What did you think? *spoilers*

Schism

so what did everyone think of the game? to me it was amazing! fun and adds more to the story and a bit of a challenge. the ending credits made me laugh alot lol. the last boss was a beast :o although he died in a pretty funny and rushed way lol. so what are your thoughts? the only thing i did not like was the ending..didnt really explain a whole lot..and just sorta threw in a random main character(phenotrans boss?/employee) leads into another dead rising..hopefully in that one we can see co-op with chuck and west again?? hopefully. weapons where pretty funny but the lazer gun was a beast! so what are your thoughts??? was it worth the 800 points or was it a let down?:woop:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i Loved the twist with Isabela and the boss that was a good introduction to what could be the new boss battles in DR3 but for me the Game was too short..

i mean it took me 2 hours to complete the main story and find most of the survivors.. the story was great even though the ending was a little bit of an anti climax i would of liked to see (and not to sound evil) but to see frank die like saving chuck from the fire .. or the boss turns into a zombiefied version of him

Plus the game seemed to focus more on frank's story than chucks no one from Dr2 other than Zombie TK showed up

Combo weapons were good though (Y)

Couldnt agree more this game is awsome.

I just feel diapointed with the death cutscene of the boss like you said, but I must say I've been dissapointed with all the deaths of the bosses, I'm guessing I feel that way since the first boss I ever beat on dead rising was adam the clown and nothing I mean nothing will ever live up to that creepy, funny and gross all at the same time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij2QeO12LSo]YouTube - dead rising Adam the Clown FULL DEATH[/ame]

I must say that I enjoyed this and case 0 more than the actual game it was great but just got to be too much of a grind these small chuncks are where it is at for me.

Edited by XxStuartxX 1990

How long was it? Worth $10? I just blindly bought it. Also how many co-op achievements are there? I have no friends (everyone hates me I'm going to eat dirt now). Actually I just hate playing online stuff and yick yacking in the mic.

it seemed longer then Case Zero. last boss is actually a challenge sorta. i think just one co-op achievement(for beating it together...lol) i think the others can unlock with a friend but not to sure.

i agree with the above post how it seemed to focus less on Chuck..i mean..his daughter is just gone?..Isabella is dead?? now there is a cure?? didnt really explain much at the end..just seemed like they just tossed things in last minute. hopefully dead rising 3 finishes the story..i really hope they dont milk Dead Rising. :/ example: dead rising 2.5..dead rising 3 case:something...dead rising 3...dead rising 3 extended ending...dead rising 3.5 >______<

it seemed longer then Case Zero. last boss is actually a challenge sorta. i think just one co-op achievement(for beating it together...lol) i think the others can unlock with a friend but not to sure.

i agree with the above post how it seemed to focus less on Chuck..i mean..his daughter is just gone?..Isabella is dead?? now there is a cure?? didnt really explain much at the end..just seemed like they just tossed things in last minute. hopefully dead rising 3 finishes the story..i really hope they dont milk Dead Rising. :/ example: dead rising 2.5..dead rising 3 case:something...dead rising 3...dead rising 3 extended ending...dead rising 3.5 >______<

Isabella didn't die... at least not in the A ending. Aside from revealing the next games likely antagonist and introducing Greene to West - the game didn't do much more. It ignored the S ending of DR2 and the whole cure element and Isabella's role wre hinted at in DR2. Still great game. And Capcom makes franchise games, I would never expect DR3 to resolve everything and end the series.

Oh and another thing... they didnt explain how Frank escaped with isabela on over time !
Well, with this being more of a follow up to Greene's story and Isabella playing a small role - I don't think the explanation would have worked. When they mention Isabella in DR2, you kinda just assume they found a way. I imagine DR3 could expand so we know why Frank and Isabella eventually lost contact with eachother. Although, doesn't make sense that a journalist personally involved wouldn't know his fellow survivor worked for the company that made the drug she made him before but Stacey would know. Then again most of the plot doesn't make any sense since 2 which got all messy with sloppy and illogical motives while simultaneously copying a storyline from a different Capcom franchise... what? The evil pharmaceutical company is behind it? Haven't seen that before, Capcom. Edited by DeltaKappaEcho

yeah but like they just carry her off and dont ever really show her again lol/ she basically disappears. xD!

Yes because curing the virus wasn't enough... the villain probably has some other absurd plan... maybe they'll weaponize it?! Oh, wait - lol. Seriously, the more I think of the story the more angry I get that they made a sequel. Fantastic gameplay improvements, terrible story arc.

I thought it was fun, but except for the addition of Frank West, I preferred Case Zero. I liked the "Main Street" setting and the cast of survivors in Case Zero, especially the old guy up on the roof. The lab of Case West didn't have much personality, and the survivors seemed, for the most part, interchangeable. I also felt more connection to the story, more motivation for my character, in Case Zero than I did with Case West, and I preferred the single open-ended, long-term objective (find all the bike parts).

It was still a good purchase, though. It's just structured more like DR1/2 than Case Zero, with you running from one objective to the next before the clock runs out.

