the game is no where near as good as it was made out to be.

the story is really short.

the maps are really tiny.

the enemies are basically the same just with different critical spots. the enemies with shields just all out attack you until you get their shield down and then they run off.

enemies are the same difficulty no matter what level they are (unless they are a higher level than you).

also the game has a huge focus on co op but when i started working together with 2 random people that were on the same mission as me when we got to the no respawn area we got seperated.

and the pvp is extremely unbalanced.

the game is also pretty worthless until you hit level 18 when you can start getting marks.

you don't unlock legendary or exotic gear until you hit level 18.

also the leveling system is terrible, when you reach level 15 you get a new skill, but in order to use that skill you basically have to start from level 1 because you have to unlock everything again including grenades and the double jump, and all your previous abilities and skills are nullified.

all in all i will play the game to 1000g (or try to) but after that i don't think i will be playing it again, major let down and bungie should be ashamed of themselves for making such a mediocre game after the success of halo.

Edited by ckingvengence

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a long hard look at the achievement list for the game tonight. I can't imagine how painfully boring it would be and how long it would take to fully upgrade the subclass for each class in the game with what little repetitive content there is to choose from.

Nah.

the subclass you get at level 15 you dont actually have to switch to and complete. both classes are actually called subclass and you can just finish the one you start with for the achievement. i can confirm this cos iv finished the class i started with and the achievement popped

the subclass you get at level 15 you dont actually have to switch to and complete. both classes are actually called subclass and you can just finish the one you start with for the achievement. i can confirm this cos iv finished the class i started with and the achievement popped

I know you don't have to complete both subclasses, I'm saying that completing one for each character would be a huge chore on its own. I'm nearing level 21 and still have a long way to go finishing my Voidwalker subclass, which I've stuck with since the beginning. Doing that two more times for the other classes in a game that has one mission type would be boring as hell.

I know you don't have to complete both subclasses, I'm saying that completing one for each character would be a huge chore on its own. I'm nearing level 21 and still have a long way to go finishing my Voidwalker subclass, which I've stuck with since the beginning. Doing that two more times for the other classes in a game that has one mission type would be boring as hell.

oh right yeah i forgot about those. yeah screw those achievements i aint starting this game again twice haha

Excuse me for not bitching in the "Bitching Thread," but I seem to be enjoying this game very much. The key here is that Bungie wants to keep you playing further into the game before showing all their cards, more aspects come into play for upgrades/challenges as you level up.

I agree that it may have been overhyped, but I don't get why so many people dislike the game. One of the biggest reasons I'm enjoying it is the fact it's far different from any game of its type. Those who say "it's just another skin of a Halo game mixed with a subpar RPG" must not realize what big franchises like Call of Duty release every year - the same recycled gameplay with a few tweaks.

Also, I don't get the complaints about the length of the story missions. There are at least like 5-6 missions per planet/area and Halo games always had 10 or less story missions total.

I think the problem is people were expecting TOO much from this game. Just sit back and enjoy it, we're not at the "Golden Age" of the new gen consoles yet.

Just my 2 cents. Don't flame me.

Edited by REN3GADE

Excuse me for not bitching in the "Bitching Thread," but I seem to be enjoying this game very much. The key here is that Bungie wants to keep you playing further into the game before showing all their cards, more aspects come into play for upgrades/challenges as you level up.

I agree that it may have been overhyped, but I don't get why so many people dislike the game. One of the biggest reasons I'm enjoying it is the fact it's far different from any game of its type. Those who say "it's just another skin of a Halo game mixed with a subpar RPG" must not realize what big franchises like Call of Duty release every year - the same recycled gameplay with a few tweaks.

Also, I don't get the complaints about the length of the story missions. There are at least like 5-6 missions per planet/area and Halo games always had 10 or less story missions total.

I think the problem is people were expecting TOO much from this game. Just sit back and enjoy it, we're not at the "Golden Age" of the new gen consoles yet.

Just my 2 cents. Don't flame me.

Im not trying to target you but I am so sick of people comparing this game to halo. I'm not saying this to stick up for halo or destiny. I'm saying I dont know what halo and destiny have to do with each other, other than both being FPSs and made by Bungie. Other than that its more than annoying listening to everyone compare these games.

Gamespot gave this a 6? Which I can see the certain things that are wrong with it. Somehow COD can get a better score than this, when that thing is repetitive as it comes with a sub-par story. Even Titanfall got a better score. :eek: I'll admit this game has it's faults, but it definitely isn't a 6.

