Good buy?

agentplatypus

Should I buy?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy?

• Yes
    • No

Well. The first time you go through the game, it's amazing. The story is brilliant, the scenery, everything. The second time you will probably go through the other way (if you went on 1st, youll go evil on 2nd etc) and that's what keeps it interesting. 3rd times and giher, it gets boring and tedious.

The achievments are relatively hard. Alyy achievments, if done right, require 3 playthrough's for all six. Then the difficulty, which is another 3. To get VERY achievment, the game must be completed a minimum of 3 times, and more with new characters for the biotic powers and such. The game is meant for fun, not for achievments. I'd say buy it to experience it, then when you've done everything, go back and trade it in.

Yes or no or maybe so?

How hard is it to get 1050/1050?

yes you should buy this game..the achievements are not hard, but "time consumin"..i started the game 13 days ago and i will finish 1050 today or tomorrow (played about 70h) ..

edit:

finished!! got 1050GS in 13 days!!

Edited by Achiever TM

It's definately a good game, and a good buy. I wouldn't say the achievements are difficult to achieve, they just take time thats all. If you want to play a game for fun, the game is definately for you, if you want to play the game for achievements... The majority of the achievements are easy to get, and by doing all of the achievements you pretty much do everything on the game.

I'd say buy it, don't rent it. It will take much too long to complete with it being rented.

This game is not that great and the story sucks. Get something else. Playing through the entire game once is tedious enough, playing through the entire game three times to earn all the achievements is a pain and a chore.

ignore this arrogant idiot. mass effect is a great rpg and the story is one that has driven me to even read the mass effect novels. pick it up and play through and eventually you'll get a handfull of the points.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed,

I found Mass Effect to be the best dollar to playtime ratio I have ever spent. I'm only on the first run through but knowing that I'm going to play it again at least twice is fantastic. The achievements do take a while so this isn't a game to play for a fast 1000.

I'm just psyched that the second playthrough is going to be a totally different experience as a renegade. I can't wait to throw my Spectre status around a little bit :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am almost through the achievements of this game, and I have beat it on varying difficulties seven times now, and I still have a lot of fun with it. Getting the achievements is secondary in my opinion the first couple times you play due to the immense storyline for Paragon or Renegade. Trying all the different classes can change the game play for you as well which can add to replay ability.

I would recommend buying this game to anyone, it has a little fps and a lot of rpg thrown in which is great for me as I enjoy both (albeit fps a little more). I got the majority of achievements on my first run through which was great as I was not really trying to. Just going about the story line and planet exploring. It was and still is brilliant.