Very disappointed with this story wise, as I was with the ending of DR2 (no explanation given as to why we are getting items for TK, it was only implied)

1. Why are we fighting TK again at the end? He should of died from the fall.

2. Where are Katey and Stacey at this point? Are we to believe that Katey has been left with Stacey? Really? Chuck has been fighting since Las Vegas to save Katey from turning into a Zombie, so are we supposed to think he is now going to leave her with someone he has only known for 4 days without even saying goodbye?

3. Why is Frank West in Fortune City? We never saw him being contacted, and he was heading to the Phenotrans lab.

4. One of the first loading screens is of a couple of security guards outside - how was the base infiltrated without sounding an alarm?

5. Why is Chuck so stupid that he couldn't spot the second guard in the Shipping office?

6. How come when people are saved they simply run off, presumably to a door somewhere and escape. Surely the guards outside would of stopped them.

7. Why are there zombies all over the place? Wouldn't the guards of cleared it all by now and got them back in the holding pens?

So yeah, I think Capcom have left alot of holes here. As far as gameplay wise though, well worth the 800 msp, when you consider how long you will get out of it. The last boss was great, until I realised you could take him down easy by shooting him with Security AR's and shotguns, and taking down the security guards with a Laser gun whenever they entered the room.

Just can't wait for DR3 now! :rock

Very disappointed with this story wise, as I was with the ending of DR2 (no explanation given as to why we are getting items for TK, it was only implied)

2. Where are Katey and Stacey at this point? Are we to believe that Katey has been left with Stacey? Really? Chuck has been fighting since Las Vegas to save Katey from turning into a Zombie, so are we supposed to think he is now going to leave her with someone he has only known for 4 days without even saying goodbye?

3. Why is Frank West in Fortune City? We never saw him being contacted, and he was heading to the Phenotrans lab.

4. One of the first loading screens is of a couple of security guards outside - how was the base infiltrated without sounding an alarm?

5. Why is Chuck so stupid that he couldn't spot the second guard in the Shipping office?

6. How come when people are saved they simply run off, presumably to a door somewhere and escape. Surely the guards outside would of stopped them.

7. Why are there zombies all over the place? Wouldn't the guards of cleared it all by now and got them back in the holding pens?

So yeah, I think Capcom have left alot of holes here. As far as gameplay wise though, well worth the 800 msp, when you consider how long you will get out of it. The last boss was great, until I realised you could take him down easy by shooting him with Security AR's and shotguns, and taking down the security guards with a Laser gun whenever they entered the room.

Just can't wait for DR3 now! :rock

1. You don't get how the zombie thing works, do you?

2-7. You're worrying waaaaaaaay too much about these things. Capcom have never particularly cared about filling in all the minor plot details, so why are people worrying about it now? It's great that people are so invested in the story, but this is a game- not a book or a movie.

Also, Capcom should be ashamed of the price tag on this. Double the price for a game of approximately the same length. People are just fooled into thinking it's longer because of the multiple rooms whereas Case Zero was all set in three main areas (garage, town, quarantine) with minimal loading.

Because it's continuing from ending A, not ending S. When the door opens and Frank saves Chuck, you'll notice that they're still on the roof next to the helipad. That's where Chuck left off in ending A, in the elevator to the roof about to be munched by Zombie TK.

Again, ending A, so Katey and Stacey are probably at the news station or something.

Pay attention to the cutscenes man, he came to get Rebecca as she was going to go with him to the lab.

Frank's covered wars you know. I dunno, they snuck around them or something.

Chuck sucks like that. What do you expect from a guy who prints his name on the windshield of his truck and makes some of the most awful one-liners ever heard? Also, I'm pretty sure the other guards were behind that wall. You know the one, the wall that all the guards suddenly came around to make Chuck crap his pants? I mean yeah okay, I dislike Chuck, but not even Frank West could have seen through a wall to notice all the other guards hiding in there.

They are employees, not intruders. Why would the guards stop them?

Probably has something to do with Frank and Chuck constantly introducing the guards and handlers to the business end of an Impact Blaster. Edited by mjc0961

Ah, some good explanations above from mjc0961.

Still, if ending A is the correct ending from DR2... then overtime was pointless and never happened in timeline. Also, I still find it very hard to believe Chuck would simply leave his daughter behind like that. For point 3, yep, my bad.

For point 5, the cutscene has the guard throw a gun to his friend, who is sat down at the desk. Therefore he can't be in the room next to the office, he must be in the office. Go look in the office through the camera, vision around that corner is very clear. Chuck should of been able to see them.

Point 6, the lab has living quarters. So where are the employees going? Running away? The company still needs them to make Zombrex to make money. I'm sure if Phenotrans are willing to level a couple of cities to make cash, then they would be willing to stop some vital employees with top secret information doing a runner. Granted though they could be running to a safe zone. But why when these people work with zombies all day do they not carry handguns, at the very least?

And well, point 7, my issue with it just reminds me it's just a game, and indeed, not designed with logic in mind. Guards should of been able to shoot Chuck and kill him on the spot.

