Official Bitching Thread

Ham Woopan

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After beating it here are my main complaints:

• AI is way too accurate.
  • Max is like 500 lbs, takes him forever to stand the hell up.
  • Last Stand kill sequences sometimes bullshit you (run out of ammo or can't hit the guy).
  • You can get hit too easily when blindfiring. Shouldn't get hit at all when doing that IMO.
  • Even on Hard the AI seems to sometimes one hit or two hit kill you. That's for Hardcore dammit, not in standard Hard.

That's about it. As for the game itself (graphics, story, etc.) is all spot on.

1) Games are supposed to be challenging, or did this aspect die out with the last generation?

2) He's old and he's an alcoholic with a drug problem. I'd like to see you get up fast at his age, let alone his addiction that adds to his fatigue.

3) If you can't hit the guy, blame your aim, not the game. (it rhymes :D )

4) The top of your head and your arms are exposed when blindfiring, so it's only natural that you would get shot while doing it. If you didn't get hit at all, then everybody would just blindfire behind cover the whole game.

5) You have bodyparts, just like the enemy. They shoot you in the head and you die. They unload a shotgun close range at you - you die. Simple balistic mechanics.

Edited by KriugerisLT

1) Games are supposed to be challenging, or did this aspect die out with the last generation?

2) He's old and he's an alcoholic with a drug problem. I'd like to see you get up fast at his age, let alone his addiction that adds to his fatigue.

4) The top of your head and your arms are exposed when blindfiring, so it's only natural that you would get shot while doing it. If you didn't get hit at all, then everybody would just blindfire behind cover the whole game.

5) You have bodyparts, just like the enemy. They shoot you in the head and you die. They unload a shotgun close range at you - you die. Simple balistic mechanics.

Its a hate it or love it type of game. Some people on here also seem to be thinking it will be open world or something, lol. For me, i love the realistic touches, it adds depth to the game that is not present in ANY 3rd person shooter this generation.

For me, i love it but there are some that don't oh well, atleast im enjoying it more then the people who don't i guess, lol.

Exactly. What's funny is that there are people that are actually bitching about the lack of regenerating HP. Seriously? :D Regenerating HP has been cheap since the first time it was put in games. About 4/5 of games nowadays have the regenerating health. Rockstar would really fuck with the fans if they had removed the pain killer health restoration system.

It pretty much died out with the advent of the 360 because it forced Sony to implement achievements. Needless to say, I think many don't expect overly hard games this generation because we like to collect achievements as fast as possible.

I don't think anyone enjoys a game that has a 9 or 10/10 achievement difficulty.

It isn't about loving it or hating it.

It really is down to why the hell didn't they make it right? By getting rid of those gazzillion errors and glitches that are everywhere. How hard is that to make it right? In my first playthrough I encountered numerous errors and glitches and since completeing the rest of the single achieves. I have come across so many many more. These errors that shouldn't be in any game of this calibre, or any shooter. Much less a big branded RS game.

A few small things could have really improved this game, making it that little bit extra user friendly no it wouldn't have made it easier just logicaly better.

He didn't need to get up like a cripple, but simply roll from prone, like when rolling down a hill. Is this to much to ask from somebody who seems to dive and land on his azz or belly all the time?

Skipping out animations and let us the gamers decide which we will watch after a playthrough. By the time you have done single 3-4 times and NYM that many more. There is nothing worse then watching all those animations again and again. I switch my telly's SKY on, and watch adverts they are that much better in the 1-3 minutes it takes. Single player between levels is like 5 minutes + of animations. Come on now

Making it properly to begin with please, so that we won't have this kind of thread.

Good games never have them

Edited by Shabba

It pretty much died out with the advent of the 360 because it forced Sony to implement achievements. Needless to say, I think many don't expect overly hard games this generation because we like to collect achievements as fast as possible.

