$765 Beer Comes Bottled in Taxidermied Squirrels

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/100723-brewdog-beer-hmed-140a.grid-6x2.jpg

..And Stoats, and a Hare.

According to Scottish firm BrewDog, "The End of History" is the "strongest, most expensive and most shocking beer in the world."

Just 12 bottles were made and the company has already sold out. They will be shipped out to buyers in the United States, Canada, Italy, Denmark, Scotland and England next week.

The dead animals which were used to create the beers' unusual appearance were four squirrels, seven weasels and a hare. All were roadkill, James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog, told msnbc.com.

The name of the blond Belgian ale is taken from the title of a book by philosopher Francis Fukuyama, "The End of History and the Last Man" which the company said had been chosen to imply "this is to beer what democracy is to history."

Watt said the beer should be treated with care when drinking.

"It tastes more like a whisky and you have got to handle it in that way as opposed to the way you would handle a normal beer," he told msnbc.com.

Source.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvutuOGEWV4&feature=related]YouTube- The End of History[/ame]

I can't say I'm super sad they've already sold out because drinking beer out of road kill seems like a last resort, and potentially deadly. Though, it probably would've tasted great.. PETA's gonna have a.. Cow. Hah.. Hahahaha!

So what do you folks think about this?

Edited by BarbaricGoose

Haha that video is pretty funny! "I'm going to hit him with my massive sausage" =P

Still, i don't think i'd want to drink out of a dead animal to be honest.....

that is really messed up.. would never drink anything out of an animal

Obviously the animals have been made to fit around the bottle. Your not actually going to drink out of the animal itself, theres a bottle inside there furry fuckers :p

Anyways i would buy one if i had the money. 50% Beer is madness. I bet it tastes like a spirit.

Obviously the animals have been made to fit around the bottle. Your not actually going to drink out of the animal itself, theres a bottle inside there furry fuckers :p

Anyways i would buy one if i had the money. 50% Beer is madness. I bet it tastes like a spirit.

Good thinking, wouldn't be that hard to do either, deffinitely not worth that price. But i suppose its more of a novelty item as well, especially if you could refill it. Imagine the party tricks you could do if you filled it with cherry sourz or some other red substance. :D I'd buy it for that reason alone.

Edit: Not good thinking can clearly see bottle sticking out of the mouth. Good observation I should say. :)

Ey Bertha, day dun stole our idear...we'ben stuffin roadkill wit beer for YEARS, see ova yonda in the mountains lives our family...and it's been a passed down tradition for geeeeneration, after geeeeneration. SOMEONE sold the recipe...BERTHA, GETME MAH GUN...I'M A GITTERDONE!

Ey Bertha, day dun stole our idear...we'ben stuffin roadkill wit beer for YEARS, see ova yonda in the mountains lives our family...and it's been a passed down tradition for geeeeneration, after geeeeneration. SOMEONE sold the recipe...BERTHA, GETME MAH GUN...I'M A GITTERDONE!

...Say again?

I don't get it... I desperately want to understand it, but I just can't.

...Say again?

I don't get it... I desperately want to understand it, but I just can't.

Yeah, I understand where you're getting at...I hate rednecks as much as the next guy (ever listen to one? Hillbillies and rednecks tear at my ears...).

I'll translate: Roadkill is an often-cooked menu choice for hillbilly-folk (or at least, a stereotype...though I have heard of people eating squirrels as a delicacy and they're typically rednecks). To me, the whole idea of shoving a bottle of alcohol into a dead animal and then using that animal as pretty much...an expensive cup-holder is absurd BUT not uncommon for someone from the deep south to do.

Litterly speaking, the idea of sticking a bottle of beer inside of a dead animal sounds like something a hick would do, not the "upper class" that could afford (and actually want) to drink these beverages. I don't have morals, but if I was going to buy expensive alcohol, I'd buy it WITHOUT the squirrel-skin coating (thank you very much). Mainly because I don't want to have my hands on something like that...besides, what if it was commonly sold?

"Hey Hal, I'm going down to the store...want me to pick you up some beers?"

"Yeah man, get me some of those Squirrlie Beers while you're out. Oh, and a Bottle of Bear!"

"Man, that's basically a keg! Okay!"

Lol...already there was a topic about "Bottle of Bear"...now I wonder, if we start killing grizzlies...shall we put kegs (or drums!) of alcohol in them and stick a nozel in the mouth?

Yeah, I understand where you're getting at...I hate rednecks as much as the next guy (ever listen to one? Hillbillies and rednecks tear at my ears...).

I never said that. I don't even think I hinted at it. I've no problem with rednecks. I lived in a trailer park for about 3 years, so I guess you could say I was one. Good people.

Secondly, that was supposed to be redneck? That would be one of the last things I'd have guessed.

I never said that. I don't even think I hinted at it. I've no problem with rednecks. I lived in a trailer park for about 3 years, so I guess you could say I was one. Good people.

Secondly, that was supposed to be redneck? That would be one of the last things I'd have guessed.

Then Hillbilly, stereotypical imbecile...whatever you prefer. Hick, mountain-dweller...and not all rednecks are good people, specifically the ones here in Kentucky. I won't go into detail about this...since, well...this is about "Squirrel Beers" not...rednecks or hicks.