1. Why turn it off? I don't care about saving power. It's nice to jump right back into things when I wake up. Also, consoles now are essentially computers. I've heard it argued that it's actually more wear and tear on the components to turn it on and off than to just leave it run.

Because fuck the planet right? Did you learn nothing from Captain Planet:francis:

1. Why turn it off? I don't care about saving power. It's nice to jump right back into things when I wake up. Also, consoles now are essentially computers. I've heard it argued that it's actually more wear and tear on the components to turn it on and off than to just leave it run.

2. That's not the point. See above.

So put it in instant on and turn it off when you are done. It is still "on," it is just in low power mode.

And you don't care about saving power? Because who gives a shit about the planet, right?

Even computers need to be restarted/powered down with regularity. They run better that way. As for electrical components being turned on and off, it is doing it in quick succession or many times throughout a day. Normal on/off cycling is fine.

Quit being so idiotic. Or are you really this dense?

So put it in instant on and turn it off when you are done. It is still "on," it is just in low power mode.

And you don't care about saving power? Because who gives a shit about the planet, right?

Even computers need to be restarted/powered down with regularity. They run better that way. As for electrical components being turned on and off, it is doing it in quick succession or many times throughout a day. Normal on/off cycling is fine.

Quit being so idiotic. Or are you really this dense?

I don't want it off. I want it sitting on the fucking dashboard when I come back to it. Automatic updates shouldn't be conditional on the unit being shutdown. It's that simple. I'm pretty sure Windows updates used to be automatic, even when it was running. I stick mainly to linux at this point, which btw does NOT need to be powered down regularly to run properly like Windows always did. Myself and others I know with linux keep our machines running for weeks if not months without rebooting. The only time I reboot is when an update forces me to, and that's a lot less often on linux than Windows ever did. Pretty much only kernel updates force a reboot.

2. That's not the point. See above.

ok fine you leave your xbox on and dont use instant on. enjoy all your updates which can be solved by just turning it off. you must be really impatient to have to jump straight back into a game like that. even though instant on leaves most games running and lets you carry on when you turn xbox back on

1. Use pins. Makes things faster to find if you really have that much difficulty navigating the Xbox One (which isn't that hard when you take the time to learn it).

2. Of course they install from a disc faster. You only have to download an update (if there is one) when installing a disc instead of downloading the entire game.

3. They are considering voice messages for the Xbox One. I hope they don't return. I HATE voice messages and almost always refuse to listen to them.

4. Microsoft has made a commitment to issuing a system update once a month that adds new features. Other console updates are just bug fixes and such. They aren't big updates and I would rather MS add new things and fix broken things multiple times a month versus Sony where it goes months and months without fixes or updates.

5. Installs are mandatory because streaming a 50GB game from a Blu-ray disc is not practical or fast enough.

1) Could look into it, but i don't know, im always searching for stuff and that snaping thing seem to always come on, i dunno, im getting a bit better with it but i truly miss the 360 dashboard wich is so convenient. If they had do the SAME dasboard minus the loading times i would had been extremely happy lol

2) Yes i know, its just damn its over the top to download 50 GBs for a game... forget that. I don't know if even super cheap i will buy games digital... its ridiculous. Would i buy like 4 new games, i would already have use 200 GBs? And even tough im unlimited bandwith... poor people having limits...

3) Don't listen to them if you hate them... I want them back as a lot of my friends do too. Its much quicker to send a voice message to a friend than a text one. As for randoms, i know that sometimes probably people delete them anyway... so well, fine, i don't care. If they listen to them cool if not so be it.

4) lol in 6 years they will run out of idea... personally i don't see the point of "new features" that much

5) Im sure games don't need to be that big anyway... can't say im fond of the "progress" like that...

As for the guy letting his 360 run 24/7 i hope he is just trolling, cause that would be seriously retarded... I do let mine open often while on the computer or doing something else, i will usually play back again later, sometimes i even let it on if i got to the conv store, but while you sleep? wtf...

ok fine you leave your xbox on and dont use instant on. enjoy all your updates which can be solved by just turning it off. you must be really impatient to have to jump straight back into a game like that. even though instant on leaves most games running and lets you carry on when you turn xbox back on

This, I don't get why it's so important to be able to jump straight back into your game when it only takes like 30-60 seconds to start up the console and load whatever you're playing back up. There's no way it can possibly be a good thing to leave your console on 24/7 like Viper has, especially since the 360 doesn't exactly have the best cooling system.

Perhaps there's a much lower chance of damage when doing the same thing with the one, but I don't see why it's worth risking damaging your console like that just to get an extra minute or two of gaming.

