Extreme Solo

JohnnyBoosh

I found co-op much harder on extreme, I done it my first play though solo and got very stressed in extreme.. especially on the Deal level. But when I tried co-op yesterday with a m8 it was much harder.. but that's my opinion, just take it slow and use cover all the time. Good luck! :)

yah, i was under the impression it would be like k&l1 and u almost had to do it coop, not so with this one...you can even get kane to move ahead sometimes by jumping in his cover spot or running ahead and immediately running back.

i'm just gonna run thru on easy with me wife and pick up the misc chievs and co-ops (takes like 20 min a level)

while the deal took me an hour and a 1/2 and 20 retries

I think its a mixture. Level 1 I did solo and co-op lol. Level 2 first part is way easier solo but once you get into the undercover carpark I suspect a co-op buddy would help.

Problem is you can't split missions.

To cut a long story short I suspect I will do the whole game on solo extreme.

yeah i had this problem to, i did the last two levels on co-op extreme, but the rest of the campaign solo, so i didnt get the achievement for extreme, now im running through the last two levels damn they are hard, kane may have unlimited health and ammo but he never really does anything

for those who have done it on extreme in solo, can u give me some tips on the tower part where u use the MG in the chopper, im ok until the chopper u have to shoot down turns up, there's just no way of staying alive, i die instantly.

EDIT: done it now by watching a video of it, never realised u didn't have to shoot the chopper down within a time limit.

now finshed the extreme on solo, kane was useless.

Edited by jpg30

• 2 weeks later...

What I found works best for extreme mode, is not using cover, by this i mean pressing A to cover against a wall, I found that going into cover always means your taking bullet richocets most of the time and even when you pop up you get popped.

What I did was I'd stand behind the cover but not actually be in cover with the A button, aiming my weapon and adjust the camera angle then when someone's in your crosshairs kill them, and they dont even get a chance to hit you at all, as your abusing the camera angle and not leaving yourself open to be popped for the sixhundreth time.

obvisously the cover has to be tall cover and not boxes or crates that mean you have to crouch, then just be conservative with your ammo, and sqeeze of rounds on your enemies without being hit.

I've ran through most of the game using this way, without dying on most of the levels unless i've been careless of course, but this is definalty the way to make extreme alot easier.

Edited by BlackEyedAngel

I've got 4 left on extreme (The Deal, Out Of Shanghai Resurrection, and One Way Ticket). I am going to try and finish these tonight. I would say run through real quick on medium to get to know the levels, get the hang of the sloppy controls, and find good cover spots. The first half of the game on extreme isn't really that hard. Try your best to not pick up SMGs, they're terrible.

My biggest issue has been AI Kane doesn't do ANYTHING on extreme, in fact a few times I was convinced that he was playing against me as he walked in front of me right when I popped up from cover to shoot an enemy that I had lined up a head shot on, almost like he was trying to take a bullet for the guy. Drop-in/drop-out co-op would have been nice, or at least in single player if you could command him what to do. I found myself yelling at my TV "GET AWAY FROM ME, KANE" a lot of times haha