Co-op Achievements

I picked this game up cheap and just started workig through it. A friend and I want to co-op this but I am not sure I am doing this correctly (directions not as clear as GOW). I am assuming we do this in the multi-player campaign, private match. Is this correct? I have to do a bunch of missions and find out it will not count for the co-op achievements. Thanks for any help.

You need to do the mini missions for chapter one, I don't remember exactly which options you need to pick but it sounds like you are on the right tracks with coop campaign in a private room. I think to get the achievements you need to do all objectives in the mission, so be aware of that incase the achievement doesn't pop up at the end. Good luck =)

I picked this game up cheap and just started workig through it. A friend and I want to co-op this but I am not sure I am doing this correctly (directions not as clear as GOW). I am assuming we do this in the multi-player campaign, private match. Is this correct? I have to do a bunch of missions and find out it will not count for the co-op achievements. Thanks for any help.

If you're referring to the story mode, then no, it is only for single player.

As for the co-op missions, then yes, you can invite your friend to a private game.