Official Bitching Thread

Gamer Relaps3

The online balancing is so bad and unfair at the moment that I'm about close to just simply giving up on multiplayer for a few months as it just isn't fun. 343 clearly haven't decided what specs guns should have and to be honest it's killing what has the potential to be obey of the best mp games this generation. How can I hit someone 4 times with a sniper in the upper areas and get killed by their pistol? How can I then proceed to getting one hit kod by the very same weapon later on? Roll on Tuesday when black ops 2 comes out no game is perfect day 1 that's a given but this game is disgraceful online

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Multi-Team!!

Where the fuck is my Multi-Team?

Multi-team has moved to Black Ops II. (Yea... rly.)

The more I play H4 MP the less I like it. To sum it up: 343 removed some features that belonged to the series, AND threw in a bunch of stuff from the modern shooters that I don't want in a Halo game.

Oh and the map design... ugh.

I noticed thru kill cams a lot of people's crosshairs arent directly aim at me but rather a mile to e left or right and yet its red and hitting me too.

Anyone noticed that? I also don't like how there is a lack of vibration when getting hit. Anyone with a needler can unload into you from behind and you wouldn't feel it only see your shield go down.

I noticed thru kill cams a lot of people's crosshairs arent directly aim at me but rather a mile to e left or right and yet its red and hitting me too.

Anyone noticed that? I also don't like how there is a lack of vibration when getting hit. Anyone with a needler can unload into you from behind and you wouldn't feel it only see your shield go down.

Thats becouse Halo 4 hasnt a real "Kill Cam" its just Emulates the movement of that player with a "Bot" like the replays in Halo 3.

I think the kill cam thing is due to lag or the fact that it only simulates what happened rather than an actual video recording. I noticed so many times in Flood where I would get killed by someone aiming a full 45 degrees away from me.

OT:

-Lack of SEVERAL gametypes that have become staples

-Forge mode. The maps suck, are too small, and have pre-built structures in them. I want a clear open area like Forge World or Foundry

-Control scheme. I always rolled with Boxer in Halo 3 and Reach's new controls through me off a little bit, but Halo 4's Boxer controls are ridiculous.

-Lack of campaign Theater mode

-Lack of Firefight

-Lack of customization options for Custom Games

-Jetpacks. For some reason they seem to suck this time around.

-Thruster Packs are useless unless you are a Flood.

-Lack of several weapons and vehicles.

-Lack of weapon variety. Oh boy, we literally have 4 semi-automatics that are functionally the same (the only difference is the BR is 3 round burst and the Carbine is weaker with a higher fire rate).

-No dual-wielding

-Lack of SEVERAL gametypes that have become staples

-Forge mode. The maps suck, are too small, and have pre-built structures in them. I want a clear open area like Forge World or Foundry

-Lack of campaign Theater mode

-Lack of Firefight

-Lack of customization options for Custom Games

Yes to all these. Flood mode's custom options blow compared to regular Infection, what were they thinking removing gun-zombies? Thats Duck Hunt, Around the World (Mongoose duck Hunt essentially), Smear the Pinky and many others GONE. As for the forge maps I agree again, to use the multiple visual schemes they had to split raw forging area over 3 separate maps. I thought Forge World was the best we've seen thus far, those areas were always a blast to toy with, now theres not really any space for those large scale maps.

I don't know if it's just me, but the campaign's difficulty on Legendary seems really wonky. There are only two situations that I ever seem to be in:

1. I have a DMR, BR or any other precision weapon with an ammo rack nearby and I can destroy every enemy with zero problems.

2. I used all my ammo on the bullet sponges that are knights and I only have automatic weapons so I may as well jump off this cliff since my odds of falling in a magical portal that takes me past this section are better than trying to fight without a precision weapon.

I get that Legendary is supposed to be hard, I just feel like this is the wrong kind of hard. Like Halo: Reach had a good supply of weapons around and there were tactics to taking out enemies. Halo 4 just feels like I'm pouring ammo into knights and then they teleport away and regen their shields.

Also, one-hit kill moves like a knight meleeing you or a banshee bombing you in a ghost are fucking stupid.

Other than that, great game.