Gamespot gave this a 6? Which I can see the certain things that are wrong with it. Somehow COD can get a better score than this, when that thing is repetitive as it comes with a sub-par story. Even Titanfall got a better score. :eek: I'll admit this game has it's faults, but it definitely isn't a 6.

Titanfall scored higher on metacriditc than the PS4 version of destiny and the way the Xbox one version is looking it will probably score lower than the ps4 version.

All the disconnections are starting to piss me off, it doesn't exactly motivate me to grind it out when its pot luck whether i last up until the end of a strike or not, constant 'animal' error codes which when all put in on the website say its a general networking error. Sigh.

Matchmaking PVP is the crucible seems somewhat dubious.

You can be a middling rank and suddenly the other side are all plus 20's and you get shredded. The 3 by 3, 6 by 6 stuff has the same feel as Gears of War public matches and get very tedious very quickly if you are getting your arse handed to you.

Obviously enjoying the game quite a lot, love the visuals. Hopefully the content will build with time.

I haven't been playing for long and most of that is just messing around with friends but so far my complaint is none of us really know what's going on. There seems to be little or no explanation of what's in the game and what each aspect does, especially around the tower. I'm sure it will make sense as we progress but at the moment we feel quite lost.

Also why did Bungie force you to view their website to read information about the world. One reason I really enjoyed the Mass Effect series was reading the lore in the codex. I can't be bothered logging on to the Bungie website all the time to read information that every other developer seems to be able to include in game.

I haven't been playing for long and most of that is just messing around with friends but so far my complaint is none of us really know what's going on. There seems to be little or no explanation of what's in the game and what each aspect does, especially around the tower. I'm sure it will make sense as we progress but at the moment we feel quite lost.

Also why did Bungie force you to view their website to read information about the world. One reason I really enjoyed the Mass Effect series was reading the lore in the codex. I can't be bothered logging on to the Bungie website all the time to read information that every other developer seems to be able to include in game.

Sadly it doesn't. I beat the last mission and didn't even realise it was the last mission until I couldn't find a new story mission lol

Sadly it doesn't. I beat the last mission and didn't even realise it was the last mission until I couldn't find a new story mission lol

That's annoying:D After looking around the tower it's starting to make sense but it's all still a bit vague. Even a 'help' or 'info' button would have been enough to explain the concepts, especially the mechanics unique to Destiny. Looking at some of the armour and weapons you can buy there's too many symbols and numbers everywhere:p

I've been trying to work on the Salvage achievement while we have the playlist so my question is do you just launch the probe or do you have to protect it for the 45 seconds, because if it is to keep the opponents from stopping it then this is impossible with randoms. No one in this fucking playlist understands the concept of reviving.

seriously bored of this game now. level 24 strikes are too easy and give shit rewards. done the nightfall strike so have to wait until a new one comes in. farming ascendant shards just takes an insane amount of time and i need 48 of the damn things. crucible sucks, enemies that are level 6 drop more legendary engrams than level 28s. level 28s shouldnt even drop greens

seriously bored of this game now. level 24 strikes are too easy and give shit rewards. done the nightfall strike so have to wait until a new one comes in. farming ascendant shards just takes an insane amount of time and i need 48 of the damn things. crucible sucks, enemies that are level 6 drop more legendary engrams than level 28s. level 28s shouldnt even drop greens

THIS!

I want better gear but doing the highest strikes gives me fuck all, bosses don't drop gear and loot drop are very rare.

Bring on the raids!

THIS!

I want better gear but doing the highest strikes gives me fuck all, bosses don't drop gear and loot drop are very rare.

Bring on the raids!

there should be a level 26 and 28 strike at least. as it stands iv had no purples from strikes and 1 exotic but from level 6 enemies off earth iv had plenty of purples some turned out to be blue iv got a purple chest armor and 2 weapons and 2 exotics from again level 6 enemies thia game has no logic at all and its starting to annoy me

there should be a level 26 and 28 strike at least. as it stands iv had no purples from strikes and 1 exotic but from level 6 enemies off earth iv had plenty of purples some turned out to be blue iv got a purple chest armor and 2 weapons and 2 exotics from again level 6 enemies thia game has no logic at all and its starting to annoy me

Yeah, I have had 4 purple drops all blue. But i got two purples from blues ^.^. Strikes should level and loot should be better for higher levels.

I have found doing the level 8 sepiks strike gets me so much more drops and it takes half the time. Lul whut