Demo/preorder/codes Discussion (Removed after release)

Tyger7

Discuss the demo here, including questions on codes and if things carry over to the final game. Also feel free to give confirmed answers which can be put on this post so people don't have to scroll through.

All threads discussing codes will be locked. Use this thead.

Edited by Tyger7

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't most retailers if not all retailers giving you a code to download Gears 1 from the XBL marketplace when you buy a a new copy of GOWJ?I ask this because I preordered from the MS store but did not see any mention of them giving you a code for GOW1

Aren't most retailers if not all retailers giving you a code to download Gears 1 from the XBL marketplace when you buy a a new copy of GOWJ?I ask this because I preordered from the MS store but did not see any mention of them giving you a code for GOW1

I'm pretty sure it's all release date copies that get Gears 1.

I think ppl will get tired of this quickly...there are no weapons for the cogs to pick up & it's just boring & the same thing every time. The locust wins because they have the explosives & the best stuff. I hope they put the original horde from gears 3 in the game.

When the actual game releases, I will not be playing over run at all! I don't like it at all.. I'm only playing because the xp carries over.. an I pre ordered my VIP season pass off the dashboard...

Does anyone know if double xp will be in the domination game mode? It's really gona suck if double xp is gona only be for over run mode..

For the first hour I was really frustrated with the game and then I was leveling up and started to understand the game mode. For those who make comments like i am not going to get this game because of this or that, no-one said you need to play these game modes. Don't judge a game just based on one multi-player game mode. If you enjoyed the other Gears, then the game wont have changed much, just the story lines.

Demo is awesome. Bunch of idiots playing it though, it's like they don't know what they're doing so they all choose soldiers for cog or grenadiers for locusts. I dont think people understand that each class is different and that team work is needed for this mode. You cant just free for all. Kind of reminds me of a mix of team fortress 2 with battlefield 3 rush mode though.

I'm having fun with it though, not boring whatsoever.

The mode isn't bad but it would definitely be better if there was more than one map to change things up a bit for the demo.

Once I started using Baird, I won 5 MVP ribbons in a row. And I am by no means a great player. The ability to get turret kills, repair, and still use the shottie make him by far the best COG (at least to me).

I'm digging it. It's refreshing and decent although there are problems, and I couldn't imagine playing it for many more hours than I already have.

Put together a quick "review" video with some of the good and bad points here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGN-myTMMKs]Gears of War: Judgment Demo - Gameplay & Review - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Maka

Man i'm still waiting for my code.Tired of always getting screwed over by GameStop.They should have just put the code on the receipt and told ppl to ONLY use the code starting today.

I agree, still waiting on mine. GameStop is getting on my last nerve.

Go to the store (how I got mine) or call them. Either way will get you a code as of today. This was mentioned in some of the other topics here before they got locked, as well as the Epic forums.

I think ppl will get tired of this quickly...there are no weapons for the cogs to pick up & it's just boring & the same thing every time. The locust wins because they have the explosives & the best stuff. I hope they put the original horde from gears 3 in the game.
If COGs could pick up items it would destroy the balance, Locust are supposed to have an advantage. The mode is called OVERRUN, because they're supposed to get OVERRUN.

I'm actually really liking the demo. Only issue I have is the turrets being insanely powerful
I'm guessing you mean the Sentry? I call them turrets too sometimes. They are pretty good but they only last a short amount of time and the cooldown is pretty long.

I'm not digging the demo at all. It just doesn't feel like Gears. I am strongly considering canceling my preorder because of this, which makes me sad...
Even though Cliff doesn't work at Epic anymore, this is actually kind of the Gears he always wanted. This forces co-op so hard this mode will be very frustaring against a good pre-made of five.

Demo is awesome. Bunch of idiots playing it though, it's like they don't know what they're doing so they all choose soldiers for cog or grenadiers for locusts. I dont think people understand that each class is different and that team work is needed for this mode. You cant just free for all. Kind of reminds me of a mix of team fortress 2 with battlefield 3 rush mode though.

I'm having fun with it though, not boring whatsoever.

Oh God, I know your pain. I'm out of shotgun ammo so I fallow around a Cole and then he just stares at me with his character wondering why I'm meleeing him.

Go to the store (how I got mine) or call them. Either way will get you a code as of today. This was mentioned in some of the other topics here before they got locked, as well as the Epic forums.

Dude you are an ass hat. Why do you act so sure of yourself on here? They actually won't give you the code in store, unless you pre ordered in the store. If you pre ordered online you'll have to sit on the phone with customer service for about an hour and beg them for a code, as they will insist it's in your "digital locker". And what the hell did you mean by "judging by the size of your dogs" in the thread from yesterday? Get a life man. Sorry not everyone on here checks every damn thread that is ever posted.

Dude you are an ass hat. Why do you act so sure of yourself on here? They actually won't give you the code in store, unless you pre ordered in the store. If you pre ordered online you'll have to sit on the phone with customer service for about an hour and beg them for a code, as they will insist it's in your "digital locker". And what the hell did you mean by "judging by the size of your dogs" in the thread from yesterday? Get a life man. Sorry not everyone on here checks every damn thread that is ever posted.

You mean you don't spend every hour of everyday on here checking threads!!! :eek:

I'm glad I didn't have to deal with any of this code bullshit. my was emailed to me no problem, but i'd be pissed also if Gamestop fucked up my code.

I'm digging it. It's refreshing and decent although there are problems, and I couldn't imagine playing it for many more hours than I already have.

Put together a quick "review" video with some of the good and bad points here:

Nice one, I have to wait till Monday for the demo so was interested to watch this. I like what I see so far.

WTF are you talking about?? First of all, that wasn't me that posted about the 'size of your dogs'.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5636322#post5636322

Read that post.....does that look like my username??

Second of all, I only mentioned the other threads so people will know the information was verified. I wasn't saying that to point out that they should know already. Only confirming information.

And third, I responded to two people that did not mention the Gamestop website and simply stated Gamestop. The HELP I was trying to give them was obviously meant for folks who preordered in-store and weren't aware that the store can now print out codes.

Go take a class in reading comprehension before you jump down someone's throat and insult them just for trying to help, asshole.

Edited by ColdSpider72