Unpopular Xbox/Gaming Related Opinions You Have?

Stormy2k

I have more fun in the drop-in/drop-out co-op games solo (Borderlands, Dead Island...even Gears Of War)

I hate multiplayer

I find the Horde modes they want to throw in everything nowadays extremely boring.

I also have no problem with the $10 pass code things they've been doing.

I enjoy the "beat the game on veteran/insane" achievements

I don't mind collectible hunting

Edited by Illicit

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then they come on forums like this and try and justify why they enjoyed playing the golden compass!!!!' fuck off, the game is shit. If it didn't gave an easy 1000g it wouldn't be played!!!!!!

lol oh no you didnt go there, cant believe you mentioned that game. i bought it on a hunch, because it was 5$ - then i found out why:(. i guess its based on a movie, i think i got 5GS then shelfed it.

• i am very picky on mutiplayers, and usually stick with the same games online. i prefer single player titles, and almost wish some would just stop trying to force MP on the fans.
  • i love real-time and turn-based strategy games, which i think most people dont enjoy.
  • weapon duping was aweful in 'dead island' and allowed people to exploit an already bugged game. i was probably the only person in the world that never duped a weapon while playing that game, atleast every person i met duped weapons for $. i just felt that it ruined the RPG, atleast a friend duped me his katana sword. that was the only sword my xxian char ever found, and she was a sharp weapons expert...

Those 3 PC games being a waste of of time is my unpopular opinion, you know, the point of the thread:p. And the comment in bold makes my head explode lol. All consoles being equal in quality to each other is very debatable in the first place. But then you casually throw in a very controversial comment about handheld gaming to completely contradict it.

Lol what? I used handheld gaming as a example of a different platform you could have mentioned and I would have still questioned why you were saying that was a waste of time compared to why gaming on your 360 isn't.

I see a lot of people coming on here and posting things that they think are unpopular when actually they're quite common....

Example: Enjoying "Co-op" games solo (Dead Island, Borderlands, L4D, etc.)

Not understanding/hating gamersore whoring. Considering the avarage gamerscore out of the 10mil+ live gamers is 11K, I'd imagine that's a pretty common opinion. (Although, I can't help but wonder why you're on a website specifically designed around this aspect of gaming...)

A dislike of multiplayer achievements.

I think you people all need to research the definition of the word "unpopular" :p

Valid "unpopular" opinions I've seen listed so far. Not listing all, just the ones I found to be most unpopular

Dislike of CoD / Halo / Gears / Zombie Games

Dislike of all FPS games this gen (Really? Not one? haha)

Dislike of -any- form of PC gaming AND PC Gamers. (Again...a little irrational, but whatev's, this is a thread for unpopular opinions)

Lol what? I used handheld gaming as a example of a different platform you could have mentioned and I would have still questioned why you were saying that was a waste of time compared to why gaming on your 360 isn't.

Oh sorry i thought by 'same thing' you meant waste of time. Whoops :p. I love my DS and Ipod lol. Though all consoles are not equal. I'm not an expert so i can't say for which one is the best all round, but they are made with different hardware and have completely different capabilities.

Streetfighter is rubbish - think thats all my unpopular opinions i can think of (Gaming ones anyways)

Me too. I'm a massive fan of fighting games. Tekken, Soulcalibur, MK and anime ones mainly. Yet despite my favoritism to the genre i hate the supposed 'big daddy' of them all. I've got it on my Ipod Touch, but that's all. I can't even say with confidence it was $0.99 well spent either

I like playing games that you have to talk to people so I can ignore the other people in the game or playing funny noises through the mic while they try to figure out what's going on,I also pretended to speak another language once to confuse someone that was in the game. I know most people would hate that but I only do things like when the other people in the game are annoying and it's funny because most of the people just laughed and sent me a friend request.

Oohhh this thread could dissolve into lots of hate, but I like it. lol

I actually have many. Lets see how many people I can shock.

1 - hate the Grand Theft Auto games.

2 - Didn't care for Bioshock

3 - Didn't like Mass Effect

Are you still with me because this is 100% truth.

4 - I really enjoyed Brink

5 - Don't mind online passes in new games

6 - I don't much care for the Halo games, Reach is the only one I mildly enjoyed.

7 - I really really enjoyed Need for Speed Carbon

Ok, that's enough for now. I'm sure people completely disagree with me but that's why there's so many different games out there.

1. Rockstar couldn't make a good game if they tried

2. Oblivion was trash five years ago and it's trash now

3. Too Human deserves a sequel

4. Borderlands is the most over-hyped game ever

5. The Wii has the best exclusives of all three consoles

6. LA Noire should be game of the year

7. I love Day 1 DLC

8. I love the online passes

9. The 3DS is a great handheld, just lacking software (although in a couple months that won't be the case)

10. PC gaming is is only better than console in the MMO, RTS, and FPS genres.

My most unpopular gaming opinion...........

"...boosting achievements to over inflate a gamerscore. Just don't get it at all. You get a load a people online to play utter crap games..." and let each other kill and be killed to pop an achievement that inflates your score, why??