I don't think anyone enjoys a game that has a 9 or 10/10 achievement difficulty.

what are you talking about people who can max out a 9/10 or 10/10 diff achievement game feels like an accomplisment, Not everyones like you who plays my horse and me, I played dead space 2 on the hardest and felt great beating it on hard after all the frustration it caused me

1) Games are meant for fun for the general audience, a challenge to those who want it. Me, I don't care for challenges as I play games to un-wind, not wind-up.

2) I can understand if he was like an 80 year old crippled man, but come on. If you were getting shot at, you'd get your ASS UP.

3) So you've never once been hit into Last Stand you your aim is obstructed by some bullshit object or Max is holding the gun backwards like an idiot and it makes you die? Right.

4) In practically every game with a cover system, blindfiring is the method to use when you want to hit people without them hitting you, at least as easily. My problem is getting hit while blindfiring takes too much health (the same if you are shot anywhere else just about) and the AI seems to be JUST as accurate.

5) No shit, but this isn't real life once again. Hardcore is where you die in 1-3 shots. NOT HARD. Difficulties man. Hard should not be the same as Hardcore. I should not die in 1-3 hits (from across rooms MIND YOU, not a shotgun right in front of me, no shit that would one hit kill me).

Lastly, I haven't complained about the health system because I know it was that way in MP1 and MP2. Without painkillers it wouldn't be Max Payne.

Oh god hoborg,

Reading your posts really makes me wanna vomit most of the times.

So first of all you're talking for the majority because you think how everyone feels about hard achievements and second: how many great games have you skipped just because they had hard cheevos.

I really feel sorry for you because everthing I read from you points towards you beeing a really sad and unsatisfied being.

Further on I have a tip for you. Why don't you check for games on trueachievements that have a really low TA ratio maybe you can find joy in those.

Many kids games are piss easy could you really enjoy such games?! I'm afraid after all I read from you that you unfortunately would.

I'm glad not everyone is like you.

Hardcore mode is fractionally harder then Hard mode. 1 shot will kill sometimes 2 if they are firing from range. Use free aim and you have a challenge. I did when I played these modes it was fun. Otherwise they are quite simple with the locks. RB between covers use strafe in bullet time while out in the open, and always RB if groups of 1-3.

The main thing is try not to enter lastman standing. I really think last man standing should have had a soft lock, or it shouldn't exist. It would have been user friendly to help identify your target. The screen darkens in last man standing and seeing your target with the red sight is almost impossible while they duck back in cover or when fighting multiple enemies. As Max is being a payne and doing something totally stupid with his gun.

NYM Hardcore is easier then NYM normal. Obviously without dying is why it is hardcore. I am annoyed that, NYM the score shows the Hardcore times even on the normal NYM. In Hardcore, the last levels finish time is added to the next levels time. These scores are ridiculous and should have had a sperate scoreboard for each Mode.

The challenge isn't in from any achieve in this game it is simply putting up with his shit after so many playthroughs. It isn't challenging just tedious and boring. This could have been cured with a simple skip animation button.

Edited by Shabba

yo hoborg Ice age achievement list is out have fun!

I can't understand why this game has free aim. Yes it is a challenge but more than often it is just frustrating. From all the pre release videos, I thought Max Payne was a game you could run and gun, pull of awesome slow-mo kills and generally kick ass with, but i have spent my entire play through hugging cover like a pussy.

By the time i have lined up a shot using free aim the 8 enemies in front of me have already filled my ass full of lead. It also seems the enemies can run faster than you can move the target reticle and forget about trying to judge where the reticle will appear when you lean out of cover.

I am enjoying the story and the game world looks amazing but it is becoming a real struggle to make it through the frustrating gameplay to trigger the next part of the story.

still loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loadingstill loading

Yeah I already posted this in the NYM HC so what, this shit deserves to be read. Prepare yourself guys, this game is buggy & glitchy all the way:

R* you know what. GO FUCK YOURSELF!!! :mad:

Case: I did it till CHAPTER 9, came up to the point where have to slide down the roof and a chopper is coming with a guy shooting a RPG at you and all you have to do is simply aim and shoot the guys in the chooper while sliding down right!?

