Run & Gun vs. "camping"

i used to hate these cod games but the moment i realized that you could block EVERYONE except friends, I started having a blast without being critized and getting sh*t messages. I play domination, which I think is the best mode to get better. Since I have the public blocked they cant hear me, I cant hear them and I will never get hate msgs. I was able to get fairly good at COD games doing this. Since I only play usually between release day and about feb/march I only have the general public blocked for a few months. Then I unblock everyone and play other games. But seriously, give domination a try, you just might get better overall, playing that mode.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campers are pieces of shit who need to get a life. That other guy, okay I can respect that about poor eyesight, but if you're camping for k/d fuck you! As for the guy who stupidly said 10 kills may help more than the 50 kills, I highly doubt that. Usually those who camp get like 40+ kills in K/C, yet I am the one with 30 kills and 40 confirms whilst he is going with like 15 confirms because he moved from one camping spot to another. I am sorry there is no excuse for camping, anyone can do it and be good at it, the only difference is the boredom level that goes with camping.

Here lately I've been rushing a lot. I can't help myself, I rush to an objective, then rush to the next, and I keep circling around the map, trying to flip the spawns and keep control of the flags (I only play Domination).

I used to patrol a quarter of the map, hold down whatever flag was in that area, and take down anyone that came along. I suppose it was a form of camping, but I always moved around my area of the map and defended the objective. Problem was more and more people stopped playing the objective, instead they started farming for kills.

Thanks to this I had to start rushing and capping as much as I could, as I would have games where people wouldn't come near my area of the map, not for fear of being killed, but just not playing the objective.

It sucks too because I used to love patrolling and holding people back. Can't do that with BO2, no one gives a shit about the objective.

I'm a camper, but that's how I roll in COD. I don't really view it as a run and gun game like when I played Quake or Unreal back in the day.

My Classes are all:

Hardline

Scavenger

Engineer

Betty x1

EMP x2

AA or KAP 40 (If an indoor map).

With kill/scorestreaks in a game, you want to get the points ASAP, so I set up position at a choke point that most people use and waste them on the way through.

Add Bettys to your class to watch your six, plus EMP grenades for equipment/streak destroy points and an AA launcher, it can be a breeze earning points. On Plaza I use trophies to defend the rooftop.

Add the perk Scavenger and just keep topping up Primary and Secondary equipment and you're pretty much good to go.

When I play with my mates, two or three of us camp up watching choke points while the rest run and gun.

You'd be amazed how stupid people are, after repeatedly being killed over and over in the same place and then complain at the end how shit I am or how I have no skill etc, erm, you were the guy that couldn't kill a person sat in the same spot, with multiple paths in to get me and a load of equipment at your disposal.

When I eventually get RPG'd or killed then its back in to setup shop somewhere again.

Sometimes I'll kill a guy 3 or 4 times then I'll switch corners, so he'll come in guns blazing shooting me in the corner I was in and I'll just shoot him in the back from the other corner.

Why don't people set a class up called 'Anti Camper' or something? I have a Class set up in case the other team has Riot Shield players, called 'XD'. All explosives on that class to stop them.

After a week of a COD being launched, we all learned he maps and know the main choke points and hotspots for activity and just lock them down.

They key to doing well in COD is learning when the main areas are and to watch them like a hawk.

I paid for my game, I'll play it how I want.

Sure I get my arse kicked sometimes and I moan like a bitch, but you can't win 'em all.

Oh and always ADS when going around a corner in case of enemy contact.

I'm a camper, but that's how I roll in COD. I don't really view it as a run and gun game like when I played Quake or Unreal back in the day.

My Classes are all:

Hardline

Scavenger

Engineer

Betty x1

EMP x2

With kill/scorestreaks in a game, you want to get the points ASAP, so I set up position at a choke point that most people use and waste them on the way through.

Add Bettys to your class to watch your six, plus EMP grenades for equipment/streak destroy points and an AA launcher, it can be a breeze earning points. On Plaza I use trophies to defend the rooftop.

Add the perk Scavenger and just keep topping up Primary and Secondary equipment and you're pretty much good to go.

When I play with my mates, two or three of us camp up watching choke points while the rest run and gun.

You'd be amazed how stupid people are, after repeatedly being killed over and over in the same place and then complain at the end how shit I am or how I have no skill etc, erm, you were the guy that couldn't kill a person sat in the same spot, with multiple paths in to get me and a load of equipment at your disposal.

When I eventually get RPG'd or killed then its back in to setup shop somewhere again.

