These Achievements.....ugg

ShadowAssault

Now I play the game heavily and I love it, probably my 2nd if not 1st favorite fighting game of all time. But I can't do online. Lag and rage quiters anger me with an ultimate passion. I switch the search to find games with good connection but I get like 4 games a day. I am currently level 35 or so I think 38, it has been 2 months since I have played. The challenges aren't too bad, I did all of Jin in one day straight though it took me about 2 hours. Man that was hard. My main, Ragna, took me 4 months. But that isnt my issue, the issue of achievements I have is not only online mode but Score attack. That is the most unrewarding, pain dealing, longest, soo angering piece of garbage that I have ever sat and played. It hurts me every time I look at that achievement and see it not done. I need help.

Any one want to give me some help on the lvl 50 ranked achievement, also any one wanna tell me how to be score attack without smashing my XBOX into like 90 pieces?

There are some easier ways to beat Score Attack mode. Look around on this forum and you'll most likely find some.

One of them involve picking Tager in beginner mode, but... hey after getting bodied 50 times with your main by inputs-reading-Hakumen, it does feel satisfying to troll the CP! ... If you can put up with the shame of picking beginner Tager that is :p

Also, the best tip for this: have a 2nd controller plugged in at all times.

If you see you're gonna lose a match, you can press start on the 2nd controller to pause your Score Attack run. You'll have a local Versus match, and then your Score Attack will resume on the same stage you were! Trust me this will save your xbox from the sad "smashing into 90 pieces" treatment.

For the lvl 50 ach... Well it is a long grind there is no way around it.

Though there are means to make it feel less painful, if you don't feel afraid of terms like "boosting" and so...

Once more I'll let you look through the forum cause I don't have time to explain extensively right now.

But know that you can gain LVL through player matches (if -like me- you're sick of ranked matches), though you rank up much slower.

However, as a last resort method: if you have a turbo controller and found a boosting partner with one too... You could let your xbox rank up in player matches on its own while you do something else :drunk

Edited by WilRonward

• 2 weeks later...
There are some easier ways to beat Score Attack mode. Look around on this forum and you'll most likely find some.

One of them involve picking Tager in beginner mode, but... hey after getting bodied 50 times with your main by inputs-reading-Hakumen, it does feel satisfying to troll the CP! ... If you can put up with the shame of picking beginner Tager that is :p

Also, the best tip for this: have a 2nd controller plugged in at all times.

If you see you're gonna lose a match, you can press start on the 2nd controller to pause your Score Attack run. You'll have a local Versus match, and then your Score Attack will resume on the same stage you were! Trust me this will save your xbox from the sad "smashing into 90 pieces" treatment.

For the lvl 50 ach... Well it is a long grind there is no way around it.

Though there are means to make it feel less painful, if you don't feel afraid of terms like "boosting" and so...

Once more I'll let you look through the forum cause I don't have time to explain extensively right now.

But know that you can gain LVL through player matches (if -like me- you're sick of ranked matches), though you rank up much slower.

However, as a last resort method: if you have a turbo controller and found a boosting partner with one too... You could let your xbox rank up in player matches on its own while you do something else :drunk

You took the words right out of my mouth, good stuff. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm rank 42 out of 50 and I seem to have hit a wall. It does not seem that there is anyone playing this game online right now. At least not in the 40-50 rank range.

Now is it really worth boosting if, say, I find someone who is rank 1 and they let me win. Wouldn't the points not be worth the time put in?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm rank 42 out of 50 and I seem to have hit a wall. It does not seem that there is anyone playing this game online right now. At least not in the 40-50 rank range.

Now is it really worth boosting if, say, I find someone who is rank 1 and they let me win. Wouldn't the points not be worth the time put in?

Well, you could boost them up to a similar range first, then go from there. Either way though, it'll take some time.

Usually when boosting, the higher level loses until the lower level catches up. Since you don't lose experience like you do in some games, it only hurts your win-loss percentages, which don't matter for achievements. The higher your level, the faster the lower level will go up. When you're both equal-or-so levels, then you can start switching off. Scratch my back, scratch yours.

• 4 weeks later...