I don't want it off. I want it sitting on the fucking dashboard when I come back to it. Automatic updates shouldn't be conditional on the unit being shutdown. It's that simple. I'm pretty sure Windows updates used to be automatic, even when it was running. I stick mainly to linux at this point, which btw does NOT need to be powered down regularly to run properly like Windows always did. Myself and others I know with linux keep our machines running for weeks if not months without rebooting. The only time I reboot is when an update forces me to, and that's a lot less often on linux than Windows ever did. Pretty much only kernel updates force a reboot.

Hell yea man! Fuck polar bears, and Windows! You are my new hero, I want to be just like you when I grow up. You are so god damn awesome! :ass

Hell yea man! Fuck polar bears, and Windows! You are my new hero, I want to be just like you when I grow up. You are so god damn awesome! :ass

I have a friend that used to have an old Lincoln with a 460(?) big block. He was driving something else and didn't have plates/insurance on it for years, but he would always make a point of starting it and revving it in the driveway for like 20 minutes on Earth Day. :biglaugh

Good to see the Xbox One nannies are still out in full force ready to defend against any noobs with the gall to use the complaint thread.

Exactly. I swear the only thing XB1 has over PS4 at this point is the controller. Halo is so broken it doesn't even count. I guess a Gears of War collection is supposedly coming this year though.

Exactly. I swear the only thing XB1 has over PS4 at this point is the controller. Halo is so broken it doesn't even count. I guess a Gears of War collection is supposedly coming this year though.

Because the PS4 has such AMAZING exclusives available at this time compared to the Xbox One.

And no, a GoW collection is not coming this year. Or ever (at this time), according to the dev studio.

Because the PS4 has such AMAZING exclusives available at this time compared to the Xbox One.

And no, a GoW collection is not coming this year. Or ever (at this time), according to the dev studio.

How many PS4 games make you download upward of 10GB worth of updates just to get started? I haven't heard of many. Yet, I hear that about every XB1 exclusive. Collecting discs barely seems worth it this gen because of all the ridiculous updates.

How many PS4 games make you download upward of 10GB worth of updates just to get started? I haven't heard of many. Yet, I hear that about every XB1 exclusive. Collecting discs barely seems worth it this gen because of all the ridiculous updates.

When you are playing 6 hour games that are 50% cutscenes, of course your updates are going to be small.

Trollolololololololol.

I'm pretty sure that's on both consoles

Games are getting larger and disk space is not

I really don't understand why people have such big issues with updates, they don't take that long and they give developers the chance to touch up any issues that arise.

This is the future, games are never going back to being only on disks.

Oh, just shut the fuck up.

4 minute response time, nice. So, spending your day calling people idiots and telling them to shut up if they say something you disagree with. Right on.

That's a shame about Gears of War not coming out soon. GoW and Doom 4 are the only 2 games that could get me to crack and buy a X1 at this point after the MCC flop.

I'm pretty sure that's on both consoles

Games are getting larger and disk space is not

I really don't understand why people have such big issues with updates, they don't take that long and they give developers the chance to touch up any issues that arise.

This is the future, games are never going back to being only on disks.

No, it's making devs lazy and allowing rushed releases. Having to download half the amount of data that a disc holds isn't "touching up" it's them releasing unfinished shit, really fucking things up, or being ridiculously inefficient. Not everyone has fast or unlimited internet. In my case, speed is the issue, because I live out in farm country and DSL is the only option. Slow ass DSL. Moreover, when I buy a disc, I want a completed game, not buggy incomplete shit that doesn't work without updates anyway. That kind of disc is worthless if/when the servers holding all these updates are ever shutdown. Hell, I'd rather see the digital versions release a month before the discs if it meant the discs would actually be complete and less buggy.

4 minute response time, nice. So, spending your day calling people idiots and telling them to shut up if they say something you disagree with. Right on.

That's a shame about Gears of War not coming out soon. GoW and Doom 4 are the only 2 games that could get me to crack and buy a X1 at this point after the MCC flop.

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize I was allowed to spend my afternoon wasting time on the internet after spending the last two nights on 12 hour shifts in the emergency department. Next time, I'll check with you to make sure I am using my time wisely.

And I didn't call you an idiot. I just told you to shut the fuck up. My comment still stands.

If you don't even own an Xbox One, why are you even posting here?