Sometimes I'll kill a guy 3 or 4 times then I'll switch corners, so he'll come in guns blazing shooting me in the corner I was in and I'll just shoot him in the back from the other corner.

Why don't people set a class up called 'Anti Camper' or something? I have a Class set up in case the other team has Riot Shield players, called 'XD'. All explosives on that class to stop them.

After a week of a COD being launched, we all learned he maps and know the main choke points and hotspots for activity and just lock them down.

They key to doing well in COD is learning when the main areas are and to watch them like a hawk.

Sure I get my arse kicked sometimes and I moan like a bitch, but you can't win 'em all.

You my friend are the reason I am done with call of duty, I was going to keep this fairly short but I am going to out right call you a little girl hiding away in your 'shop' as you put it.

Look at all that bullshit planning you do for a GAME, you say its stupid that people can't kill you even though you are in the same place, well some times its difficult when you have mother Treyarch providing you with all the tools to camp (Scavenger, trophy system, betties, etc). Look get a life, go outside, run around outside to make up for your lack of inactivity in a video game, just because I buy a sword doesn't mean I can go cut up whoever the fuck I want. My point is, just because I bought the game doesn't mean I can hack every game, its an unfair and pussy tactic right? Yeah same thing here.

Edit: I forgot to add to the bit about mother Treyarch, you are on that ladder bit at Plaza, you got God knows how many betties with your teammates, they can't throw explosives either cause of your trophy system and by that time you have killed them and scavenged more equipment. Oh my fucking God I hate this community and I hope COD burns to the ground!

Edited by beaste9

You my friend are the reason I am done with call of duty, I was going to keep this fairly short but I am going to out right call you a little girl hiding away in your 'shop' as you put it.

Look at all that bullshit planning you do for a GAME, you say its stupid that people can't kill you even though you are in the same place, well some times its difficult when you have mother Treyarch providing you with all the tools to camp (Scavenger, trophy system, betties, etc). Look get a life, go outside, run around outside to make up for your lack of inactivity in a video game, just because I buy a sword doesn't mean I can go cut up whoever the fuck I want. My point is, just because I bought the game doesn't mean I can hack every game, its an unfair and pussy tactic right? Yeah same thing here.

Edit: I forgot to add to the bit about mother Treyarch, you are on that ladder bit at Plaza, you got God knows how many betties with your teammates, they can't throw explosives either cause of your trophy system and by that time you have killed them and scavenged more equipment. Oh my fucking God I hate this community and I hope COD burns to the ground!

I have no idea who you are, or care for that matter, therefor I don't give a flying fornication what you think about me.

Cheers for the generic response of 'Go play outside'. I've heard better and less recycled insults in my 20+ years of gaming.

I have to ask because I've always wondered, how is sitting in the same general area for the length of the game fun for you?
Other people have asked me, I dunno, I suppose its the anticipation of waiting for the kill and then the subsequent game of cat and mouse that follows once your position is given away.

Now, Quake or Unreal, were talking run and gun. I used to be run and gun player in all FPS games until COD brought in streaks, then it became more about self preservation to get the streaks over running around looking for the kills, so I just let them come to me at a choke point and kill them.

My Classes are all:

Hardline

Scavenger

Engineer

Betty x1

EMP x2

That is fair enough.

I have to echo the question from earlier, how is "camping" any fun? What the in world would possess a person to shell out sixty bucks to sit in the same room of a map just to get a few kills? This has always bothered me, well, not bothered like I lose sleep, I guess it's baffled me more then anything. I can't understand why you'd wanna sit in the same spot, rinse and repeat for the whole game.

I get defending a point, that makes sense, but outright camping to me is plain boring. I try to camp, I honestly do, but after thirty or forty seconds I'm thinking, "I can help my team out more by moving around and getting kills and capturing and defending".

And like I mentioned, how do you justify paying sixty bucks to camp?

That is fair enough.

I have to echo the question from earlier, how is "camping" any fun? What the in world would possess a person to shell out sixty bucks to sit in the same room of a map just to get a few kills? This has always bothered me, well, not bothered like I lose sleep, I guess it's baffled me more then anything. I can't understand why you'd wanna sit in the same spot, rinse and repeat for the whole game.

I get defending a point, that makes sense, but outright camping to me is plain boring. I try to camp, I honestly do, but after thirty or forty seconds I'm thinking, "I can help my team out more by moving around and getting kills and capturing and defending".

And like I mentioned, how do you justify paying sixty bucks to camp?

