Its 2011 and NO PATCH!! COME ON VALVE

acedallas32

this shouldn't surprise anyone. we're talking about a dlc that was announced late, released late, and was always supposed to be FIVE scenes. the fact that it also has broken achievements w/ a fix that may not even come is just icing on the cake. can't wait to never buy L4D3...

I think it's rather harsh to say you won't buy a product (in this case l4d3) because of a previous product. Sure I'm frustrated just like all of you and I can rant and rave all day about it but I'll get straight to my point as to why boycotting isn't necessarily the answer. Left4Dead 1 has always had issues with the servers and dlc. Issues of either released on time or glitched, regardless - issues are issues. We all speculated if the new dlc would be glitched before it even came out and referenced it to being another crash course in the making. It really can't be a complete surprise that it wasn't 100% what we expected which sucks in the long run but it's still a decent product. Left4Dead 2's version of this wasn't glitched at all. It seems that the issues lie somewhere in L4D1's coding. So saying you wouldn't buy L4D3 wouldn't make any sense, it'd more than likely be glitch free just like 2 was.

As said before, if you want to hurt valve and not penalize yourself and enjoy some of their new titles - you have the option to not purchase the game as new - yet purchase it used and hit them where it hurts. Wait til it's a few weeks or months old and ensure that it's quality then go buy it used. Simple enough.

"Left4Dead 2's version of this wasn't glitched at all." sorry, but, hahahhahahhahahahhahahahah, you might be able to get the achievements, but please don't pretend it's not full of glitches.

Valve will probably announce a patch in about 3 months, so expect to wait until April 2012

Edited by verybadloser

"Left4Dead 2's version of this wasn't glitched at all." sorry, but, hahahhahahhahahahhahahahah, you might be able to get the achievements, but please don't pretend it's not full of glitches.

Valve will probably announce a patch in about 3 months, so expect to wait until April 2012

Granted, I didn't play sacrifice till a week or so after it came out on L4D2, but what glitches? Seems pretty polished to me.

As said before, if you want to hurt valve and not penalize yourself and enjoy some of their new titles - you have the option to not purchase the game as new - yet purchase it used and hit them where it hurts. Wait til it's a few weeks or months old and ensure that it's quality then go buy it used. Simple enough.

that's what i meant. i've talked about it in some of the other threads.

fuck valve in the ass, they have a lot of people who love to make excuses for them (they're a pc company! nyahh!) but the bottom line is that they charged us for dlc (TWICE for the sacrifice!!) and didn't deliver a solid product. they blatantly LIED about the sacrifice in the months leading up to its release. they very well may have LIED when they said a patch for 360 was imminent. they suck.

that's what i meant. i've talked about it in some of the other threads.

fuck valve in the ass, they have a lot of people who love to make excuses for them (they're a pc company! nyahh!) but the bottom line is that they charged us for dlc (TWICE for the sacrifice!!) and didn't deliver a solid product. they blatantly LIED about the sacrifice in the months leading up to its release. they very well may have LIED when they said a patch for 360 was imminent. they suck.

I'm pretty sure they don't charge for the DLC, microsoft does. I'm not saying they don't see some money from it but it's microsoft that makes most DLC be paid for.

Valve are notoriusly slow to do anything, i get the frustration some are having but this was to be expected. Sucks but it's true.

I'm not holding my breath on a patch here... Crash Course came out when? And it's glitchy achievements still haven't been patched.

I wish there was a little more transparency on Microsoft's end; A list of titles with patches awaiting approval for release. Then the developers can't hide behind the excuse "We already submitted it". Honestly I don't believe that they have submitted anything to MS.

I'm holding on to my MS points until I'm able to get 1500/1500.

I'm not holding my breath on a patch here... Crash Course came out when? And it's glitchy achievements still haven't been patched.

I wish there was a little more transparency on Microsoft's end; A list of titles with patches awaiting approval for release. Then the developers can't hide behind the excuse "We already submitted it".

Honestly I don't believe that they have submitted anything to MS.

I'm holding on to my MS points until I'm able to get 1500/1500.

I 2nd that notion as well. It is too easy for a company to blame Microshaft by stating that excuse. Patches take approximately 2 weeks to go thru the certification process, not months. And if you are naive and "trust" what game developers say, then you are dumber than a post.

I'm pretty sure they don't charge for the DLC, microsoft does. I'm not saying they don't see some money from it but it's microsoft that makes most DLC be paid for.

Valve are notoriusly slow to do anything, i get the frustration some are having but this was to be expected. Sucks but it's true.

I'll give you the point on the DLC, but Valve is slow? You do know that the PC version of L4D1 got a Sacrifizzle patch 3 days after it was released right?

i'm pretty sure they don't charge for the dlc, microsoft does. I'm not saying they don't see some money from it but it's microsoft that makes most dlc be paid for.

that is NOT an acceptable fucking excuse, yet it's one i hear CONSTANTLY. that's a load of bullshit, pure and simple. it may not have been their idea to charge a fee, but they are still responsible.