Feels like a P+ game to me

Lymle

Am I the only one who thinks this game looks, plays, and in general feels like a Platinum Games game? Maybe it's because I'm still playing Anarchy Reigns but this game's art style, controls, and in general atmosphere seriously remind me of P+

Am I the only one who thinks this game looks, plays, and in general feels like a Platinum Games game? Maybe it's because I'm still playing Anarchy Reigns but this game's art style, controls, and in general atmosphere seriously remind me of P+

I seriously hope you're kidding, and that it's because you're playing Anarchy Reigns. Platinum Games imply exactly what they are, but it's not this.

Edited by Vindicator51

feels nothing like platinum games title to me. All the Pgames titles I've played bayonetta/vanquish/anarchy reins were way more polished and bug free. They also all have Japanese style for story and art which differs greatly from European direction

feels nothing like platinum games title to me. All the Pgames titles I've played bayonetta/vanquish/anarchy reins were way more polished and bug free. They also all have Japanese style for story and art which differs greatly from European direction

This exactly. Also, the soundtracks for their games are actually good. Maybe Bayonetta's tracks are more cheesy, but it's still great.

Platinum Games makes more classy games, NT just follows the current trend in western society.

Edited by Vindicator51

Ninja theory probably did take some time looking at Bayonata. The backgrounds and high contrast do remind me of PG

This exactly. Also, the soundtracks for their games are actually good. Maybe Bayonetta's tracks are more cheesy, but it's still great.

Platinum Games makes more classy games, NT just follows the current trend in western society.

I actually think up to now Dmc has the best sound track out off all the devil may cry games. The only one that comes close is Devil may cry 1.

I think overall rating how good the games are in order.

Devil may cry 3

Devil may cry

Dmc Devil may cry

Devil may cry 4

Devil may cry 2

Edited by Kite87

I seriously hope you're kidding, and that it's because you're playing Anarchy Reigns. Platinum Games imply exactly what they are, but it's not this.

I was really hoping to avoid this conversation on this thread, but it can't be helped. I respect your personal opinions, but I disagree heavily. The new DmC game is great. The soundtrack, since this was pointed out, is on par with the last series if not better. Look I get that this isn't the old DmC, but that doesn't mean it has to be a bad thing. Also what are these bugs and glitches that everyone keeps mentioning? This game runs smoothly, looks and feels polished to me, and I seriously haven't hit a single bug or glitch after two runs.

Though I am willing to admit NT in it's self isn't the greatest company, and P+ does take more from Japanese style and culture, I still feel the heavy influence of that company here. And honestly just because NT isn't that great of a company doesn't mean their games can't be good. Personally I think Crytek is the worst company out there, they have a CEO who in my opinion is a dick, yet I still play Crysis.

Though I digress I'm just blowing up from all the hate in general that I've seen for this game. Even if it's not what people wanted, it's all we're gonna get. There will never be a 5, and if this doesn't sell well from all the fan hate then DmC is dead.

It would be nice for this game to sell well simply, because I think Ninja Theory could be a great publisher. Enslaved was a great game.

Honestly I don't think they could have made a better game given what capcom asked.

Gameplay: Capcom worked heavily on the combat so people saying Ninja theory have fucked up the combat need to think again.

Character: New Dante pisses me of some times, but going back to the older Devil May Cry's old Dante pissed me off some times.

Audio: Older game screamed in my ear and drove me crazy, this is still full of scream-o shit, but it's not as bad.

Art: The art style is wonderful enemies look better here then they ever have, and the variation of level design keeps things fresh.

The only way people will see more of old Dante is if capcom decide make a comic or another season of the anime. Not buying this game will kill Devil may cry not new Dante.

I was really hoping to avoid this conversation on this thread, but it can't be helped. I respect your personal opinions, but I disagree heavily. The new DmC game is great. The soundtrack, since this was pointed out, is on par with the last series if not better. Look I get that this isn't the old DmC, but that doesn't mean it has to be a bad thing. Also what are these bugs and glitches that everyone keeps mentioning? This game runs smoothly, looks and feels polished to me, and I seriously haven't hit a single bug or glitch after two runs.

Though I am willing to admit NT in it's self isn't the greatest company, and P+ does take more from Japanese style and culture, I still feel the heavy influence of that company here. And honestly just because NT isn't that great of a company doesn't mean their games can't be good. Personally I think Crytek is the worst company out there, they have a CEO who in my opinion is a dick, yet I still play Crysis.

Though I digress I'm just blowing up from all the hate in general that I've seen for this game. Even if it's not what people wanted, it's all we're gonna get. There will never be a 5, and if this doesn't sell well from all the fan hate then DmC is dead.

They didn't seem to market much for this game. At least they had the demo. It's not that I dislike it, but I will say there is a very distinct feeling I had when I placed the first DMC. Pressing random buttons I was able to look like a pro. This game you can sort of do that, but it's a little more sluggish in delivery. Could have just been the level in the demo. You are right though, it's all we will get. I likely won't be playing the game due to a backlog of things I need to start playing.

