where you are running from the huge spider. If so make sure to stay on the RIGHT side of the screen at the very start, then LEFT, then RIGHT again. You'll be running into 3 spider egg pods. And if you miss one it sucks because you have to start all over

Black Rider hmmm to name a couple that come to mind

- there is a screen room (strength handle) at the start of the level.

Both of these helped, now Im down to two left.

Hmm. I have all of the minikits in Taming Gollum, so chances are I can also help with that. However, I'm not sure which you might be missing. I do know that the Gandalf section has several, including one for building the stairs correctly.

I'm very certain I got all kits for Gandalfs area, including correctly creating the stairs. If it was detected by the cheat, I went for it. So if there is a special zone either around the Gollum area or while fighting Gollum, that's the one I'm missing.

I'm very certain I got all kits for Gandalfs area, including correctly creating the stairs. If it was detected by the cheat, I went for it. So if there is a special zone either around the Gollum area or while fighting Gollum, that's the one I'm missing.

When fighting Gollum there is a dark area in the back with some shiny boulders in it... take frodo back there to light the area, while you blow up the boulders with berserker (or someone with fireworks). Keep walking back and you'll be in a secret area that requires Gollum(or someone with m.climbing shoes) to solve a puzzle.

Use the g/r switches to move parts of the puzzle as you guide the climber around. I know sometimes the person pushing the switches will glitch up and keep pushing after they needed to BUT if you sit it out for a couple secs they should fix themselves.

Edited by artphobia

When fighting Gollum there is a dark area in the back with some shiny boulders in it... take frodo back there to light the area, while you blow up the boulders with berserker (or someone with fireworks). Keep walking back and you'll be in a secret area that requires Gollum(or someone with m.climbing shoes) to solve a puzzle.

Use the g/r switches to move parts of the puzzle as you guide the climber around. I know sometimes the person pushing the switches will glitch up and keep pushing after they needed to BUT if you sit it out for a couple secs they should fix themselves.

That was it, that's the last one for me. Thanks for all your help on this. I do have two additional questions for you relating to the last cheevos I need: How do you turn an enemy into a skeleton and is there a starting point or specific path to take when walking into Mordor/do I need a specific character?

Turn enemy to skeleton: you'll need either the Mithril Skeleton Sword or Bow. (Well, I used the bow, I assume the sword does the same thing.) you will also need something that makes enemies dance( I used the Disco Phial. Go somewhere with enemies (Mordor during the day works, as orcs spawn all over). Hit an enemy with the Skeleton weapon; they should turn into a skeleton after a second. Then just equip the phial.

For walking into Mordor, you can travel to the Cirith Ungol mapstone; if you turn around, there is a ramp that leads up and over a bridge. You should get the achievement around the tower.

How do you turn an enemy into a skeleton

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5404530#post5404530

is there a starting point or specific path to take when walking into Mordor/do I need a specific character?

For me it popped without even trying while I was doing storyline stuff. Hmm iirc I was using Frodo (if not try Boromir or Aragon). Try quick traveling to Cirith Ungol.

I do know that's how I got "Taking the hobbits to Isengard"; by quick traveling Frodo, Merry, Sam, Pippin, Bilbo, & Rosie.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5404530#post5404530

For me it popped without even trying while I was doing storyline stuff. Hmm iirc I was using Frodo (if not try Boromir or Aragon). Try quick traveling to Cirith Ungol.

I do know that's how I got "Taking the hobbits to Isengard"; by quick traveling Frodo, Merry, Sam, Pippin, Bilbo, & Rosie.

So I should quick travel to Cirith Ungol and then walk further into Mordor or what?

For walking into Mordor, you can travel to the Cirith Ungol mapstone; if you turn around, there is a ramp that leads up and over a bridge. You should get the achievement around the tower.

I tried this many times, with different characters, it seems weird that I have to walk away from Mordor based off your description.

Got it.

Edited by seven43861

I tried this many times, with different characters, it seems weird that I have to walk away from Mordor based off your description.

Got it.

That was how it unlocked for me. It was post game. And yeah, kind of weird, as I was walking out of Mordor, rather than in. If that does not work, have you attempted to walk through the Black Gate?