There are some fantastic games released this for this great console and it saddens me when I see people with these massive gamerscores and see that they've played some real piece of shit games just for gamerscore, games they wouldn't have played in a million years on previous generations of consoles.

Then they come on forums like this and try and justify why they enjoyed playing the golden compass!!!!' fuck off, the game is shit. If it didn't gave an easy 1000g it wouldn't be played!!!!!!

Phew, rant over lol!

Um... you have played and 1 kd King Kong, Avatar The Burning Earth, Lost... to name but a few, but to each their own.

Having said that, I quite liked King Kong and thought it was a reasonable game. I have played through it pretty much 3 times.

2. Oblivion was trash five years ago and it's trash now

3. Too Human deserves a sequel

4. Borderlands is the most over-hyped game ever

5. The Wii has the best exclusives of all three consoles

7. I love Day 1 DLC

8. I love the online passes

9. The 3DS is a great handheld, just lacking software (although in a couple months that won't be the case)

10. PC gaming is is only better than console in the MMO, RTS, and FPS genres.

1 - Errr, Table Tennis :p

ok, not looking for a fight or anything, here are mines

Halo is overrated (i like the campaing on ODST, and everyone else hate it)

60% of the COD community are kids under 15years old that's why im not gonna play it online again.

ppl that play BF:BC 2 or any other more realistic FPS game think their sh*t dont stink.

Rockstar is THE BEST videogame company, they care for us :)

kinect is NOT a waste of money

Guess that's all

PS: I'm trying to improve my english (the written part) and I'm having problems with the past sentences and verbs, if u see something wrong let me know (in a nice way :) ) I would like to learn!

Um... you have played and 1 kd King Kong, Avatar The Burning Earth, Lost... to name but a few, but to each their own.

Having said that, I quite liked King Kong and thought it was a reasonable game. I have played through it pretty much 3 times.

Yes I have one or two games on my list that some would consider boosting essentials. In the early days of my xbox gaming I was competting with a mate of mine for gamerscore for a bit of a laugh. I played avatar back in 2007.

I actually picked king kong up for a ridiculously cheap price as I enjoyed the film and quite liked it. You'll see a few superhero games and movie games on my list as I bought these genuinely as I expected to enjoy them.

The only boosting game I've played in recent times is truth and lies which a mate bought round mine and I maxed out in less than 1 hour. I hated the game and thought it was a pile of shot and I'd never have touched it if my mate hadn't said it was real quick.

My hatred of boosting comes from the fact I've dipped into a bit myself and got a bit addicted to achievements. It ended up feeling like a real chore and I decided to knock it on the head a long time ago. Thankfully I can honestly say only 3/4 of my games were bought soley for gamerscore which isn't much out of my overall games played.

I never boost online achievements and if I can't earn it myself or the servers are closed then that's my tough shit which is why you see loads of games on my list which have nearly been maxed out bar a handful of achievements which would either require massive grinding or boosting online.

this made me lol

you didnt like any of the GTA games? i always thought rockstar did a good job of creating a interesting and fun game. red dead redemption was probably one of my favorite adventure / freeroam games. ive still been meaning to pick up LA Noire, but with all the new titles coming soon i will just have to wait.

1. Not enough JRPGs are getting ported to the US

2. The vast majority of FPSs are essentially the same game with small variations

3. DLC content within a month of a games release is a greedy, money grubbing scheme

4. I would rather wait an additional 2 months for a game to be polished, than play it on release with a ton of bugs.

5. I like the PS3 exclusive games more than Xbox

1. I hate how devs think to add a coop mode to games, yet make it XBL only, split screen

2. Shooters in general suck

3. Single player games are far better than multiplayer

4. JRPGs are better than WRPGs (though I do like both)

5. Kinect is awesome, motion controllers are fun

6. Online passes are not too bad

7. This "season Pass" stuff like Gears 3 is doing and Mortal Kombat did is a really good idea and a great deal

8. The worse dev/pub is not Activison. It is not EA. It is not Capcom. It is THQ

1. Not enough JRPGs are getting ported to the US

2. The vast majority of FPSs are essentially the same game with small variations

3. DLC content within a month of a games release is a greedy, money grubbing scheme

4. I would rather wait an additional 2 months for a game to be polished, than play it on release with a ton of bugs.

5. I like the PS3 exclusive games more than Xbox

4. I wait until the price has dropped and even then it's second hand.

1. GTA IV was boooooorrrrring, and sometimes unplayable. Almost every time I was in the middle of a mission Niko was getting harassing phone calls from friends and it got to be too much.

2. L.A. Noire was boring, repetitive, and nowhere near as amazing as people made it out to be. Huge letdown.

3. The Halo series doesn't deserve all the obsessive praise it receives.

These next 2 are is probably the most unpopular of all but here goes:

4. Call of Duty games are the same old shit every year. It's like playing Madden or NBA 2K games- they are releasing basically the same game over and over with just a few minor tweaks. It's pretty much $60 DLC.

5. If all you do is play COD or Halo over and over then you are not really as a "gamer" as you think you are. I know people who do not play anything other than Halo or COD and they talk about how they are "hardcore" gamers. Bullshit.