Did hudson..."*Spoiler*"

jamal2807

Hudson betrayed them to save himself. He had kids. Menendez would have let him live and just killed Woods but Hudson couldn't live with the guilt.

How did Hudson betray anybody? What I took from that scene was that Hudson didn't want to die because he had kids, but then decided he should do the right thing and not be selfish, thereby sacrificing himself so the Masons and Woods would live.

In the scene I watched Hudson yells "He said he was going to Kill David."

I'm assuming that Menendez told Hudson if he didn't do as he was told he was going to kill little David Mason.

Menendez already had David in his possession, so it would be hard for Hudson just to say "fuck you" and not do what was asked of him.

I agree with what the dude above me says though about Hudson choosing himself to be the one to die because he couldn't live with the guilt.

How did Hudson betray anybody? What I took from that scene was that Hudson didn't want to die because he had kids, but then decided he should do the right thing and not be selfish, thereby sacrificing himself so the Masons and Woods would live.

They were calling him a traitor and they explain it in some cutscene.

And this very scene is why I'm betting Ed Harris didn't reprise his role. Even being just an actor, he strikes me as the type that would never willingly agree to do a scene like this. Too bad... He was fantastic as Hudson in the first. Keaton sucked as Hudson. And this game just wasn't as good as it should have been without Harris in the role.

But, to stay on topic, Yes. Hudson betrayed Woods, and more importantly, Mason. Hell, when you do the alternate shot to his legs, Hudson yells

"Shoot him in the fucking head!".

If that isn't a stone cold betrayal, I don't know what is.

That entire scene disappointed me. Hudson just never struck me as the type of character capable of that. He was too close to Mason in the first game to just fuck him over like that in the second. So what if Menedez had David? Hudson was a "fucking ice cube". A stone cold, trained killer. But he was loyal as hell to Mason in Black Ops. I can't see him being so easy to manipulate in a situation like that. Bad writing. Terrible writing. For the sake of a half-baked plot twist.