Video Threads?

Hudson888

I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything similar. but with XB1 and people now recording a lot of videos, would it be worth creating threads within the areas for games for people to post videos.

Just because I've noticed a lot of people posting threads just for one video.

But if, for example, there was a Fifa videos thread in the Fifa 14 forum section, people could post them there.

Like I said, don't know if this has been discussed before, but thought it might be good.

There have been dedicated video threads in the past but usually because people were spamming new threads each time they made a video. It might be worth rolling them out as standard moving forward, like you said, the 'xbox record' feature has already seen more being created.

If you don't see one made you can always make one yourself and ask for it to be stickied.

I brought this up 18 months ago.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399756

When a mod posts the usual threads (achievement boosting, achievement discussion, challenge discussion etc.), they should also post a media/videos thread and let it be the dedicated thread for screenshots/videos.

It won't stop others from creating a new thread so their content can be seen by more people, but it makes it easier for mods to lock/move/delete posts/threads since there is already a dedicated thread.

There have been dedicated video threads in the past but usually because people were spamming new threads each time they made a video. It might be worth rolling them out as standard moving forward, like you said, the 'xbox record' feature has already seen more being created.

If you don't see one made you can always make one yourself and ask for it to be stickied.

I did think of just doing it myself, but didn't know if they would just get closed down.

I brought this up 18 months ago.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399756

When a mod posts the usual threads (achievement boosting, achievement discussion, challenge discussion etc.), they should also post a media/videos thread and let it be the dedicated thread for screenshots/videos.

It won't stop others from creating a new thread so their content can be seen by more people, but it makes it easier for mods to lock/move/delete posts/threads since there is already a dedicated thread.

Yea that's what I was thinking. It should make it easier to manage. People are always going to want to promote themselves, so if you gave them somewhere to do it, at least it might be a little better, and a bit less cluttered.