someone explain the Horde Bot please

eiVaL

first off, how long does it last, does it have a health meter an "die" an then you have to buy another one?

can it get downed an revived, can it get killed an come back if you beat the wave?

can you only get 1 bot, or are you allowed to have as many as you want as long as you buy the turrets or whatever unlocks it?

and those that have used one, what level is its AI, is it Insane an actually kills alot or is it like the Versus bots which are more Hardcore or lower an not really do anything

if you play by yourself an have a bot an get downed can the bot revive you?

can the bot finish the wave by itself?

how does the Bot act during waves, does it stick by you or run off an do its own thing

they really dont explain any of this

first off, how long does it last, does it have a health meter an "die" an then you have to buy another one?

until it dies. it has a health bar above its head. If he dies, you have to start over with the decoy as if he never existed (no "rebuild" option)

can it get downed an revived, can it get killed an come back if you beat the wave?

as long as he isn't headshotted or gibbed, he can be picked up like other people.

can you only get 1 bot, or are you allowed to have as many as you want as long as you buy the turrets or whatever unlocks it?

I've had 2 at once, I assume you can have as many as there are decoys on the map.

and those that have used one, what level is its AI, is it Insane an actually kills alot or is it like the Versus bots which are more Hardcore or lower an not really do anything

I mostly used mine playing hardcore and the first one I used was terrible and dumb, but the other two I got (active at the same time) were pretty good. fairly aggressive and use the gnasher, but not nearly as good as a human player...but for me the fact that they can revive you can make them worth it.

I believe they match the difficulty you're playing on, but I wasn't purposely doing tests or keeping all that close attention.

if you play by yourself an have a bot an get downed can the bot revive you?

assumedly yes, but I have NOT confirmed this.

can the bot finish the wave by itself?

assumedly yes? I have NOT confirmed this.

how does the Bot act during waves, does it stick by you or run off an do its own thing

As I alluded to earlier, the ones I watched seemed more aggressive than defensive, but I don't know if that's just the types of bots I was dealt or what. The first bot I had seemed less aggressive (just kinda mantled back and forth and didn't do a whole lot...I think it was a lower difficulty than hardcore, the two on hardcore were definitely aggressive).

they really dont explain any of this

Hope that helps!

Thanks for all your posts; very helpful.

It has been said that they have a health bar, but does it regenerate during or after each round, or can you pay to heal then after the round finishes (like every other fortification)?

Thanks

Well the one time I played extensively with them I was using vampire so they would constantly go from hurt to healed, I assumed it was the mutator. So I'm not sure if they heal during the battle. I would assume yes though.

Someone will need to confirm that as well.

If he kills something, does anyone get points for that?

no assist points sadly.

Well the one time I played extensively with them I was using vampire so they would constantly go from hurt to healed, I assumed it was the mutator. So I'm not sure if they heal during the battle. I would assume yes though.

Someone will need to confirm that as well.

I can confirm they heal on their own. They heal just like we do; as long as they aren't taking damage they will regen their health.

What would be a nice change would be if the first time an Onyx Guard gets "killed" that he actually just goes down, much like the leader does in Capture the Leader. If you revive him, he gets half of his life back and this time around can get killed via headshot or gibbed. If you don't revive him, he just dies like a normal player does.

I think that way, it will help him last longer again grinders, boomers, therons, and bosses..... instead of him sufferring a cheap death. $10k is a lot!

until it dies. it has a health bar above its head. If he dies, you have to start over with the decoy as if he never existed (no "rebuild" option)

You said you have to start over with the decoy, do you mean you have to start from level 1 again? (that cole cutout) or the last level of the decoy and you have to upgrade it again to the onxy guard? :)

You said you have to start over with the decoy, do you mean you have to start from level 1 again? (that cole cutout) or the last level of the decoy and you have to upgrade it again to the onxy guard? :)

I'm assuming it would be like any item that gets destroyed completly and you would have to start over again.

Another Question: Does his health regenerate after each wave over do you have to "repair" him with money?

You have to start from scratch if they're destroyed/killed/out.

^this^ and he heals just like the rest of your team, there's no repair/rebuild/heal with him.

They're not all that helpful in my more recent experience, at least on casual on drydock...

...the command center on the other hand is great I got one of the snipers to apparently headshot the brumak! :eek:

I think the bot is a cool novelty, but it seems very hit or miss whether they'll be useful or completely useless. I know I tried to get him to help me with the vulcan and he kept running away from me or just standing there. Spotting the ammo box and all.

So I dunno. It's fun to follow him around and try to keep him alive, but I just don't know if it's truly a recommended investment.

The bots seem to be a mixed bag... they're great the rare times they stay at the base and play defense. Better than most of the randoms you'll meet online in fact. They'll hold ammo boxes for you, be johnny on the spot with the revives if you get downed, come to your rescue when you're getting pinned...

But then they go and do TOTAL bonehead things like Gnasher charging a Boomer or Grinder, or going and hanging out in the center killzone of Blood Drive instead of hanging out on one side with the team.

They'd be fantastic if they could be rebuilt instead of costing another $10K, or if Epic worked on their AI a little more to make them more defensive and be aware of where the base is so they don't go hole up in the middle of a boomshot crossfire and turn into ground beef.

The bots seem to be a mixed bag... they're great the rare times they stay at the base and play defense. Better than most of the randoms you'll meet online in fact. They'll hold ammo boxes for you, be johnny on the spot with the revives if you get downed, come to your rescue when you're getting pinned...

But then they go and do TOTAL bonehead things like Gnasher charging a Boomer or Grinder, or going and hanging out in the center killzone of Blood Drive instead of hanging out on one side with the team.

They'd be fantastic if they could be rebuilt instead of costing another $10K, or if Epic worked on their AI a little more to make them more defensive and be aware of where the base is so they don't go hole up in the middle of a boomshot crossfire and turn into ground beef.

I agree! Defensive programming would be GREAT!

I think even if programming them to be more defense was "too much work" (I know nothing of coding/programming) it'd be cool if they'd program him to be the bodyguard of the person who bought them (at least stay proximity-wise near the purchaser). It'd be nice either way.

• 1 month later...

At the end of the day the onyx guard is just being a "decoy". I think that's why they're programmed to run into the middle of the firefight. They can be quite useful in boss waves by distracting all the cannon fodder while you're killing the bosses.

Incidentally, the first time I upgraded to the onyx guard I had no idea that the decoy would come alive lol.

I think it would be great like some others had said that you could control the BOT like in the battlefield games where you could point to a spot and have the BOT take cover and provide cover fire etc. Seems to me for as much time sent & money, you should have some type of control IMO.

• 1 month later...

That's where the strategy of using him comes into play. Buy him on the waves directly following a boss wave. He'll definitely last through several waves, and he's good for rooting out those annoying-ass tickers that hide out in little corners while the team tries to hold a defensive position. I can still think of better ways to spend $10,000, but on Blood Drive, it's easy to rack up thousands of dollars of otherwise useless cash since I use exactly 2 laser fences and a Silverback to beat all 50 waves, so why not have some fun?