No, it's making devs lazy and allowing rushed releases. Having to download half the amount of data that a disc holds isn't "touching up" it's them releasing unfinished shit, really fucking things up, or being ridiculously inefficient. Not everyone has fast or unlimited internet. In my case, speed is the issue, because I live out in farm country and DSL is the only option. Slow ass DSL. Moreover, when I buy a disc, I want a completed game, not buggy incomplete shit that doesn't work without updates anyway. That kind of disc is worthless if/when the servers holding all these updates are ever shutdown. Hell, I'd rather see the digital versions release a month before the discs if it meant the discs would actually be complete and less buggy.

It sounds like your real issues are with your internet provider, based on your rural location, which is not Microsoft's fault -- and developers relying on downloadable updates to make their games work properly. Again, not an issue on Microsoft or the Xbox One's side of things. Developers are lazy now, that won't change regardless of the gaming platform you choose.

You have unrealistic expectations from a console and a company that have provided you with more than enough information about their product before you ever made a purchase, and you're using problems that are unrelated to either as a jumping off point to throw tantrums. You should either enjoy the console for what it does offer, rather than what it doesn't, or grow a pair and sell the thing and buy the system that you believe is so much better. I've never seen someone so committed to a console that they despise so much, all the while going on about how green the grass is on the other side.

Your arguments and rants are absurd, uninformed, ignorant and redundant. From the suggestion of going back to cartridges to some bullshit about what an inconvenience it is to have to turn on your console. I'm putting you down to pure trolling at this point, and truthfully, someone in charge should consider the same.

Eh, I was with ya until this comment Hunter. Don't be that guy. I still frequent the sister site and comment although I don't have a PlayStation 4 anymore. Some people are reading this thread for feedback as to whether or not it's the right the time to pick up an Xbox One. I just don't care for get the fuck out dismissals.

Edited by WalterWhite

It sounds like your real issues are with your internet provider, based on your rural location, which is not Microsoft's fault -- and developers relying on downloadable updates to make their games work properly. Again, not an issue on Microsoft or the Xbox One's side of things. Developers are lazy now, that won't change regardless of the gaming platform you choose.

You have unrealistic expectations from a console and a company that have provided you with more than enough information about their product before you ever made a purchase, and you're using problems that are unrelated to either as a jumping off point to throw tantrums. You should either enjoy the console for what it does offer, rather than what it doesn't, or grow a pair and sell the thing and buy the system that you believe is so much better. I've never seen someone so committed to a console that they despise so much, all the while going on about how green the grass is on the other side.

Your arguments and rants are absurd, uninformed, ignorant and redundant. From the suggestion of going back to cartridges to some bullshit about what an inconvenience it is to have to turn on your console. I'm putting you down to pure trolling at this point, and truthfully, someone in charge should consider the same.

Eh, I was with ya until this comment Hunter. Don't be that guy. I still frequent the sister site and comment although I don't have a PlayStation 4 anymore. Some people are reading this thread for feedback as to whether or not it's the right the time to pick up an Xbox One. I just don't care for get the fuck out dismissals.

I didn't mean posting in the Xbox One forum, I meant posting in the bitching thread complaining about a piece of hardware that they don't even own.

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize I was allowed to spend my afternoon wasting time on the internet after spending the last two nights on 12 hour shifts in the emergency department. Next time, I'll check with you to make sure I am using my time wisely.

And I didn't call you an idiot. I just told you to shut the fuck up. My comment still stands.

You can comment all you like, I'll say whatever the hell I want. Got it? I post here because I've been interested in the new system for a long time, but I'm not buying anything with so many problems. I've been a big fan of Xbox since the original and it's disheartening to see the direction things are going. I've been reading this and the MCC thread since day one and there's more than enough information in both to keep me away at this point.

1. The PS4 version of Sniper Elite 3 did NOT have a 10GB day one update (only 400MB). Other multiplats probably have smaller updates on PS4 too. Seems like the XB1's update system isn't as good.

2. I will be getting a PS4 in a couple weeks for the EDF 4.1, which I'm importing from Japan.

3. Flash memory reads a shitload faster than fucking blu-ray. Not to mention MS is probably paying Sony in some way just to use BD tech.

4. I own 639 retail discs for Xbox 360. I'll hate the Xbox One and the direction MS is going as much as I damn well please.

You can comment all you like, I'll say whatever the hell I want. Got it? I post here because I've been interested in the new system for a long time, but I'm not buying anything with so many problems. I've been a big fan of Xbox since the original and it's disheartening to see the direction things are going. I've been reading this and the MCC thread since day one and there's more than enough information in both to keep me away at this point.

You can say what you want but when you start name calling you have expect people to fly back and to be fair most people who have been posting in response to the complainers have been offering work arounds others may not have known about. With the exception of that one person who expects the entire world to bend to their needs:p

Edited by DEG23