Wow, just discovered the joy...

...of "Team Defender". This mode is rarely if ever talked about or seemingly played. But I was bored the other day and started playing. My god this mode is a helluva rush. Does anyone on this board play this mode ever? Just curious. If you havent, seriously equip your favorite run and gun class and try it out!!:uzi:

Never played this mode one time. I will give it a try tonight. Kinda just grinding team death match right now to get my k/d to 1.0. Do you get alot of xp from this??

Not bad but ONLY if someone one your team is holding the Flag. (Double XP for every kill) Its great for just crazy VERY fast paced matches. From an XP standpoint, there are better modes out there TDM, Headquarters, etc. This is great to take a break from your normal modes.

Not bad but ONLY if someone one your team is holding the Flag. (Double XP for every kill) Its great for just crazy VERY fast paced matches. From an XP standpoint, there are better modes out there TDM, Headquarters, etc. This is great to take a break from your normal modes.

yes the double XP is nice, personally i found that headquarters will always be my fav :). i liked team defender when my team had the flag, but quickly you realise its just a camp fest.

really though, whichever team has the flag will sit in a building and stay there until they get overrun. thats the first thing i thought of when i played of match of this, "a campers dream." say one person on your team dies, he will respawn and run right back to said building. the team on offense ends up running into ambush after ambush, untill finally enough people die and they can grab the flag. 'halftime' - 'switching sides' lol

...of "Team Defender". This mode is rarely if ever talked about or seemingly played. But I was bored the other day and started playing. My god this mode is a helluva rush. Does anyone on this board play this mode ever? Just curious. If you havent, seriously equip your favorite run and gun class and try it out!!:uzi:

can you explain what the game type is?

I like Team Defender, it's my favourite Game Mode at the moment.

I have to say that I don't like the Respawns in this Mode, they are worse than ever. You respawn so ridiculously close to the action that sometimes you can't even move before you die again.

It would be great if Infinity Ward would double the length of each Team Defender Match (to 15,000 Points to Win) and make the Respawning a little better.

can you explain what the game type is?

Basically the match starts off like TDM but as soon as one person is killed a flag appears. When a person grabs that flag, its up to him and his team to defend it against the opposing team trying to get it back. Its extremely fast paced. You always know where the flag is becuase its displayed on your HUD, and you also know the entire enemy team is there defending it. The only downside to this game mode is tho, is that chances are you are either going to have a very high or very bad KDR. But if you're like me you really dont give a fk about that. LOL

You always know where the flag is becuase its displayed on your HUD, and you also know the entire enemy team is there defending it.

The one time I've played it was on Underground and the other team camped down below in that subway section. Terrible experience

Sounds like a good mode for getting noob tube kills.... just saying.

:rolleyes:

I used to play it. Then I took an arrow to the knee. But seriously, I started playing kill confirmed for a while, better for mass points, and then ground war for montage stuff. If I played for fun alone I would only play team defender.

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac334/Ice_Car/Arrowinthekneehorse.png

OT: I play Team Defender from time to time, but I rarely ever seem to win... I've never won a single game in it actually, to be honest. It's fun, but whoever has the flag first usually always wins... From what I've seen. As soon as they get the flag they always get into the campiest most bullshit position.

OT: I play Team Defender from time to time, but I rarely ever seem to win... I've never won a single game in it actually, to be honest. It's fun, but whoever has the flag first usually always wins... From what I've seen. As soon as they get the flag they always get into the campiest most bullshit position.

I just got a great idea for improving this game mode. Make the flag explode after a random time amount, kinda like that game mode in Halo. I can't recall the name of the game type. You grab a skull or Warthog and get points for holding it, but after a certain random amount of time, it explodes killing the person holding it and anyone (friendly and hostile) in the vicinity. That would prevent rampant camping. Then the flag would spawn in a neutral location and the battle for the flag would begin anew.

I just got a great idea for improving this game mode. Make the flag explode after a random time amount, kinda like that game mode in Halo. I can't recall the name of the game type. You grab a skull or Warthog and get points for holding it, but after a certain random amount of time, it explodes killing the person holding it and anyone (friendly and hostile) in the vicinity. That would prevent rampant camping. Then the flag would spawn in a neutral location and the battle for the flag would begin anew.

Lol that's not fair. They should just make it disappear

Actually, I played this mode before and I liked it. I like playing different modes but the server won't place me into most modes except Domination, Team Death Match, HCTDM and Ground War. I couldn't even play Kill Confirm most of the time!

And for the record, I prefer NOT to play Ground War because ppl are running around like chicken got their heads cut off, especially when the maps are so small now! And it is too noisy in one area that you cannot hear it right if my side is firing and enemies are shooting right behind me.

I did for a while.... until I realized how bad the spawns are... soo fucking bad.

Yeah there beyond retarded in this mode .playing this has beyond f up my k/d.not that I care about it...

I do not get why people complain about camping in this mode the game type kinda gives away what you have to do.ie DEFEND the flag..

Edited by syn201

I'll dip into this mode every once in a while. It can be very fun but can also be extremely maddening. Usually it's every guy from each team right on top of each other which can become ridiculous. You also can sometimes get the flag into an area where it's almost impossible to get to which makes it pretty lame.

The dying sucks, but it prevents everyone on your team from camping in one close area though. I think there's a variation in Halo where if you pass the skull over to another teammate, the timer resets. Hence, emphasizing real teamwork.

lol you wish to transfer team-based games from halo over to call of duty? that will be the day when call of duty players use teamwork.

also the warthog one where it blows up after time, is like the worst gamemode they ever tried. the only good thing halo reach did was mainstream grifball. even that wasnt good because they turned it into a KDR boosting fest.

lol you wish to transfer team-based games from halo over to call of duty? that will be the day when call of duty players use teamwork.

also the warthog one where it blows up after time, is like the worst gamemode they ever tried. the only good thing halo reach did was mainstream grifball. even that wasnt good because they turned it into a KDR boosting fest.

I'm definitely not praising Reach or those game modes. Just suggesting a way to prevent camping in Team Defender and to prevent the first team who grabs the flag from winning so often. (Imo, Halo 3 was the most fun in terms of multiplayer and custom games. Reach was just meh. Didn't play Halo games before H3 so can't comment on those.)