Soccer/Football on Champion

Eggnogga

Closest I've gotten was a 3-2 loss. Certain things that upset me: When I get the ball to take a shot, I step back to wind up a good rip at the ball, and before I kick... he just chips it straight to the GK. Ugh.

If the Computer gets a corner. Goodnight. They score everytime. Maybe one day I'll just get lucky and beat them.... but i've tried about 10 times now and can't get it.

p.s. I did manage to save 100 in the mini-game. Happy about that. Getting 80 targets though.. pssh... I think I mustered 40, thats been my best. Tips on either thing?

I got 77 first time then 89 the second!tip: aim slightly left or right of the keeper to make them dive, then hit the nearest target to them then the next nearest etc. I only used 1 foot and found this the easiest mini game acievement to get. So far I'm on 525g looks like an impossible 1k though!

did mine on 2 player on champion, did lose the 1st game 5-1, won 2nd game 3-1. i did pull of some fantastic saves, there goal came from my friend being the gk that time. I think the game is slightly slower in 2player champion mode, so an extra second 2 set up for that block or gk save.

lol got to 91 on super saver was well pissed, my next best is 82.

Super saves was well annoying!! Got 97 on my 1st go then must have been 20 goes later I got 98!! Then you guessed it... after another few goes got 99!!! When I eventually did it I got 109,it seems to be a little easier when you only have 1 life left-it slows down, I purposely let in a goal on 93 to slow it down and just flukes a few more after I got to the 100 mark. This was a very frustrating achievement!

As for the football on champion, the best I've done is a 4-4 draw(they scored in added time). All the champion achievements will take some time to get!!!!

Champion soccer and champion bowling are the only ones I have. Soccer is actually easy, you need to anticipate where they will kick the ball, as you won't have time to save it if you dont, like real soccer. Usually in corners, I found that they always go for the short side. The hardest thing to do I found was scoring. You can't think, as soon as you have the ball, pass or shoot it in a direction as you won't have much time.

The best way to beat soccer on champion is to block the computer's passes. I win on champion every time and it is because the computer is lucky to even get one shot off because I block every pass. Just see which way the computer is going to pass it, stick your foot out and steal it. It's that simple.

reading these posts makes me angry, i try so hard and i cant win i cant even seem to block a pass by the time i see the black lane they are already passing the ball, ill just have to get faster i guess

You have to stick your foot out before the black lane appears. You need to anticipate the pass beforehand, just like in real soccer.

• 3 weeks later...
Does lighting in the room, or colour of socks help? Does it help the Kinect sensor pick up the feet better, i often move and not much happens

I play on a 140" projector screen in a completely black room and I haven't had any problems. Light should not be an issue for the kinect.

The best way to beat soccer on champion is to block the computer's passes. I win on champion every time and it is because the computer is lucky to even get one shot off because I block every pass. Just see which way the computer is going to pass it, stick your foot out and steal it. It's that simple.

thats the same thing i did ......i beat them 3-0

The key to scoring on football is the way you kick the ball. If you attempt to whack the ball really hard your shots will be crap. You need to use a short, sharp and fast kicking motion to generate power. There is no need whatsoever for any back swing in your kick, just a quick flick forwards works perfectly. Once you get this down you'll be amazed at how accurately you can blast the ball into the corners of the net.

The secret for me was goalkeeping. I'm crap at scoring, and I managed to win on my 4th attempt 1-0. I think in added time they had 2 penalties, 2 freekicks and about 4 corners!! Luckily I'm quite good in goal (have no idea why) as I got 101 the first time I tried the goalkeeping minigame.

If you can get a couple of early goals and you can get 100+ in the goalkeeping minigame you should be able to do it. Luck is also essential eg your team mates not giving away too many penalties or freekicks!!

its not too hard just understand the computer when a computer runs past you to the right thats normally where the pass goes if its a your goalie make yourself big and up your reflexes... when taking a shot it doesnt need to be a power kick just do what i did if your on the right kick lefty if your on the left kick righty if your in the middle try for a hard corner... gets them everytime... be fast to shoot because those compters do sllide tackle... when you start to win it seems as thought the computers on your teem slide tackle alot thus giving the computer chances to score you need to block them far back in there territory or else you will have to block free kicks.... my best was 7-2 on champion.... i got 7-0 on proffesional...'

i bealive kinect is heat sensitive so close the windows

Hate to brag but i got this yesterday and beat them first time 4-1 on champion.

A few Tips:

If you see them lining up a shot use your instincts and step left or right before they shoot, when i played they had 4 corners saved all of them doing this.

Make sure to step in front of the ball before the black line it's easy after you get the computers timings.

And lastly possession is key!