Can you play without Kinect?

Robot God

Unfortunately it will be 100% Kinect only. There was an interview on GamingNexus.com :

"Was Wreckateer always going to be a Kinect game? Will there be any controller support or is this a Kinect only experience?

Yes, always 100% Kinect from day one. One of our design tenets was “Everything in the game has to be more fun to do with the Kinect than it would be with a controller.” If that wasn’t true for any given feature/mechanic we pulled it from the game."

I would have purchased it if it supported a controller. Oh well more time to catch up on other games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
But microsoft wont do this bc they believe in kinect and dont understand it is a failure

Your definition of "failure" must be vastly different to ours.

Kinect has the Guinness World Record for being the "fastest selling consumer electronics device ever"

As of January 2012, 18 million Kinect devices have been sold. 8 million of those were sold within the first 60 days of launching.

Now, I can understand if you don't enjoy motion controlled gaming and you don't see what the fuss is about. And that is fine, you can have that opinion.

But to use that opinion to completely dismiss something as a failure, purely because you dislike it, is very silly indeed.

Personally, I love my Kinect. I'm by no means a "casual" gamer, nor a "family" gamer. I am 28 years old, I own the majority of systems, 82,000 gamerscore, been a member of Xbox Live since the beta back in 2002 on the original Xbox, I play mostly horror games and RPGs....

But you know what? Kinect is fun and very innovative.

So please, get the stick out of your butt :)

But microsoft wont do this bc they believe in kinect and dont understand it is a failure

The Xbox has been the #1 console in the U.S going on 2 years now......since the release of Kinect......while the Nintendo and Sony in the U.S are dying, posting massive losses, even in their gaming divisions.(Sony)

I am what you would call a "hardcore" gamer and yet I have a blast with my family and the Kinect. Some games have very sketchy controls, and MS has to be a better guardian of what is allowed to be released as finished products for the Kinect, but overall, the Kinect is a huge success financially and it has my whole family playing games of all types........not just me playing battlefield and Ghost Recon all day.

Edited by Sevendust94

• 3 weeks later...
Your definition of "failure" must be vastly different to ours.

Kinect has the Guinness World Record for being the "fastest selling consumer electronics device ever"

As of January 2012, 18 million Kinect devices have been sold. 8 million of those were sold within the first 60 days of launching.

Now, I can understand if you don't enjoy motion controlled gaming and you don't see what the fuss is about. And that is fine, you can have that opinion.

But to use that opinion to completely dismiss something as a failure, purely because you dislike it, is very silly indeed.

Personally, I love my Kinect. I'm by no means a "casual" gamer, nor a "family" gamer. I am 28 years old, I own the majority of systems, 82,000 gamerscore, been a member of Xbox Live since the beta back in 2002 on the original Xbox, I play mostly horror games and RPGs....

But you know what? Kinect is fun and very innovative.

So please, get the stick out of your butt :)

This man knows his stuff!