syndicate said to be really hard

skiscaraudio

http://www.gamefront.com/starbreeze-on-syndicate-theres-no-easy-difficulty/

. “We’re in constant fear we made it too hard.” Well, you know what they say: to ask the question is to know the answer. If the developers think it might be too hard, expect amazing difficulty to ensue. Better make sure you have a party organized when this thing drops on February 24th.

Edited by skiscaraudio

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft. They can call it hard but we all know the gamers are always better players than reviewers and even the developers.

From the article:

We can complete three stars in the office when QA play. But in two days there will be players that are better than I am at this game. That’s for them, the ones who want that really tough experience.

It is dumb however that there's no Easy setting for the casual player, which every game should have.

And anyway, the demo was tough when first starting out but once you are fully upgraded it will probably be a different story. I never believe any articles about gameplay good or bad until I've played it for myself.

If it does turn out to be as difficult as they say, then big whoop. If it's too difficult then the developers will have to do something, tweaks, etc.

In short, I'm sure they've greatly overestimated the difficulty given you are in a party of four players, all fully upgraded.

Now SP is a different story, and this article seems to be speaking only about the CO-OP.

Edited by Nevander

http://www.gamefront.com/starbreeze-on-syndicate-theres-no-easy-difficulty/

. “We’re in constant fear we made it too hard.” Well, you know what they say: to ask the question is to know the answer. If the developers think it might be too hard, expect amazing difficulty to ensue. Better make sure you have a party organized when this thing drops on February 24th.

If this is the Dark Souls of FPS, good. I don't mind a little challenge.

Ya I dont mind a little challenge either, but when things are too difficult it starts becoming less enjoyable and just frustrating. Huge Ninja Gaiden fan, but after I beat the second one on the first two difficulties for the challenge. I sent it to gamestop becuase the fact it was too difficult to relax and enjoy, therefore had no replay value.

I dont mind challenges at all, but putting a difficulty for the casual gamer is always a plus, and will always increase play hours.

After playing the demo for quite a few hours, my brother and I are able to breeze through that mission on hard pretty easily. I am hoping for an even harder difficulty than hard, really looking fwd to what kind of DLC this game might get.

Fear not: expert mode is in the game for co-op! I imagine things will get super rough compared to "hard" mode. It was bad enough when like 6 sergeants rush you with Mjolnirs.

I knew it. Not as hard as they made it out to be.

I just did the whole demo level on Hard completely SOLO without dying once with a level 9 agent (leveling up to 10 in the process).

I'm sure the absolute hardest will still be challenging but I know they overestimated it. They're trying to scare people or something haha.

I knew it. Not as hard as they made it out to be.

I just did the whole demo level on Hard completely SOLO without dying once with a level 9 agent (leveling up to 10 in the process).

I'm sure the absolute hardest will still be challenging but I know they overestimated it. They're trying to scare people or something haha.

Yeah, I did it solo mid-level with the sniper rifle without dying. It's not that hard, but I'm wondering how "hard" the demo mission is. It was pretty easy, after a run through, but most things are if you know what to expect. Expert mode will probably turn up the cheese level for the enemies you encounter. Maybe multiple liquids at the same time? I don't think the previewed Left 4 Dead crescendo-styled parts will be easily soloable.

Guess we'll see in two weeks.

What I'm seriously not hoping for is TIMED missions or missions where you don't have control over an element in the mission (like time limit or someone can die easily or something you have to protect, etc.).

These types of missions are not my strong-suit.

strange you said that as the game demo does have a "timed" feel to it...strange, it seems like a great game tho

btw amazon gives you a $20 credit so it's $39 and thats a day one buy for me!

Hard is always welcome :)

http://www.impactlab.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

OT:

I bet like others have said, they're underestimating the gaming community as a whole, but at the same time I think they're probably saying not that it's too hard for people to beat, but that it's too hard to sell a lot of copies. Which very well may be true if they don't put an easy difficulty in there (thought that was odd).

What I'm seriously not hoping for is TIMED missions or missions where you don't have control over an element in the mission (like time limit or someone can die easily or something you have to protect, etc.).

These types of missions are not my strong-suit.

I'm not sure. They said there would be many types of missions. I'm assuming at one point, a timed objective might rear it's head. Not impossible, but I don't think it will be super common.

I bet like others have said, they're underestimating the gaming community as a whole, but at the same time I think they're probably saying not that it's too hard for people to beat, but that it's too hard to sell a lot of copies. Which very well may be true if they don't put an easy difficulty in there (thought that was odd).

Well, here's the thing: it's a term that gets thrown around. The demo is easy for many, but I've found it's hard for many as well. Many of the posters here, let's be fair, are pretty good at games. The gaming community isn't super awesome at games as a whole; check out the Kingdoms of Amalur forum, where it's about 50/50 on "hard mode" being "too hard" where players are dying to rats on this mode. I've been watching IDiivil play, and it doesn't look too hard, but there are cheap moments (like boss fights). This is an RPG game, and people are trying to glitch the game out at the end to get the hard achievement because it's too difficult for them.

I think it's a modest projection for an FPS games, as it attracts many players. I remember my brothers breezing through MW2's special op's mode on veteran, despite it being "hard". I think Syndicate probably will be harder than that, probably comparable to some difficulty levels of Left 4 Dead, without the random elements of course. These will be less difficult with a good team and experience with/knowledge of what's ahead. I'm not sure if an "easy" mode would fix selling the game, though. No one will want to play in easy lobbies, earning 1/2 the experience of normal mode.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried playing the Co-Op demo solo multiple times and it was EXTREMELY hard, in my opinion. However, when I, actually, played it with other players....then it was easier and seemed more fun. I think the reason it is so hard is....that it is meant to be played with other players than by yourself (or with one other player).

I'm just wondering how difficult the Single Player mode will be seeing that Co-Op on solo is very hard.

EDIT: Looks like my question has been answered. The Campaign mode has Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulty settings. I think that Co-Op has Normal, Hard, and Expert (wasn't available in the demo) settings, right?

Edited by Wurd77

it is better to err on the side of difficult.

the only games I disapprove of being difficult are the ones that are creepy... or scary.

resident evil, aliens vs predator, donkey kong.

or when they're difficult because they've been programmed crapily.

Every single time I have died in Mass Effect 2 is because my squadmates are derping... or because my character got stuck on something at the wrong time.