Geth Hunter Mode

tripleb2k

Is anyone else having a difficult time using the Geth Hunter Mode? If I have it active for too long, it hurts my eyes and leads to a small headache. I've had problems with games giving me headaches (Borderlands being the biggest problem). Just curious if anyone else is having problems with that or if its just me.

Still haven't unlocked any of the geth characters, but I feel your headache pain. When I was a kid I couldn't play for more than an hour or two without getting intense headaches. Thankfully I grew out of it. Hope the same happens to you.

Is anyone else having a difficult time using the Geth Hunter Mode? If I have it active for too long, it hurts my eyes and leads to a small headache. I've had problems with games giving me headaches (Borderlands being the biggest problem). Just curious if anyone else is having problems with that or if its just me.

You get used to it. I used to feel a little dizzy when I first started using it, but it's OK now.

Now the only problem I have with it, is the same as Bahroo has, and that's the objective marker blending in.

i always turn the brightness down. Especially since I suffer from migraines from time to time. Be careful. I dont even know what Hunter Mode is, could you elaborate?

The video below has the Hunter Mode activated in MP. The screen gets brighter. It turns all enemies red (including invisible enemies) and you can see enemies behind walls (if you saw them before they went into cover). It's a good option but prolonged use can be hurtful on the eyes.

Probably do what others suggested and turn down the brightness on my TV when I'm using it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpC8lOzo44k]Mass Effect 3 MP - Geth Infiltrator - YouTube[/ame]

Still haven't unlocked any of the geth characters, but I feel your headache pain. When I was a kid I couldn't play for more than an hour or two without getting intense headaches. Thankfully I grew out of it. Hope the same happens to you.

Same here. STIll have not got a geth yet. Purchased several packs with microsoft points. NO GETH!!! pissing me off.

No problems here. Except for the objective markers getting lost. I don't know why they didn't make them a different color like orange or red when geth vision is on.

Same here. The objectives are difficult to find but I've just been popping out of Hunter Mode to find it. The cooldown is really small so it's not an issue at all.

TBH I didn't even notice a brightness increase besides the extra HUD elements, unless that's what you guys mean? If that's the case then yeah that doesn't bother me. And as I saidve I regularly tag in and out of Hunter Mode (which is proper play imo), no drastic changes that I've noticed.

Maybe it's dependent on the television?

EDIT: As I was playing again I still didn't notice anything until I remembered this topic. Then I switched back and forth and saw the brightness difference, but it's not significant imo.

Edited by Veedrock

It hurts my eyes and strains them, but I dont get headaches. Its too bad too because its an awsome ability and if I could I would use the Geth characters all day.

I used to have problems with it but then I just turned my brightness down.....a lot. Looks fine when it is active, pitch black when it's not. My main concern with the ability is that the objective markers blend in perfectly with the random symbols around the screen.

This is also a problem. I usually turn it off right before a challenge wave so I can at least see where the first marker is.

Damn that Geth looks fun to use!

Buying specter packs, keep getting characters I already have, the xp boost is nice but still :/

FINALLY just got the Asari Vanguard last night.... only been trying for that one since day one.

I might get the Geth.... after we find the Sol relay for real. :(

My favorite character thus far! Love using Stasis on everything that moves, then lining up a perfect headshot, especially on those little Phantom bitches...

I'm thinking this might have to do with one of 2 things

1) General Brightness settings are already on the upper end of your TV/Game

2) TV

I have a 36" LCD I play on, and the brightness, while present, is nowhere near paining. I could imagine though it being a nuisance on my old tube TV.

I've had no problems with it and mine is activated throughout a whole session unless it needs to come off.

I'm also on a LED tv which is set to Dynamic for the mode which is bright and I've never had an issue or headache. Some people just get them from gaming in general.

The brightness, fast motions, stop/start clips etc. So you're just one of those people sadly.

I get the same especially the blurring/unfocusing impact. Which is why I dont use it.

I suffer from really bad migraines and my TV doesn't handle black colours pretty well so I have to put the brightness up on most of my games but I haven't had any headaches/migraines at all and I mostly play with my Geth Hunter. The only problem I have is the same as most people here, not being able to see the blue marker on the objective rounds so I normally have to turn the hunter mode off and on again.