I thought I'd found respite in the team slayer pro mode but no instead I find myself in a game full of challenge boosters in this case the assassins challenge. I though it was odd after 3 deaths in a row from assassinations with all my team mates surrounding me that the cunts were boosting then the best part was watching them stand there and getting the opposition do it in return for letting my team assassinate. I regret wasting £60 wholeheartedly on this game the one bit I bought it for has let me down so badly. Mw3 is better than this online and that's saying something! it will turn out to be an expensive dust collector

I thought I'd found respite in the team slayer pro mode but no instead I find myself in a game full of challenge boosters in this case the assassins challenge. I though it was odd after 3 deaths in a row from assassinations with all my team mates surrounding me that the cunts were boosting then the best part was watching them stand there and getting the opposition do it in return for letting my team assassinate. I regret wasting £60 wholeheartedly on this game the one bit I bought it for has let me down so badly. Mw3 is better than this online and that's saying something! it will turn out to be an expensive dust collector

It's such bullshit that people make decisions to boost. No other game has people boosting. Definitely not CoD. Too bad you can't leave the game with no penalty whatsoever.

343 sucks. Game of the FAIL.

It's such bullshit that people make decisions to boost. No other game has people boosting. Definitely not CoD. Too bad you can't leave the game with no penalty whatsoever.

343 sucks. Game of the FAIL.

:confused:

And what site are we posting on? It amazes me how many people bash other people for wanting things the easy way or accomplishing things by any means necessary (achievements and challenges) and yet they are on this site doing the very same thing.

Illogical hypocrisy if you ask me.

After skimming through this a couple days ago I finally fired up the Promethean Vison. Yeah, that's gotta go, it's horrible. I guess it seems like a decent idea to act as a counter to campers but seeing through walls changes the game completely and not for the better. Not to mention that it doesn't do much to counter the camping anyway, there's always a guy in a corner with a shotgun or on top of a building with a sniper-rifle.

Alright, I had go on about how the Promethean vision wasn't a big deal few posts back, I had used it for like 2 games and thought it wasn't all that good. Decided to try out out for most of today. It definitely has its perks and have found myself using it often and even made me come out on top a few times. Also I've had my fair share of deaths and raged a little because of it.

So after thinking about it, I'm still pretty neutral towards it, would I miss it if it went? No, would I still use it if it stayed? Yes.

I finally realised why people was so bitchy about it. I still isn't going to stop me playing anyway. I also don't see it being taken out so I guess you just gotta accept the fact that it's probably going to stay in MP.

P.S - I got real mad today because I was having a horrible game and this prick in camo kept sniping me.

Alright, I had go on about how the Promethean vision wasn't a big deal few posts back, I had used it for like 2 games and thought it wasn't all that good. Decided to try out out for most of today. It definitely has its perks and have found myself using it often and even made me come out on top a few times. Also I've had my fair share of deaths and raged a little because of it.

So after thinking about it, I'm still pretty neutral towards it, would I miss it if it went? No, would I still use it if it stayed? Yes.

I finally realised why people was so bitchy about it. I still isn't going to stop me playing anyway. I also don't see it being taken out so I guess you just gotta accept the fact that it's probably going to stay in MP.

P.S - I got real mad today because I was having a horrible game and this prick in camo kept sniping me.

I've had exactly the same day with this game as you. From Promethean vision down to the annoying sniper.

It's a bit annoying that everyone always chooses Ragnarok when it comes up in BTB. It's a fun map, but damn. I literally played Ragnarok FOUR times in a row yesterday. Also a small thing, but I wish the individual commendations had %'s. The categories do, but individual ones only have "4/5" and your progress towards that one.

Does anyone else's game lag horribly in campaign co-op even if they're the host? I tried helping a friend beat a level and the lag was horrible for us both (over a full second delay between pressing a button and performing an action). I tried hosting the game instead and his lag was gone, but I still retained the horrendous lag. I just played with 2 friends for the Bropocalypse achievement and they had no lag at all I had pretty bad lag as the host. When 7 or 8 of us (the same ones I played campaign with) play together in big team battle we don't experience that kind of lag!

Does anyone else's game lag horribly in campaign co-op even if they're the host?

It has been like this for me and my friend since Halo: Reach. Reach, CE: A, and now 4 are all like this. It's a lot better now since I had an upgrade to my internet, but still, host lags a little.

Also I just reached the daily xp cap in about 5 hours. Did have double XP on the whole time, but still... just wish the cap didn't exist at all. Makes me not want to use my double XP (guess I'll use it just a little at a time) and I didn't enjoy playing online as much the rest of the night. So close to SR30

Edited by Spock

Sorry for the long post, but the more I have played the less I like.

