IGN Reveals Iron Man Suit Upgrade System

Shaynringan

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/863/863849p1.html

This game is going to rock so much!

In looking through Iron Man's long history, we pulled out what we thought were the main elements of his iconic suit – the elements that players would be able to individually upgrade over the course of the game. We blended these core ideas with our knowledge of the new, reinvented Iron Man (from the movie) and came up with the following key systems.

This is straight from the game director, Jeffrey Tseng.

As you progress through the game, the money you earn by completing missions can be used to upgrade the key systems of your suit. The better you do in the missions, the more money you have to spend. One of the areas that we considered carefully was how the purchasing of upgrades would work. We didn't want the player to be tied down in one configuration, so we decided unlock upgrades in sections. Once a section has been upgraded, a variety of parts for that section are available. For instance once you have upgraded the repulsor section, you can use any of the second-level repulsor systems – of which there are several. Choosing the right parts for the suit becomes an important strategic element to consider at the beginning of each mission and you are always free to change suit configurations so that you aren't tied down with a configuration that you will later regret.

Read the full article and see some wicked screens of the upgrade menu and the different components! Wheeeeee!

Hi guys

I'm new to the site when I first heard about the movie and the game I knew we were in for a treat and the movie and game trailers have only helped me want this game and movie more.

I love the that we're going to get un-lockable Armour Suites and I was wondering will we be able to upgrade those armour's as well as the suite we use in the game or is it going to be like Ace Combat 6 where the Suites have there own special use say like Mark II Armour for Air Combat or Mark I Armour is for Ground Assault?.

I Hope it's not I'd love to modify the other suites + I hope they think about making Armour Saves area that's like the Call Of Duty 4 Weapon's Saves. So like you can create a Hulkbuster Armour for Ground Assault and then another version of the same Suite for Air Combat and keep the saved in a Moded Armour area so you can pull them out and not need to keep modifying them all the time.

Take care I hope I made an interesting debate for you all and please reply and tell we what think or would like these are my ideas.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/863/863849p1.html

This game is going to rock so much!

This is straight from the game director, Jeffrey Tseng.

Read the full article and see some wicked screens of the upgrade menu and the different components! Wheeeeee!

Spiderman3

Transformers

Iron Man

3 Movie games...3 bad video games

Hi guys

I'm new to the site when I first heard about the movie and the game I knew we were in for a treat and the movie and game trailers have only helped me want this game and movie more.

I love the that we're going to get un-lockable Armour Suites and I was wondering will we be able to upgrade those armour's as well as the suite we use in the game or is it going to be like Ace Combat 6 where the Suites have there own special use say like Mark II Armour for Air Combat or Mark I Armour is for Ground Assault?.

I Hope it's not I'd love to modify the other suites + I hope they think about making Armour Saves area that's like the Call Of Duty 4 Weapon's Saves. So like you can create a Hulkbuster Armour for Ground Assault and then another version of the same Suite for Air Combat and keep the saved in a Moded Armour area so you can pull them out and not need to keep modifying them all the time.

Take care I hope I made an interesting debate for you all and please reply and tell we what think or would like these are my ideas.

Hi, welcome to both of you. :)

Having armor saves like in CoD4 would be very intuitive and I hope it is in fact a system they implement. I would very much like to do what you say and switch between Hulkbuster playstyle armor and another more agile suit. It will be exciting to see what they end up with!