Thoughts on the DLC

Alktrio3

Yeah, ditto, there's more value here than in most DLC. I appreciated the long length and interesting tweaks to the gameplay. I'm not a HUGE fan of Pigsy and I thought the story here was pretty weak, but I'm embarrassed to say that the ending provided a satisfying and emotional, albeit none-too-subtle, payoff. Overall, it's very stylistic, polished, and like the original game feels very well exucuted. Thumbs up for me, and IMO a no-brainer buy if you liked the original.

does it have anything to do with the story? how is the actual gameplay?

It's actually fairly different than the original. Without giving away too much, platforming has been replaced by Pigsy's Harpoon-type thing that you probably remember from the original game. Combat concentrates more on long range, similar to Monkey's staff. The real fun lies in the way the game forces you to experiment with different combinations of "equipment" that make some of the tougher battles feel almost like puzzle-solving. This may sound weird and unappealing but it's actually done extremely well and makes combat feel more complex than the original, which at times I felt was little too simplistic. The collectibles, like the original, are ho-hum.

• 1 month later...

Pigsy was a bit of an ass in the main game, but then, he was meant to be considering the source material Enslaved is made from.

He had a certain comedy value during the main storyline, but I never thought much of him. He went up in my estimations in Perfect 10 though, as you see more to his character and it essentially explains why he is being a jerk towards Monkey and lecherous towards Trip.

Comedic relief... he was useless. He took a game that, for me, had a matchless story and made the cutscenes painfully awkward and obnoxious. He even made parts of the plot predictable. I have enough moral inhibitions in playing anything rated lower than M, so Enslaved was a stretch, but Pigsy made it feel like I was playing some E10 garbage.

That is the whole point of his character though :) His character in the ancient Chinese story and later the 70's TV show that Pigsy is based on is meant to bring that element to each scene that he is in.

He is also a betrayer in the original material, which is why they were setting him up throughout the majority of the story to ultimately shoot you in the back.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i just got all 1000 from the normal game and got this. havent beaten it yet but its a lot of fun. its cool to see how pigsy moves around it takes some time getting use to not being able to take a lot of bullets like monkey but its cool. So anyone thinking about getting it i would say do plus that might mean NT will add more to the game or something.

Thanks for this thread, I was content with getting the 1000, (which im only 2 easy achievements away, and will probably finish in the next half hour), I really didn't care for Pigsy, but without him thrown in, the game would have probably been a little flat on character. For better or worse, his presence in the story was a nessessary one IMHO. 10 bucks for a bit more insight to his character, 250 points and a couple more hours of gameplay from a fantastic game seems like a must.

This gem really is on the top 10 list of amazing games that got swept under the rug. I hope that doesn't stop them from adding to it. I would love more.

• 3 weeks later...

My 2 cents for anybody who reads this in the future...

My feelings were that the gameplay in the DLC is stronger than in the original game. While the original focused mostly on button mashing/type combat, this one focuses more on stealth and thinking to get through things..more puzzle like...which I enjoyed.

The story here was a bit weaker, but satisfying in the end...and as others said, it certainly helps give insight into the pigsy character and why he behaved the way he did in the main game (to a degree).

Like him or not, I think the character is brilliant and well executed.

I rented the original game, and felt bad that such a good game did not sell well..and I didn't help contribute..so I felt justified paying $10 for the DLC. Unlike other DLC i have played, this one really did feel almost like a standalone game that was completely unlike the original game.

I'm liking it, it's longer than most DLC in a lot of games with a great story and sense of humour to boot. The game play is solid. I just keep forgetting to press :ybut: when mechs get too close.

Haven't finished the whole thing yet, but so far I'm liking it. It's a good chunk of play time. Every time I think I've finished it and reached the end, something else interesting happens and it keeps going.

You really do have to use your noggin to get through some areas as it only takes 1-2 hits from a mech to kill Pigsy. You can get pretty creative using the equipment Truffles gives you.

I'll get more mileage out of the 800 points for Pigsy then the 1200 for COD's Escalation map pack, ugh, that new zombie map is awful. I bought them both at the same time, thinking I should have gotten Pigsy and a 6 pack instead.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked it a lot, just finished it. As far as DLCs go, this one is the most value for your money that I've ever bought. Most DLC is too short or just contains extra maps. I'm not a big fan of the Pigsy character and he can't carry a game on his own, but the mechanics, buildup and length of this DLC is just perfect.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

One of the best DLC releases out there. What makes this so great is that it puts Pigsy, a supporting character in Enslaved, in the spotlight and let's him to be the star. This DLC really expands the Enslaved universe and the story offers like 4-6 hours of gaming, which is quite long for a DLC. Combat system works fine, the story is interesting and Pigsy is a funny character that should have a game of his own! I give it easily 4/5. Enslaved + Pigsy's Perfect 10 = Top deal.