They didn't seem to market much for this game. At least they had the demo. It's not that I dislike it, but I will say there is a very distinct feeling I had when I placed the first DMC. Pressing random buttons I was able to look like a pro. This game you can sort of do that, but it's a little more sluggish in delivery. Could have just been the level in the demo. You are right though, it's all we will get. I likely won't be playing the game due to a backlog of things I need to start playing.

If you think you look like a pro by pressing random buttons on DMC then you obviously havn't seen a pro play.

It would be nice for this game to sell well simply, because I think Ninja Theory could be a great publisher. Enslaved was a great game.

Honestly I don't think they could have made a better game given what capcom asked.

Gameplay: Capcom worked heavily on the combat so people saying Ninja theory have fucked up the combat need to think again.

Character: New Dante pisses me of some times, but going back to the older Devil May Cry's old Dante pissed me off some times.

Audio: Older game screamed in my ear and drove me crazy, this is still full of scream-o shit, but it's not as bad.

Art: The art style is wonderful enemies look better here then they ever have, and the variation of level design keeps things fresh.

The only way people will see more of old Dante is if capcom decide make a comic or another season of the anime. Not buying this game will kill Devil may cry not new Dante.

This. Just, all of this.

I agree the marketing for this game was rather, well, bad honestly. And sure even I remember the feeling when playing DmC1 and DmC3 right out of the gate, it was such a great feeling. And I honestly feel like this one hits that same feeling ya know? The only game I find to be better is DmC3, honestly. And to me the fact that you can't that feeling of looking like a pro by hitting random buttons is even more of a plus, though I admit I could never hit that feeling until I learned how to play the old ones xP. I feel like this one delivers more to you in terms of being able to chain combos, quicker, faster, and smoother the the old ones. To me it improves the game so much more.

If you think you look like a pro by pressing random buttons on DMC then you obviously havn't seen a pro play.

I saw you on alot of the leaderboards. Sometimes I was above you other times under you.

About the sound in the new DMC: Anyone else love the sound of Round Trip beating on a enemie?

I saw you on alot of the leaderboards. Sometimes I was above you other times under you.

About the sound in the new DMC: Anyone else love the sound of Round Trip beating on a enemie?

Do you mind posting your GT? I've been trying to work out who you are lol.

Love the sound and music. Disco level is amazing. I hate the noise when in DT though.

Ninja theory probably did take some time looking at Bayonata. The backgrounds and high contrast do remind me of PG

I actually think up to now Dmc has the best sound track out off all the devil may cry games. The only one that comes close is Devil may cry 1.

I think overall rating how good the games are in order.

Devil may cry 3

Devil may cry

Dmc Devil may cry

Devil may cry 4

Devil may cry 2

My order would be:

Devil May Cry 4

Devil May Cry 3

Devil May Cry 1

DmC: Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry 2

This one just doesn't feel like DMC at all, just DMC crossed with extreme amounts of platforming and being easier than the others.

My order would be:

Devil May Cry 4

Devil May Cry 3

Devil May Cry 1

Devil May Cry 2

This one just doesn't feel like DMC at all, just DMC crossed with extreme amounts of platforming and being easier than the others.

Devil May Cry 3

Devil May Cry 1

Devil May Cry 4

Devil May Cry 2

Sorry, I loved the concept behind 4 but hearing there was going to be a reboot with that being the last one in the numerical series, well it made a lot of sense to me. And I feel like this hit all the right bases, especially with the story. But that's just my opinion.

I have no problem with the new DmC, I prefer the new Dante if anything- the "classic" look was a little too gay for me.

But this is definitely nowhere near a P+ quality game. I've played the tits out of their games since Viewtiful Joe, there's a deep quality there that you hardly find outside of Japan.

DmC is by no means a bad game, maybe Gold but it's not Platinum.

I agree! It really reminds me of Bayonetta, which is a great thing!

Ya think? Not to me it didnt. I wasnt a massive fan of Bayonetta. This is a lot more straight foward, and simple. The combat is easier definately.

I like what they did with it. One thing It could have done with, is some kind of controller config which allows targeting individuel enemys.

Devil May Cry 3

Devil May Cry 1

Devil May Cry 4

Devil May Cry 2

Sorry, I loved the concept behind 4 but hearing there was going to be a reboot with that being the last one in the numerical series, well it made a lot of sense to me. And I feel like this hit all the right bases, especially with the story. But that's just my opinion.

I don't blame you. After all, I did spend 230+ hours on the game, and I enjoyed the majority of it.

Personally, I didn't enjoy the story in this one at all. I felt it was right until the end of Mission 12, then after that, it got all fucked up for me. Also, the lack of difficulty was a huge letdown.

I don't blame you. After all, I did spend 230+ hours on the game, and I enjoyed the majority of it.

Personally, I didn't enjoy the story in this one at all. I felt it was right until the end of Mission 12, then after that, it got all fucked up for me. Also, the lack of difficulty was a huge letdown.

I'll give you that, this game really isn't that difficult at all compared to the old entries lol I remember my time with DmC3 and all the controller throwing moments I had with it, then I got to this and well I had a hell of a lot of fun with it, but no real controlling throwing moments yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...