Better than RE6?

I've haven't played the 360 version but I've completed it twice on the 3DS. Its a great game. Alot better than Resident Evil 6 which imo is the worst game of the franchise.

I think Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City wins this award. Although RES6 was Trosh!

Yes the campaign is short but has reply value like all Resident Evil games, RAID mode is where it's at.

I'd say this is better than 6 but not as good as 5 & 4.

Resident Evil: Revelations is way better than 5 and 6 and Raid mode is excellent (mercs mode was getting boring) With Revelations they just need to fix the run and dodge. Raccoon city game was the worst game for me, just shit in every way.

RE6 was trying to be all things to all people and it never works out as the survival horror does not want another 3rd person shooter and the shooter game does not want atmosphere, horror, slow tense pace, they want to on rails shooting in the 1 second of gameplay, buildings blown up, (basically a Micheal bay film) and RE6 had explosions every 5 minutes or so

I hate when people think RE4 is the end all be all resident evil game, in the same calabar as FF7 and Twilight Princess with the final fantasy and Zelda series respectively. Capcom made RE5 in the likeness of RE4 and people didn't like it. Then they made RE6 which I loved, and people still didn't like it. Which is confusing because it's 4 but 10x better.

The only thing I'd say capcom needs to go back to is gruesome deaths. I'm tired of this sensored bs in 5, 6, and revelations.

On the note of revelations, I think it is unique. Very short play time, but enjoyable. I found myself playing raid mode 4x longer than the campaign. I personally love each of the stories in RE6. Chris and Piers are my OTP, Helena gets me every time she says "No more tears." and Sherry is all grown up. The games are apples and oranges.

I hate when people think RE4 is the end all be all resident evil game, in the same calabar as FF7 and Twilight Princess with the final fantasy and Zelda series respectively. Capcom made RE5 in the likeness of RE4 and people didn't like it. Then they made RE6 which I loved, and people still didn't like it. Which is confusing because it's 4 but 10x better.

RE2, FFVIII and Ocarina of Time.. tyvm :D

Ill get RE4 definitely since you's both agree on that, as for revelations does it really feel like the old RE's? 2-3 were my favourite and none have been like it since :(

I have to throw in as well. RE4 is awesome! Now I loved RE5, Hated what came next, it was a long time of suffering but they made it up with RER.

I enjoyed all the RE titles in the main series, each in their own way.

RE6 has the best Gameplay controls of the bunch, in fact I feel that it has the best 3rd Person Action controls of all games I played period.

I'm loving RE:R for the way the story is presented. Raid Mode is amazing fun & plan on playing it for a long time.

I also highly enjoy Mercs, played it a lot in RE4, loved playing it Co-op in RE5, and RE6 is slightly modified version but still fun to play, especially with the updated controls.

The only problem I have with RE6 is that all the DLC was Multiplayer & I just can't get into it. They should of just made more Campaign content and a ton of Maps for Mercs. Or made Mercs 4P, which I was hoping for over anything Multiplayer.

The only problem I have with RE:R is the Dodge technique & Sprinting, both of which are amazing in RE6. The "B" button should of been a Dodge button & Clicking in the LS should give us a Sprint move, not unlimited, but a quick boost.

I have Pros & Cons for all the RE titles I play, but I still enjoy them all & RE is one of a few franchise I have played for over 15 years & completely enjoy every time I buy a new title.

Right there with you pal,

I loved the more serious attitude they took to the story. It was different and I liked how each character had grown a bit darker. Hell if its resident evil I like it, Period. With that being said I like RE 6 for an acceleration of the action. It took away from the horror element which is what the franchise built itself on. Not really a good idea there, but the developers were not afraid to take the game in a new direction. If only they had contributed to longer stories and perhaps some dry humor between the devouring and death, It would have been better.

The parts where people died in terribly stupid ways... yeah that dragged the story down. But the desperation in ch 1 of Leons story was great. If only you had stayed there for a greater chunk of the game I think the game would have had more to offer.

By far though the 3rd person controls were my favorite. especially the stamina system, where you became exhausted as time went on.

Edited by Ronin Tsarevich

• 2 weeks later...

I loved 4, finished it several times on Game Cube and 360 but I could not even get through the demo of Resident Evil 5 because I disliked it so much and 6 is a much different game than 4 in terms of gameplay.

As to whether Revelations is better than 6, it comes down to this they're different games, Revelations is the old school corridor crawling game with basic controls and 6 is a modern 3rd person shooter.

I was ready to quit playing 6 half way through my first character campaign until I was able to get some more decent skills then I started to really enjoy the game. I was enjoying Revelations until I saw how much ammo bosses require to kill and the dodge mechanics.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't say for Resi 6 because I haven't play it yet although I own it. Still playing revelations for raid mode. Raid mode is very addicting even I already 1k'd it. Doing this to help my friends out on raid mode and collecting rare illegal custom parts in ghost ship runs. Revelations is one of my favorite RE games.

I love RE 1-3, CVX, ORC, Outbreak 1-2, and Revelations.

I dislike RE 4-5...sure, RE 4 is revolutionary for shoulder cam view. I give that to Capcom but it isn't the same RE as I know.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Playing RE6 was like pulling teeth.

For real. I played RE6 on Steam (PC), and pretty much all my achievements for finishing chapters have different dates on them. I just couldn't bring myself to play it for more than an hour at a time, it was really that bad IMO. I did finish it out of general principle, since I paid for it :p

As for Revelations, I've clocked in 240 hours of Raid mode so far... I guess that speaks for itself :)