As I posted above bud:

Other people have asked me, I dunno, I suppose its the anticipation of waiting for the kill and then the subsequent game of cat and mouse that follows once your position is given away.

Now, Quake or Unreal, were talking run and gun. I used to be run and gun player in all FPS games until COD brought in streaks, then it became more about self preservation to get the streaks over running around looking for the kills, so I just let them come to me at a choke point and kill them.

As I posted above bud:

Anticipation of waiting for the kill? And you say you've played 20+ years? Do you feel special when you get those kill streaks? Treyarch/Activision, what the hell have you done to gaming? We have 20+ year old gamers camping for kill streaks for the thrill of cat and mouse gameplay. Believe me I would call you a lot worse than this if there wasn't over sensitive reporting in these forums :)

Anticipation of waiting for the kill? And you say you've played 20+ years? Do you feel special when you get those kill streaks? Treyarch/Activision, what the hell have you done to gaming? We have 20+ year old gamers camping for kill streaks for the thrill of cat and mouse gameplay. Believe me I would call you a lot worse than this if there wasn't over sensitive reporting in these forums :)
You can say what you want, I don't care, your the one who has a problem with the game and people who camp. If verbally bashing people makes you feel better, go right ahead.

I don't like Quickscopers and find them highly annoying, but I don't go around sending them messages or attack them on forums, if that's their style, then its their choice.

Maybe you should respect how people want to play the game.

You can say what you want, I don't care, your the one who has a problem with the game and people who camp. If verbally bashing people makes you feel better, go right ahead.

I don't like Quickscopers and find them highly annoying, but I don't go around sending them messages or attack them on forums, if that's their style, then its their choice.

Maybe you should respect how people want to play the game.

Oh, thank you,by your permission I shall continue to 'verbally bash' people. Whilst we're at it, quickscopers raise the same level of hate and if there was a thread for them I would 'bash' them too :). Lastly, I cannot respect players who shoot me from behind with target finders.

some of the responses in this thread are the reason I do not play this anymore. Why do some people feel the need to act like a bag of douches?

You want to camp? Great!....you Run and Gun like a Boss?...fantastic! Why do you feel the need to attack someone that plays differently then you? Why be so vocal about it? Just be mad...dashboard and find another lobby.

Calling people names because they camp, only shows how immature you are.

Edited by Carmona

some of the responses in this thread are the reason I do not play this anymore. Why do some people feel the need to act like a bag of douches?

You want to camp? Great!....you Run and Gun like a Boss?...fantastic! Why do you feel the need to attack someone that plays differently then you? Why be so vocal about it? Just be mad...dashboard and find another lobby.

Calling people names because they camp, only shows how immature you are.

Thank you almighty wise one, I never would have came to the idea that I was immature without your wonderful enlightened post. *Bows down*

As I posted above bud:

I'm just accepting that I'll never understand the desire to camp. I understand playing the way you wanna play, but sixty bucks just to sit in one area the whole game? Seems like a waste of money.

Thank you almighty wise one, I never would have came to the idea that I was immature without your wonderful enlightened post. *Bows down*

My post was't to enlightened you....it was only point out how much of a dick you are. What are the odds of you running into anyone of the people on here who camp? So why hate on them? Go online and scream in a lobby.

I'm just accepting that I'll never understand the desire to camp. I understand playing the way you wanna play, but sixty bucks just to sit in one area the whole game? Seems like a waste of money.
It may seem like that because your style of play is obviously different to mine bud, but I definatly get my monies worth, from my point of view. I always buy all the map packs too for every game in the series so it is a game I invest a fair amount of time in when I have some free time.

My post was't to enlightened you....it was only point out how much of a dick you are. What are the odds of you running into anyone of the people on here who camp? So why hate on them? Go online and scream in a lobby.

Well thank you for pointing that out your royalty. And the odds.....there is an average of 500,000 players on...I am 1 person.....you do the math cause I hate maths but it is probably quite low.

It may seem like that because your style of play is obviously different to mine bud, but I definatly get my monies worth, from my point of view. I always buy all the map packs too for every game in the series so it is a game I invest a fair amount of time in when I have some free time.

You sit there and remain idle for like 8-10 minutes. You are a typical COD drone.

You sit there and remain idle for like 8-10 minutes. You are a typical COD drone.
No, I move every 3 or 4 kills.

If you don't like or play COD, why are you here again? I can't believe were still feeding the typical COD troll.

Edited by Stormy2k