Guess what, it wouldn't let me. My aim-dot was fixed I COULDN'T FUCKING MOVE IT. So I was sliding down and waited till the RPG guy blast my ass.

So much for SKILLS, smart guys are talking about...UP MY ASS. :chair

I had like +7 MINUTES and no problems so far until this crapass GLITCH/BUG came up.

This has nothing to do with skills...

Edit: Just told this story a friend on my list and he sayed THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO HIM in SP. So I'm not the only one and this needs to be fixed.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Yeah I already posted this in the NYM HC so what, this shit deserves to be read. Prepare yourself guys, this game is buggy & glitchy all the way:

R* you know what. GO FUCK YOURSELF!!! :mad:

Case: I did it till CHAPTER 9, came up to the point where have to slide down the roof and a chopper is coming with a guy shooting a RPG at you and all you have to do is simply aim and shoot the guys in the chooper while sliding down right!?

Guess what, it wouldn't let me. My aim-dot was fixed I COULDN'T FUCKING MOVE IT. So I was sliding down and waited till the RPG guy blast my ass.

So much for SKILLS, smart guys are talking about...UP MY ASS. :chair

I had like +7 MINUTES and no problems so far until this crapass GLITCH/BUG came up.

This has nothing to do with skills...

Edit: Just told this story a friend on my list and he sayed THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO HIM in SP. So I'm not the only one and this needs to be fixed.

Something like that happened to me. Come out of last man standing and I can't move at all. I'm invincible and can shoot but can only aim straight ahead. I would never attempt NYM until this stuff is fixed.

According to the main screen's Grind Menu I had to do 500 melees to reach Gold, but I just melee'd the very first do in the NYMHC run I started and got The Melee award with the green background (Platinum) for my 150th melee.

End of Chapter 13 Police Station Bachmeyer battle, I blindfire the ceiling from the cover in the centre of the room, a mini-cinematic occurs where he moves to the left, then it comes back to me STANDING OUT OF COVER for no reason all of a sudden with 2 new soldiers instantly shooting me.

The end of chapter 10 Bus Depot, I was farming vehicle destruction and grenade shots. My FAL's bullets were hovering in the air next to my head, but would disappear after a few seconds.

Also some dudes would be close to explosion, but remain standing with no weapon in their hand, then fall over 20 seconds later.

Final 4 enemies in Chapter 9 (Favela), the bullet cam triggers when you shoot the third dude at the bottom of the stairs, even though the fourth guy is still on the balcony shooting at you.

Anyway, back to this NYMHC trial run.

By the time i have lined up a shot using free aim the 8 enemies in front of me have already filled my ass full of lead. It also seems the enemies can run faster than you can move the target reticle and forget about trying to judge where the reticle will appear when you lean out of cover.

Try NYM, it encourages you to go charging in and take everyone out as quickly as possibly, usually while strafing in bullet time (My preferred technique). Seems to be the play style you're looking for. :woop:

4) In practically every game with a cover system, blindfiring is the method to use when you want to hit people without them hitting you, at least as easily. My problem is getting hit while blindfiring takes too much health (the same if you are shot anywhere else just about) and the AI seems to be JUST as accurate.

C'mon now, you can shoot the enemy while they blind fire it's only fair they can do the same. You also might be blindfiring for too long, if you stick to bursts they rarely seem to land anything on you. the same with popping out of cover, hitting BT and headshotting people, stick to one enemy at a time and you'll rarely receive any damage.

on Chapter IV (Anyone Can Buy Me A Drink) I was downed with a little roof 'shed' behind me. I execute the guy, but then I'm stuck inside the building and need to Restart Checkpoint. I actually have photographic evidence of this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/wasteofanangel/IMAG0367.jpg

This is by the explosive canister just before the Watertower Collapse.

I hate getting frozen in multiplayer on top of how the game mode in Gang Wars where you must protect the target, but suddenly before my team starts shooting, the target gets exposed and no one got killed on my team. Suddenly, all five lives disspeared and the target was exposed. Just lucky my kills were saved.