When farming for 10,000 Lifeforce

Aggressiv

When you're farming for 10,000 Lifeforce, remember that it's accumulating all the Lifeforce you've EVER harvested. Meaning that you don't need 10,000 Lifeforce on you, and you will get the achievement before you actually do get 10,000 Lifeforce on you. I just got the achievement when about 6000 Lifeforce and I was pretty excited as killing beatles is flatly a CHORE.

By the way, a tip for farming beatles: You'll find yourself getting lazier and lazier and if you're doing it late like me, sleepier and sleepier. With an Arcanium weapon and armor, just move your Overlord into a mass of beatles you can take on and just tap A. You can take your thumb off the L-Thumbstick because your Overlord auto-hits enemies and turns to face them. Also, fight beatles in the zoomed-out camera angle. It makes picking of Lifeforce MUCH easier (tap R-Thumbstick to toggle camera angle).

I'm pretty stoked to get the achievement and just sharing the info. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have found it best to go into your Tower Dungeon and fight one of the Elemental Beetle types. They seem a bit weaker than the Regular Beetles.

I do have a quick question...

I have beaten all but 1 of the Tower Dungeon creatures...the stupid elven ghosts. I know HOW to beat them, but I cannot get them to show up. Since I have already beaten the game, is it too late to kill one so it shows up in my Dungeon? Am I going to have to start the game over for this bloody achievement?

Thanks in advance...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The achievement did not unlock for me until I had over 10,000 lifeforce, and I've played trough the game twice, but it might have just glitched on me. But I'm fairly sure you need to do it on the same character. Oh, and if you have raising hell, getting the lifeforce helmet helps a ton since it doubles all the lifeforce you collect.

• 3 weeks later...

i used a much easier way to farm than going back and forth a million times in the dungeon manually beating beetles...

when heavens peak is in ruins (i think it happens after the kahn fight) and you enter the city from your tower portal you see 3 white priests and 4-5 villagers... take out 15 green minnies and 5 blue and stick them to a spot a little away from the priests, like up against the city wall or anywhere else so the greens CANNOT attack the priests with their sneaky jump attack...

go bash a villager once (dont kill him), he will become mad at you and run to hit you... run back to your minions and the greens will auto-attack him... when he dies he drops a life force but THEN the priests will resurrect him, and right off the bat the greens attack again... presto, one more life force...

you can draw in more villagers so the greens have more targets... you can even get lucky and position the villagers on top of eachother... just stand on top of the villager corpse and you will auto-pickup the dropped life force... you can max draw in 3 villagers because the priests cant keep up the resurrection pace... and for max effect position somewhere on the stone stairs, so all three priests can help resurrecting (but like i said be careful the minions cant reach the priests!)... (the blues are just thrown in to keep any greens from dying... just a precaution, but they may not be necessary)

this way you can just leave and check periodically... sometimes the villagers die off and you have to warp back to the tower and back again to restart the process... i played through the game (having about 3000 or 4000 accumulated up to that point) so the last 6-7000 were bagged in a matter of a few hours...

much less tedious than the manual bashing :) watch tv while harvesting :-)

• 2 months later...

A good way that i found was if you wait till you kill the wiz the beetles there respawn on there own i just grabbed a bunch of browns wrapped my charge and play around the RT button so my minions would run up the hill kill the beetles bring the life force back down, went and watched like 3 movies came back had 9999 browns

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...