tkhbecker

Microtransactions?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Microtransactions?

• Yes, I was a day one buyer
    • Yes, As a future purchase.
    • Maybe, as a future purchase.
    • No.

As the title says Do you plan on spending money on microtransactions?

I ask this seeing as this is a F2P game and most Zen shop transactions are purely cosmetic.

On launch I noticed at the least 10 Dragonborn characters ($25 for the character unlock or $75 for the package) and 10 or more Drow Renegades ($60). Then theres everyone with custom mounts and/or companions running around.

Now there are some useful things you can buy that do effect (or is it affect?) gameplay. An example is the XP boosters that give you a XP pool of a limited number earned at 2x the normal xp rate. These range from under $5 to $50.

Another one is the Heirloom Kit which gives you blue tier equipment for main/off hand, Neck, Rings, Shirt and Pants every 5 levels starting at 5 and ending at 50, a Mercenary companion for every character on an account plus a one time Greater Bag of holding all for 2000 zen or $20

Edited by tkhbecker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see "donating" some cash if the game remains good and I consistently play it. If I get stuck at level 10 because I "need" to spend cash then I will just drop it..

On a different note i will actually be in Lumberton tonight for business :)

I will never spend cash on cosmetics, cause I think it's not really relevant how I look in game (especially with these graphics). But maybe in the future to buy more character slots or bags. I only played for 2-3 hours so it's hard for me to say if I will get hooked enough to spend some cash.

I liked the approach with Warframe (also F2P). When you start you get 50 credits of a premium currency which you normally have to buy. That's enough to buy 2 extra slots or some boosters so you can try and see with it will do if you buy more credits.

I dropped £7 or so ($10 I guess) on it already for that Hawk companion since I liked it in the beta and wanted it to level up faster so bought it when I could, I guess there will be better companions later but I still like my bird :p

outside of that I may drop a bit more on it, I dunno yet. I don't see me forking out £40-£80-ish for the Dragonborn/Drow renegade characters and will instead save up Astral diamonds and trade those in to get those (hopefully I get enough before I start my 2nd character so I can be a Dragonborn :) )

The best thing to do is buy some zen, then exchange that zen to astral diamonds and keep exchanging those two currencies always selling for more than you're buying thus making profit.

I did this a lot on the PC version and after you do it for a while you gain enough zen coins (basically for free) that you can open a lockbox and hope to get something expensive from it.

I got a lot of rare profession assets, high rank enchantments, wards and a Inferno Nightmare horse by doing that. But the lockboxes are named differently on the console version so the contents might be different as well. Haven't looked into them yet.

And I'll probably end up buying some zen at some point but as of now I'm not going to. As I already have spent about $200 on the PC version :p

But the lockboxes are named differently on the console version so the contents might be different as well.

They are different, but very similar items in terms of quality and item type.

And I'll probably end up buying some zen at some point but as of now I'm not going to. As I already have spent about $200 on the PC version :p

Holy. Shit. That's a ton of money for a F2P! I'll be spending no more than $10, and haven't spent a dime yet.

I've been trading currencies back and forth since I started getting ADs and have a good little pile of Zen built up, but am gonna keep using it to trade in bulk. The prices on the exchange right now have been pretty fucked (I assume because of people doing the same thing as me). Need to wait for stabilization now...

I have no problem spending a little bit of money on a game that I enjoy. Considering the base game is free so if you spend even $60 in game than its the same as if you bought it like most games. If you thoroughly enjoy it , why not.

I've spent $10so far to purchase keys for lock boxes. thinking of dropping enough to get some more bag space.

I have no problem spending a little bit of money on a game that I enjoy. Considering the base game is free so if you spend even $60 in game than its the same as if you bought it like most games. If you thoroughly enjoy it , why not.

I've spent $10so far to purchase keys for lock boxes. thinking of dropping enough to get some more bag space.

That's exactly my feelings on it. I'd definitely pay $60 for this game so spending that much to enhance it is a win win situation.

Sooooo... Its confirmed I have an addictive personality. I started off with just the Heirloom Pack (2000 zen), Then as I started to play I wanted to open the Lock Boxes so I acquired 30 Enchanted Keys (3375), a friend wanted a faster mount sand wanted Heavy Worgs (30000), I bought the 2 character slots with a coupon (640), when I hit lvl 60 I used my 50% coupon on a Stone of Health (???) and finally wanted to start a Great Weapons Fighter and the only race that looked "decent' IMO was the Dragonborn (7500).

Now something to know about me is I give myself an allowance for gaming of about $150 per month and seeing that Ive not acquired any games in the last few months and I dont see anything in the near future I will be playing Neverwinter straight for the next few months atleast.

IF you think a game cant keep a persons attention more that a few weeks or couple of months max. I played Defiance relegiously for over a year straight.