Marauder Shields

mmnbbv

is it a running joke as i beat him first time on insanity and would say i aim too well on him at all (or did i just get a little lucky)

I to did him with little no problem, first time he killed me because I wasnt expecting him, but second time around I pawned his husky ass.

is it a running joke as i beat him first time on insanity and would say i aim too well on him at all (or did i just get a little lucky)

or maybe the game has been out over two months and there are now a ton of tips and tricks to beating him the first time on insanity? Maybe the running joke started when many had no clue why one shot from him and you were done caused a lot of frustration? Or maybe you wanted to start a thread to brag? Congratulations?

I had trouble with him. I still suspect that weapon damage bonuses matter in this segment, because some people have reported killing him with as many shots to the body as he took in the face from me. It also makes sense, given that you can use powers on him if you have kinect. If they're still available that way, then the stuff involved in leveling up various abilities is still present.

I'm so stealing that for the Marauder Shields page I made on FB, yeah, the one with shields spelt wrong in the URL.

Don't make a page when you've just back from the pub at 1 am kids!

Those who love M.Shields are usually the ones who didn't like the ending(s). I've been thinking about writing a back story about him for those who like the ending(s) so they will also "never forget". That way love the end, hate the end, everybody will enjoy M.Shields!

Those who love M.Shields are usually the ones who didn't like the ending(s). I've been thinking about writing a back story about him for those who like the ending(s) so they will also "never forget". That way love the end, hate the end, everybody will enjoy M.Shields!

Must. Resist. Ending. Debate!

I just love how a completely nondescript, pointless enemy, has been raised up the way he has. It's hilarious.

They should do a Mass Effect novel focused on Marauder Shields much in the way they did with Kai Leng in the other novels. Perhaps a lone marauder that is somehow free of Reaper Indoctrination, but still on a personal mission to stop Commander Shepard at any cost. Could detail his trailing of Shepard through past exploits and could even make him responsible for setting up various events to occur throughout the games.

I must be the only one who struggled to get past him, to a point where i had to dashboard and load Youtube. All that gave me was a bunch of memorial videos that made me feel bad. In the end i shot him in the leg, he stumbled, and i unloaded a barrage of headshots

Believe me, you aren't alone. I dashboarded too, although I loaded again right away. Had read that there was a glitch that meant the sway to your aim got progressively worse through successive retries. Still died more times on him than at any other point in the game. Even KL only took me two tries.

I think I got lucky on my 3rd play through. lol I was doing a 2nd insanity run on Infiltrator and got to him, and for some reason he couldn't hit me at all. I think I was damage absorbing or something cause he was definitely shooting, and it took me more than a few hits to kill him (my aim with a gun is not the best and with the added swaying forget it lol).

My fiance' had the same thing happen on his first play through.

Believe me, you aren't alone. I dashboarded too, although I loaded again right away. Had read that there was a glitch that meant the sway to your aim got progressively worse through successive retries. Still died more times on him than at any other point in the game. Even KL only took me two tries.

hahaha. i don't even want to try to remember how many times i had to retry this part. suffice to say, the rage was off the charts, and that stupid cut-scene was forever burned into my memory. it certainly felt like that glitch was in effect. maybe it wasn't a glitch, and was programmed in by bioware to torment a few unlucky souls? :p.