Unanswered questions (SPOILERS, obviously)

Scrummy64

Sup guys :p

I thought I'd compile a small list of questions that I'd consider to have been either unresolved or resolved in a confusing manner by the end of the series. If anybody could give me a hand in clearing them up, or if anyone else has questions they want answered, then it'd be much appreciated :)

Why did Georgie kill Faith and Lily? Now, I understood everything he was saying about how the ribbons around their necks were magically bound to Vivian's (the original) and therefore the only way to truly free them from the Crooked Man would be to remove Vivian's ribbon and kill her, but that still didn't mean he had to kill THEM. Even if the Crooked Man had ordered him to do so, it seemed as though the whole point of the Pudding and Pie scene was to make us sympathise with Georgie and see that he had absolutely no choice in the matter, which doesn't seem quite true - he couldn't save them, but he still didn't HAVE to kill them. The only possibility that immediately comes to mind is that the Crooked Man may have threatened to harm Vivian if Georgie didn't follow his orders, but one thing that's clear is that he certainly wouldn't have threatened to kill her, because doing so would've released the other girls.

"Stop laughing!" Back in episode 2 (Smoke & Mirrors), Toad Jr. revealed that he was present when Lily's body was dumped into the river, and that the one thing he heard before he ducked underwater was a man shouting "stop laughing", despite not hearing any signs of anyone else being around. Now, I'd assumed this was going to turn out to be a big deal, but it was never even mentioned again.

What exactly were the girls planning to do with the photo? In the final scene, Nerissa reveals that Faith was intending to use a photo of Crane and Lily (quite possibly the one Bigby found in episode 2) as leverage to blackmail the Crooked Man into releasing them... except I can't understand how. The reasoning Nerissa gave was that it meant they "had dirt on one of the Crooked Man's employees", but that makes no sense whatsoever since Crane is shown to be much more of a victim than an employee - just another fable in debt, struggling to pay off his loan. So revealing a photo showing Crane with one of the girls wouldn't have done ANYTHING to damage the Crooked Man. Besides, even if Crane HAD been one of the Crooked Man's employees at some point and we just hadn't heard about it, it's still hard to believe that they would've been able to attack the Crooked Man through Crane, especially seeing as the Crooked Man was more than willing to completely disown any one of his employees at a moment's notice, like we saw with Georgie.

she called Crane an "ally" not employee, and Crane was a pretty big person in Fabletown not to mention the nature of his activities would certainly bring up a lot of potentially damming things to light (IE the black market glamours) so I could see where they would at least think a picture like that could mean something, even if they used it on Crane himself and not the Crooked man to get some official assistance in trying to escape

she called Crane an "ally" not employee, and Crane was a pretty big person in Fabletown not to mention the nature of his activities would certainly bring up a lot of potentially damming things to light (IE the black market glamours) so I could see where they would at least think a picture like that could mean something, even if they used it on Crane himself and not the Crooked man to get some official assistance in trying to escape

That makes a lot of sense; I suppose I was just overthinking it :p

I'm kind of confused on what the voices in my head were at the very last scene. I ended up going after her, but then the game ended. What exactly were the voices in my head hinting when Nerissa was walking away during the last scene?

The implication was that Faith and Nerissa were the same person (or, more specifically, that one of them had been glamoured as the other). The voices in Bigby's head were from past conversations he'd had with the two, such as when he first met Nerissa and expressed that he felt as if he'd met her before; also, Nerissa's last line - "you're not as bad as everyone thinks you are" - was the last thing Faith said to him way back in the first episode.

The details are left entirely to the imagination, but the two most plausible possibilities are that either Nerissa is a glamoured Faith, who faked her death at the beginning by glamouring somebody else (most likely the real Nerissa) and purposefully ignited the whole chain of events in order to ultimately bring about the Crooked Man's downfall, or that the Faith who Bigby met at the beginning was actually a glamoured Nerissa, having already witnessed the real Faith's murder and approached Bigby disguised as Faith in order to ensure that, when her head turned up at the door of the Woodlands (which, of course, was intentionally placed there by Nerissa), Bigby would be emotionally attached to the case.

The implication was that Faith and Nerissa were the same person (or, more specifically, that one of them had been glamoured as the other). The voices in Bigby's head were from past conversations he'd had with the two, such as when he first met Nerissa and expressed that he felt as if he'd met her before; also, Nerissa's last line - "you're not as bad as everyone thinks you are" - was the last thing Faith said to him way back in the first episode.

The details are left entirely to the imagination, but the two most plausible possibilities are that either Nerissa is a glamoured Faith, who faked her death at the beginning by glamouring somebody else (most likely the real Nerissa) and purposefully ignited the whole chain of events in order to ultimately bring about the Crooked Man's downfall, or that the Faith who Bigby met at the beginning was actually a glamoured Nerissa, having already witnessed the real Faith's murder and approached Bigby disguised as Faith in order to ensure that, when her head turned up at the door of the Woodlands (which, of course, was intentionally placed there by Nerissa), Bigby would be emotionally attached to the case.