Below is a list of all my hates of this game and they are many. But basically, it all boils down to the fact they have not made this game any more difficult, they have just unbalanced it in favour of the AI.

They have made it seem artificially difficult by employing cheap tactics and stacking things against you in very unsubtle manner. Much like the COD WaW grenade fest.

I don't like weapons vanishing before my eyes. I have dropped that chain gun to pick up a better primary weapon... hang on, where has the chain gun gone? Oh right, it has despawned and repspawned back where it was originally taken from... great!

I don't like vehicles vanishing. I have exited the vehicle as you need me to push a button... but wait, where has my vehicle gone? Shit! I brought that wingless Ghost up here for a reason, furthermore, I purposely blew the wings off so it would fit through the door to this building. My clever lateral thinking undone by superior lateral thinking on the developers part. "I know, if the players get clever, we will just force depsawn weapons and vehicles."

I don't like that plasma pistols cannot hold a charge any more (well, all of about 5 seconds), yet I see covenant running around with theirs on perma charge.

I don't like that an overloaded plasma pistol has about 2 shots in it, but the covenant fire them continuously without issue.

All the enemies appear have ants in their pants. They never stop moving, just pacing back and forth like some half demented bear in a cage. The devil makes work of idle hands and all that!

I don't like that they seem to spam grenades at me, but I kill them and they aren't carrying any.

I don't like being sniped from across the map by a crawler with a suppressor, or being shot at distance by a Knight with a scattershot and taking half my shield with it, yet when I use these weapons their effective range is about 10 feet!

I don't like the amount of one shot kills that the enemy have at their disposal. Scattershot, Binary Rifles, Incineration cannons, phasing next to you and meleeing you down, rushing and meleeing. Perfect shots from across the map with grenades.

I don't like watching dumbass AI jumping into phantoms and flying into a wall where they are then stuck. It's great to kill them, but it is stupid.

Piloting phantoms has become almost impossible. Never mind that it is impossible to fire the missile and hit anything or rather score a kill against anything.

Grenades are as effective against AI as tennis balls.

The constant phasing / ducking in and out of cover of all enemies with shields means almost impossible to kill at range. That, or they jump in and out of cover when you are scoping them (it irks me watching an enemy constantly run left and right behind a pillar because somehow it know you are aiming at it.

The fact the enemies like the Knights have been designed (it seems to me at least) to take just in excess of a clip to kill. So you unload all you have, their shields are down, but wait... time to reload. Oh joy, they have now phased out and when I next find them, fully charged shields. Let's waste some more ammo on them!

I don't like that when using the light shield, your actual shield cannot recharge (as the hit on the shield is taken as a hit on you). STUPID! What the hell is the point of the light shield then AND why for the love of God can I not run with the shield (even walking pace would be nice)!

I am sure there are more which I will remember when playing.

Oh and a simple one. I don't like cut scenes showing the default weapon, when clearly I am not using that one. Show me with the weapon/s I am actually carrying.

Edited by Wortsenawl

Reclaimer on Legendary. Mammoth is stationary and I've been destroying ghosts and wraiths for over an hour. Destroy a ghost, a wraith appears. Destroy a wraith, 2 ghosts appears. The Covenant ship grab lift just will not appear to let me go into the ship. Not sure if it's glitched or not but grr.

Reclaimer on Legendary. Mammoth is stationary and I've been destroying ghosts and wraiths for over an hour. Destroy a ghost, a wraith appears. Destroy a wraith, 2 ghosts appears. The Covenant ship grab lift just will not appear to let me go into the ship. Not sure if it's glitched or not but grr.

Use the jetpack.

After skimming through this a couple days ago I finally fired up the Promethean Vison. Yeah, that's gotta go, it's horrible. I guess it seems like a decent idea to act as a counter to campers but seeing through walls changes the game completely and not for the better. Not to mention that it doesn't do much to counter the camping anyway, there's always a guy in a corner with a shotgun or on top of a building with a sniper-rifle.

I feel like this will be better countered when people start reaching level 50 and get those specializations like Wetwork... Wetwork specifically says it lessens your visablity on Prome Vis.

Boltshot needs to go. Now. Whoever came up with the great idea to have you spawn with a shotgun as your primary needs to get hanged.

Huh? You can spawn with a shottie as your primary? I can't.....

I tried hosting the game instead and his lag was gone, but I still retained the horrendous lag.

Yep for some reason Co-op Campaign and Spartan Ops lag horrible, no matter the host... War Games works just fine.