After all, this is a series where chugging fifty bottles of wine will only improve your health and leave you stone cold sober (DR1) where you teleport across a mall through a bathroom window, carrying around books makes things last longer, and duct tape instantly makes anything more deadly. I know you have got to take things with a pinch of salt, but really, a little bit of thought could of patched things up.

Still, if ending A is the correct ending from DR2... then overtime was pointless and never happened in timeline. Also, I still find it very hard to believe Chuck would simply leave his daughter behind like that. For point 3, yep, my bad.
Overtime in DR2 was kind of pointless anyway (collect random shit for TK and then fight him despite the fact that the place should have been firebombed by then?). So if they want to retcon it, that doesn't bother me.

For point 5, the cutscene has the guard throw a gun to his friend, who is sat down at the desk. Therefore he can't be in the room next to the office, he must be in the office. Go look in the office through the camera, vision around that corner is very clear. Chuck should of been able to see them.
The way I'm watching, I see the guy sitting there alone. Chuck walks in and very loudly announces himself, alerting the other guard in the room, and one of them tosses the first guard a rifle while coming out from behind the wall.

EDIT: Here, there's a place Chuck can't see from where he was standing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/mjc0961/IMG_0532.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/mjc0961/IMG_0533.jpg

Other guard must have been using the microwave at the time. Poor bastard will never get to eat his tasty sandwich. :(

Point 6, the lab has living quarters. So where are the employees going? Running away? The company still needs them to make Zombrex to make money. I'm sure if Phenotrans are willing to level a couple of cities to make cash, then they would be willing to stop some vital employees with top secret information doing a runner. Granted though they could be running to a safe zone. But why when these people work with zombies all day do they not carry handguns, at the very least?
I don't know, Pheontrans is silly. As for not carrying handguns, I think the announcements in the game make that clear (I just heard them today though, I didn't catch them yesterday), they say that self defense is okay but don't kill the specimens unless absolutely necessary. Probably why the guards don't just up and kill all the zombies as well. To Phenotrans they are not just zombies, they are materials they need for queens and probably to do testing on. Killing all the zombies means they have no zombies and they can't do their jobs very well until they get new zombies. Edited by mjc0961

Capcom should be ashamed of the price tag on this. Double the price for a game of approximately the same length. People are just fooled into thinking it's longer because of the multiple rooms whereas Case Zero was all set in three main areas (garage, town, quarantine) with minimal loading.

First, it is 2-player so already offers more. Second, you should be ashamed for forgetting that CASE: Zero at 400 points was a shock to everyone as almost all Arcade titles not made on a budget release at 800. Most with similar graphics or gameplay (like Hydrophobia) first release at 1200. Capcom stated that they made no profit from CASE: Zero... some people just too quickly forget that CASE: Zero was a hell of a deal and then complain why companies don't do it all the time.

In terms of story, every game can be nitpicked because of information unavailable to us but DR2's story really mucks things up with a plot that makes no sense. Terror Is Reality has plenty of zombies to last multiple PPV events and cause the creation of a Protest group to stop what it is doing... so, why the hell does Fortune City need to be attacked? What is the point of making more zombies to get queens if there are still plenty zombies left? Even more stupid given that the endless supply of TIR zombies can be used over extended periods of time but they only have limited time with the zombies of Fortune City before the military gets involved... the main plot of the antagonist just doesn't make sense.

Fortune City didn't need an injection of zombies to get things started, you release zombies in a place crowded with humans - guess what you get? A hell of a lot more zombies, it made perfect sense to me.

I'm assuming this follows Ending A, I've only ever gotten Ending S (I was a nice guy and gave the douche his Zombrex), so I was a little confused at the start. I assumed that with Ending S being the canonical ending for DR1, that the same would be true for DR2. Oh well.

It was nice to see Isabela again, we've got a better idea of what she's been doing, but wow does Frank look old in this.

I reckon the cure is real and that Chuck and Frank will be making cameos in the next DR, as well as Isabela and I'll be damned if that blonde woman ain't the villain in DR3.

I'm actually very happy with how this game turned out. The new weapons were a good addition. Love me that Laser Gun. The story, I didn't really expect an ending to it per-say but I kinda already knew that we'd be introduced to the main person of the company in this one. As for the cure, I can't really say but I believe there is one. Isabella said she was close to making a synthetic version of zombrex but the head of the company stole her work. So here is hoping we see Dead Rising 3 real soon.

Fortune City didn't need an injection of zombies to get things started, you release zombies in a place crowded with humans - guess what you get? A hell of a lot more zombies, it made perfect sense to me.

I don't know if this is a response to what I wrote. If it is, you misunderstand - and if not, I misunderstood ;) - it makes sense how the town gets overrun. The motive to do so makes no sense. They need zombies to make Queens. But they have zombies... more than enough to last 17 PPV's of zombie-killing and still flood Fortune City fast. And once the ones they have - and had for some time if they managed to make this PPV event so many times - overrun Fortune City then they have a limited amount of time before the military fire bombs the city remains so they then lose all of them. And they only began the gas testing on the final day so it isn't believable that this topped their Queen supply more efficiently then simply using the millions of zombies TIR had.