Wow. that is crazy lol. I guess i can look forward to a The Wolf Among Us season 2 then eh?

It has to be the second interpretation. I've looked around multiple gaming forums and the TellTale forums and a mass majority seem to agree that the second interpretation makes more sense between the two.

There is just absolutely no way Nerissa could be Faith as there's no way, given the circumstances and events in the story, Faith could stay glamoured throughout the entire series. I know Bufkin said, "She [Faith] hides her beauty from the kingdom" which is a strong indicator that the Nerissa we know is actually Faith, but it just doesn't add up.

It has to be the second interpretation. I've looked around multiple gaming forums and the TellTale forums and a mass majority seem to agree that the second interpretation makes more sense between the two.

There is just absolutely no way Nerissa could be Faith as there's no way, given the circumstances and events in the story, Faith could stay glamoured throughout the entire series. I know Bufkin said, "She [Faith] hides her beauty from the kingdom" which is a strong indicator that the Nerissa we know is actually Faith, but it just doesn't add up.

I agree that the second interpretation is the more likely of the two, but at the same time I don't see why it would be so difficult for Nerissa to actually be Faith; let's talk about this hypothetically. If we assume that the interpretation in which Nerissa is a glamoured Faith IS correct, then we know that Faith must have spent a very long time plotting to take down the Crooked Man, purely because the scheme is so elaborate. If she was plotting for such an extensive period of time, then it's perfectly possible that over that period she would've been able to bring together a small stash of glamours which would be able to retain her appearance as Nerissa throughout the whole series, even if she was using them in constant succession (it's worth noting that in total, the whole story takes place within less than a week, and we see from Lily's glamour as Snow that any decent glamour must last at least a day or so).

Also, it's quite possible that Faith wasn't using the glamours in constant succession anyway, meaning she'd need even less. In truth, Bigby doesn't actually encounter Nerissa many times throughout the story (she's probably in no more than 5 scenes or so), and being a prostitute she'd inevitably be spending long periods of time outside of the Pudding and Pie (i.e. the only place where people would be guaranteed to recognise her). Since Faith doesn't have a particularly distinctive appearance, she could've easily gone un-glamoured while meeting a number of her clients.

but if Georgie had killed the "real" Narissa don't you think he would've had something to say about her dancing topless for him when Bigby first meets her?

You'd think so, except you're forgetting that the head that turned up on the doorstep belonged to Faith (or, rather, "Faith"), not Nerissa - meaning that even if it WAS Nerissa who Georgie killed, she must have been glamoured to look like Faith for one reason or another.

You'd think so, except you're forgetting that the head that turned up on the doorstep belonged to Faith (or, rather, "Faith"), not Nerissa - meaning that even if it WAS Nerissa who Georgie killed, she must have been glamoured to look like Faith for one reason or another.

eh, but that just makes even less sense and really would just be a twist on a twist for no other reason then for it to be a twsit. Narissa pretending to be Faith for Bigby's benefit makes a hell of a lot more sense then Faith pretending to be Nairssa all the while Narissa was apparently pretending to be Faith while getting her head cut off

• 3 weeks later...
eh, but that just makes even less sense and really would just be a twist on a twist for no other reason then for it to be a twsit. Narissa pretending to be Faith for Bigby's benefit makes a hell of a lot more sense then Faith pretending to be Nairssa all the while Narissa was apparently pretending to be Faith while getting her head cut off

Yeah that makes less sense, I thought theory that Faith was always dead and Narissa glamored as her to bring Bigby into the case seemed a sound one makes sense and is also clever.

Having Narissa dead and Faith glamoring as Narissa just seems nonsensical, it would they would have been glamoring as each other, before one of them was killed.

It's funny how people can make things way more complicated to make the plot seem more "interesting" I read one post on the steam forums where one user thought Bloody Mary was glamoring as Narissa....

I'm deffo up for replaying the game and making opposite choices :)

Edited by Vitamin Dean

• 1 month later...

It's funny how people can make things way more complicated to make the plot seem more "interesting" I read one post on the steam forums where one user thought Bloody Mary was glamoring as Narissa....

I finally finished the game last night and started thinking more and more about the ending and actually came up with the potential conclusion that Mary was Narissa, too. We don't really know if the Mary the Big Bad Wolf killed was the real one thanks to so many clone, Mary had the ability to move through mirrors (thus being able to see and hear almost everything going on in Fabletown), she had the ability to get glamours, had the inside knowledge on what The Crooked Man had planned, and seemingly had no problems being top dog if CM wasn't around. It's probably not right, but Mary being Narissa might have some justification.