Weirdest thing you've eaten?

KFZ Scrubs

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being in Australia we've got some weird things. An assortment of the strange things that I've eaten are snake, lizard, crocodile, bogong moth and witchetty grubs.

Sorry, but the last two things you listed sound like they're ingredients for a potion from Harry Potter.

What are they though, they sound interesting.

beetroot soup, vegetables.....

I eat raw and bloody meat, marrow, cow tongue, crocodile, shark, calamari, octopus, dog (once), eel, scorpion... dunno lost count... these seem to be fine for me to be eating, but veggies is just yuck and weird.

Edited by InfamousVuk

Sorry, but the last two things you listed sound like they're ingredients for a potion from Harry Potter.

What are they though, they sound interesting.

[spoiler= moth and grub]

http://www.itsnature.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bogong-moth.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_l5rDtT9SAog/TOBzPMFWnlI/AAAAAAAAAaA/bqtasrHaP_w/s1600/witchetty-grub.jpg

Weirdest thing I've had would probably be dolphin. That or bear.

I'm Filipino

OMG I am too!!!!

Well, since filipinos eat lots of random and not american food, I have eaten alot of weird things. One weird thing I have eaten are chicken and pork feet, cow liver, fried fishballs, fried tofu, tofu, and rice cake/balls/puto

OMG I am too!!!!

Well, since filipinos eat lots of random and not american food, I have eaten alot of weird things. One weird thing I have eaten are chicken and pork feet, cow liver, fried fishballs, fried tofu, tofu, and rice cake/balls/puto

Yup, i eat some weird stuff when I go visit the Philippines... haven't eaten chicken or pork feet yet. Have you eaten chocolate pork yet? I laugh so hard when people visiting eat it and have no idea what it is, lol. It might gross some people out, but I think it's quite good.

Being in Australia we've got some weird things. An assortment of the strange things that I've eaten are snake, lizard, crocodile, bogong moth and witchetty grubs.

Ah yummmy witchetty grubs. Does that fall under the category of bush tucker? I remember going on some trips and eating grubs and cooking a shit load of damper.

I also eat kangaroo quite often, can't really tell the difference between it and other minces.

OMG I am too!!!!

Fish have balls??????

OT ive eaten fried mealworm and woodlice

We'll being Dutch some of the following meals may seem very normal to me but I don't really know what you think about them.

Sauerkraut you probably al know but we have also meals that consist of mashed cooked potatoes mixed with mashed vegetables (Sauerkraut, Carrots, apples even). They are called

I've also eaten a lot of Foreign dishes, been to America twice and I'm also well known with the Asian, Mediterranean (< grammar fail?), French and small parts of the Indian Kitchens. I've eaten Fried octopus rings, frog legs, all kinds of mushrooms, fish eyes (okay actually one and it was really bad), Grilled squids, all kinds of sushi, ginger (yes just ginger, not in a meal just a cup of ginger) and horseradish. That are some of the weirder things I can think about now.

There's a wild game restaurant not far from where I live that serves some unusual dishes. I ate there last Saturday and had a kangaroo steak which is really good. Other times I've ate there I've had ostrich, alligator tail, buffalo filet (the best steak you will ever have), shark, and a few other things I can't remember right now. I've also had sushi which is great when you find someone that can cook it right. The last time I was in New York City, my friends and I went to China Town to have real Chinese food, not Americanized Chinese food. That was interesting but I had no idea what some of the food was and ended up letting one of the ladies with us order which turned out to be a good idea.

Okay... so i just ate a chicken embryo... and that got me to thinking... what's the weirdest thing you've eaten?

I'm Filipino and it's something my people eat called balut.... so no... I didn't just look for a chicken egg so I can consume it's embryo just for fun.

I was going to mention this, as not something I ate, but something a close friend of mine ate, as his girlfriend is Filipino. It was the nastiest thing I've ever seen, and he said that you can feel like the little beak crack when you bite down.

I'm still the picky eater I was when I was a baby, so the craziest thing I've ever eaten is probably a fish stick with tartar sauce. :p

i have eaten an ink sack from an octapus ,grasshopper lolly pop , the worm at the end of the tequila bottle,fried baby squid , shark, alot of other things but those are probally at the top of my list for weird or atleast suprizingly good tasting

Strange how the two things that gross me out and I would never eat have already been mentioned: Balut Eggs and Grubs. Blegh! I can't imagine eating either of those, anything else though, I'm willing to try within reason (obviously not human flesh, and probably not Monkey either).

As for strange things I've already eaten... Not much springs to mind... I've had Squid (I've also had Oxtail soup, but that isn't strange to me as I have it often).