What are the best headphones for MW3?

Mr Rawls

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the x31's now because I got sick of the wire. It looked bad, plus we got two cats in the last year who went through chewing spells.

In the past I have used the x11's and the original x1's. At the time I was using them I found both pairs to be better than my surround speakers. The x11 and x31 both have the same sound quality except for the additional preset modes in the x31. But I find both modes to be less ideal than the default, so I basically use the x31 like a wireless x11. I just wish there was a way to shield the signal so that if my wife is nearby with the laptop I didn't get the crackling that comes from interference.

As far as any other headsets I can't comment. But I know some that use the $250 Tritons that say it's a big step up. I'm not much of an audiophile but what I got works well for me. If you like the x11s and just want to rid yourself of the wire then get the x31s and save the money. I doubt the extra hundreds of dollars will make that much difference.

Im new to using Turtle Beach Headsets. I recieved a $30 best buy gift card and saw a cheap set of TB XL1's for $40 bucks. I think they work incredible. I can hear everything so clear and footsteps are so loud. Great for ambusing. The biggest drawback tho is the amt of wires. One for the USB, one goes into the back of the TV and another into my controller. I dont like that, but they work great.

None of these are actually the BEST headsets. You're best bet is probably those like $300+ PC headsets you can use for the 360 like the Sennheisers or w/e. What you're actually thinking about is the precious Astro 5.8 MixAmp. That's what makes the headsets so beast. But the Astro A40s are definitely one of the best headsets around

Also, if you don't have an Xbox Slim don't even bother getting anything with 7.1 DD because the Elite and lower only support 5.1 so it would be a waste.

So my 1 1/2 year old Jasper xbox (arcade) doesn't support 7.1? Are you sure?

I'm not too big on jtags but it doesn't support 7.1 unless you changed the sound card or something. You really should just stick with Astros. Trittons and TBs are HUGE. Not that it really matters but the ear cups are like monsters.

Please, the madcat brand headphones while very good are not better than astros

Last time I looked into the difference. The Trittons have worse sound quality, but better detection of the direction of footsteps due to having more speakers in each head phone.

So I guess it depends on what you value more, a larger competitive edge or nicer sound effects.

Although I have talked to people who own both and don't hear the sound quality difference, but definitely hear the direction difference.

Edit: Inb4 Astros are only popular because they sponsor MLG, while all competitive players admit to using Trittons in private.

Edited by CANNONFODDER52

Lol icwatudidthar

I was going to say hutch or someone like that but I don't think anyone would have gotten it.

Anyways back to Mr. Burton. I recently checked up on him to see if he still gets views. Well I was very disappointed to say the least.

My friends and I still have this theory that he is actually a big troll.

Watch his metro 2033 review if you want to see him in his prime.

Edited by CANNONFODDER52

There is no reason to spend $2-300 on a headset for this game. First of all, anyone with a brain is running with Dead Silence, they're the ones you have to watch out for. Secondly, the way sound is funneled in this game, a T.V. set on a normal volume level can pick up footsteps, reloads, and even the sound people make when swapping weapons, all in stereo mode.

So really, tell that wonderful lady of yours to save her money for something better, like a new T.V., a weekend vacation, or a myriad of other things that would be a better use of $300.

Headsets were amazing with CoD4 and MW2, now, really, they're useless.