Get a damn grip

I'm desperately hoping somebody can give me some helpful advice on the damn Get a Grip achievement in the Jedi Temple. I've been trying to get this achievement on and off for literally YEARS and have no luck. I always read about people saying they got it on their 2nd try or 4th try, which is beyond me because I'm fairly good at this game otherwise, but cannot get this achievement. No matter how slow I go, the orb always seems to turn red even when it looks clearly like it's in the blue, and I can never make it past the disappearing line.

I've tried various things I've read online. I've tried taking it extremely slowly. I've tried going fairly quickly. I've tried using only one joystick. I've tried using both. I've turned own the camera sensitivity and setting grip mode to toggle. I've tried it from various camera angles, but there never seems to be any consistency there. And when it comes to the disappearing line, I've tried waiting for it to come back, and I've tried going ahead while it was disappeared. I've tried moving the orbs in tiny incremental movements so it looks exactly centered on the blue line at all times, and poof, it goes red anyway.

Can anyone give me any tips or tricks on this achievement that's been a thorn in my balls for the past nearly three years?