Possibly the easiest wy to get "Master of Destruction"

PRSguitarist16

***THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE JUST STARTING THE GAME OR THOSE WHO HAVE TO RUN THROUGH THE GAME AGAIN. SORRY TO THOSE WHO ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME, I COULDNT FIND A SOLUTION FOR GETTING THIS ACHIEVEMENT LATER ON IN THE GAME. SERIOUSLY, GO FOR THIS ACHIEVEMENT FIRST (WELL OF COURSE AFTER "SUPRISE") JUST SO YOU DONT HAVE TO RUN THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME AGAIN JUST TO GET ONE ACHIEVEMENT FOR ALL THE UPGRADES!!!***

I had absolutely NO problems with the "Master of Destruction" achievement BOTH times that I achieved the achievement. It was my 2nd achievement for the game! I got it for a buddy of mine first before I put the game in to make sure I could actually complete the game since this is one of the only achievements everyone seems to have soo much trouble with.

This is what I did: My 360 was set to 480p, I started the game up, and before I did anything, besides the beginning thing where you have to get out of the building and fight a boss, I looked at the map (but notice at this point you don't have the sprint ability nor the waypoint marker for your map) and choose the small square in the top righthand corner of the map (Known as Spanish Harlem). *Note: I ONLY had ONE achievement before I went for this and that was "Suprise!" which you have to get before you can even begin to go for this one.* I took my map crosshair to locate the boundries of the neighborhood (Spanish Harlem) which the North boundary is along the top line of Central Park, the East boundary is along the coast, the West boundary is parallel with Central Park and the South boundary includes many buildings which seem to connect to another section/ neighborhood. So I went along that line and destroyed all those buildings to create a visual marker of what buildings I need to destroy, and destroy them all BOTH times.

But another thing to note is, I don't quite know what the deal is but the FIRST time that I tried to go for the achievement (which was on my buddy's account) he had gotten a few mission-related achievements after the very first one and it started to seem like it was going to freeze (it would lock up for a second or two and go back to normal) but I got it after destroying the last building. I used the jump (A button) and punch (X button) to get it done ALOT faster but I also had patience, so I would let the building fall completely then just mess around for 30 seconds and go to the next one. You can check your progress by going into the start menu and using your Left or Right bumpers to go over to "STATS" and go down to "Hulk Destruction" and you will see the neighborhoods and their destruction completion percentage. This method worked for me twice and I hope it works for you all as well!

Good Luck and let me know of any success!

Edited by PRSguitarist16
update

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If I had to do it over I would wait to do this after I was fully upgraded. I did it early on and because hulk was still weak it took me quite a while. However, when I finished the game and had Hulk fully upgraded buildings fell like paper. I was just running around doing jump challenges and because I was on threat level 9 and enemies where shooting at me constantly buildings just fell without even trying. It was kind of pissing me off a little because the jump challenges were at the tops of the buildings that were falling.

• 1 year later...