Who else agrees? (Spoilers)

Dalagrath

Who else wants them to make a Darksiders 2 co-op or multiplayer with the 4 horsemen. At the very end of killing Abbadon and the 4 meteors come flying down I got chills. I wanna play as Fury and Death.

It was 3 meteors, not 4.

You play as War, the youngest of the horsemen, so there can only be 3 more. Fury, Strife and Death

And to answer your question... Yes! i would love a sequel. And No! to co-op or MP!

I want it to stay as a singleplayer game. Why ruin it by shoe-horning(pun intended) multiplayer or Co-Op in? I would rather have 3 other seperate games where you play as each of the other 3 horsemen, 1 per game. Fury next, then Strife and aboviously ending with Death

Edited by Deadly Moves

It was 3 meteors, not 4.

You play as War, the youngest of the horsemen, so there can only be 3 more. Fury, Strife and Death

And to answer your question... Yes! i would love a sequel. And No! to co-op or MP!

I want it to stay as a singleplayer game. Why ruin it by shoe-horning(pun intended) multiplayer or Co-Op in? I would rather have 3 other seperate games where you play as each of the other 3 horsemen, 1 per game. Fury next, then Strife and aboviously ending with Death

As much as I HATE the idea of some games going multiplayer I would be alright with this one. Three more seperate games may be preferable but War is the protaginist and I doubt they would want to remove him as the main character. Multiplayer would be a good way to offset this I think. Although then everyone would want this or that character (I could see a lot of people scrambling for Death if it would lock him to the other people).

I'd rather it not be multiplayer, and if it was, then I would want NO multiplayer achievements, and it has to be slit screen friendly.

I'd prefer it to be more like you can play as all of them yourself, you either choose your character, or be able to switch between them, like dragon age sorta.

It was 3 meteors, not 4.

I agree co op is....ehhish,,,what would be neat is either you can play as any of the 4 and go through each's storyline that meet up at the end. The 4 brothers against the world =) i gotta say listening to her at the end game me chills, the music the ambiance. The "no....not AlONE!" it wasa great. very nerve wreaking and it makes me impatiant.

Agreed. That part of the ending was badass.

I'd be okay with a co-op game though this series would do very well as single-player. They set a fantastic story into motion with the game; I'm really curious to see how the remaining horsemen look and how this universe wraps up.

Having a Borderlands style of co-op would be ok for me. That is you can play local and online co-op, and it would be no adversarial or MP-only modes, plus you could either select your character or play certain parts with certain Horsemen.

But all in all I'd much prefer singleplayer only, and adversarial multiplayer would kill this game outright.

No MP for me... but having a style of morphing from one horseman into another would be cool... Or maybe something like Lost Vikings where you can jump from one character to another - that would be very hard to pull off with a hack and slash game though. Not sure what would work best, but having an immersive and impressive single player experience is more important that multi player for most people.

definitely needs to stay single player.

however it would be cool being able to switch between the Horsemen though. like they each have unique abilities and you need to use all of them to complete the game. like some can open doors that the others cant, etc.

Something similar to the TMNT game would work well in my opinion, obviously they'd need to make a better game than TMNT but the character-switching would work very well if they went down that route.

Darksiders was a pretty cool game but I don't think that a sequel would appeal to me very much if it wasn't multiplayer. Playing a game as each of the horsemen would probably be okay but it would probably be quite similar and wouldn't feel worthwhile. A 4player co-op Darksiders sequel would be much, much better than a single player one.

Ugh why cant a few game series just be devoted to single player? Id be really disappointed if this became yet another game series to go off an force multiplayer into it even though they did a fantastic job making a single player game. Look at Zelda, there are plenty of ways to alter things around and provide new enemies and puzzles to keep the series fresh without damn multiplayer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm wondering how they intend to strip the new horsemen of their powers. You spend the whole game getting War back to where he was, before the council stripped him of his powers. If they want to do a game for each horsemen, they'll have to come up with three more excuses to cripple each character at the start.