enemies health at 0 but not dying

wexsuvslim

i was hoping someone could help me understand this because it has happened more times than i can count now

there have been numerous times when me and someone on the other team shoot each other, i end up dying but it shows that the other guy's health is at 0 in the post-death screen

i guess i just need help understanding why it says that their health is 0 but somehow they lived and i didn't

edit: my sincere apologies but could someone on the staff close or delete this thread please? As i was reading through the "kill trading" thread i saw that people in that thread were talking about my exact problem. i didn't mean to start a new thread when one of similar nature is already present but i only read the titles of all the threads before i started this one

Edited by wexsuvslim

nothing you can really do. DICE made it to where you can have as little as 0.5 HP left. even though the guys health is 0 it's more like 0.5 it was like this in bf3 too. it's a dumb mechanic and personally they should die at 0hp but gl getting DICE to change it..

nothing you can really do. DICE made it to where you can have as little as 0.5 HP left. even though the guys health is 0 it's more like 0.5 it was like this in bf3 too. it's a dumb mechanic and personally they should die at 0hp but gl getting DICE to change it..

It's not a case of just a wrongly displayed number though. I've shot people, died...they had 0hp and then they died and I got 100pts. meaning I did all the damage...ALL lol. People are simply not dying or taking damage properly. Hell I occasionally run into an issue where no matter how many rounds I fire into someone...they just don't register. But they can turn around and kill me in 1 shot.

DICE did say it's not technically zero health, that it could indeed be something like 0.5 hp left but that is bullshit lol. They just don't know what else to tell people because as BF4 has show...they are extremely incompetent. Every patch breaks the game further... it's hilarious.

It's not a case of just a wrongly displayed number though. I've shot people, died...they had 0hp and then they died and I got 100pts. meaning I did all the damage...ALL lol. People are simply not dying or taking damage properly. Hell I occasionally run into an issue where no matter how many rounds I fire into someone...they just don't register. But they can turn around and kill me in 1 shot.

DICE did say it's not technically zero health, that it could indeed be something like 0.5 hp left but that is bullshit lol. They just don't know what else to tell people because as BF4 has show...they are extremely incompetent. Every patch breaks the game further... it's hilarious.

my guess is that they didn't decide on going with decimals for the assists. like 99.5 assist wouldn't feel right so i guess they just decided on 100. either way it's still 0.5 hp and honestly it's fucking dumb DICE has officially lost support from me.

worst BF game i've ever played.

my guess is that they didn't decide on going with decimals for the assists. like 99.5 assist wouldn't feel right so i guess they just decided on 100. either way it's still 0.5 hp and honestly it's fucking dumb DICE has officially lost support from me.

Having decimals anywhere is idiotic. Why would they have it for the user's health but not for KA? Makes no sense at all.

From a programming standpoint having whole integer variables and decimal variables have to interact like that would be beyond stupid.

Having decimals anywhere is idiotic. Why would they have it for the user's health but not for KA? Makes no sense at all.

From a programming standpoint having whole integer variables and decimal variables have to interact like that would be beyond stupid.

that's what i'm saying. shit has been an issue even in BF3. who the fuck thinks this is a good idea? "oh yeah lets make people have 0.5 HP. yeah people will love that." DICE is a fucking joke right now..

I've only played Badcompany and BF4 (and whatever that xbla game was...1943 I think?) But I don't think I'll be picking up many DICE games in the future after this.

I've only played Badcompany and BF4 (and whatever that xbla game was...1943 I think?) But I don't think I'll be picking up many DICE games in the future after this.

yeah dude i'm with you on that. BF4 seriously is fucking shit. i can barely manage any fucking good games. like every map is shit and all the guns down me in an instant. too many games with op guns..shit gets on my nerves.

This is beyond frustrating. It is happening an insane amount of times per match. I made a video showing me clearly putting rounds into some1's face/back n they kill me with 0 hp. I experienced this in bad company 2 n bf3 as well. Some1 on these forums made a comment that it might be the frostbite engine is just shite n im starting to think that may be the case. I mean seriously, how does such a talented development team who have been making fps games for 10+ yrs have the same problems in every game they release? This is what baffles me the most.

This is beyond frustrating. It is happening an insane amount of times per match. I made a video showing me clearly putting rounds into some1's face/back n they kill me with 0 hp. I experienced this in bad company 2 n bf3 as well. Some1 on these forums made a comment that it might be the frostbite engine is just shite n im starting to think that may be the case. I mean seriously, how does such a talented development team who have been making fps games for 10+ yrs have the same problems in every game they release? This is what baffles me the most.

The 0 HP still alive situation was created with the last patch as a "fix". It didn't exist before then. It's just very sloppy programming, period. Instead of actually fixing the problem they tried to fix the symptom with typical worthless results. Now the problem is the same but the symptoms are absurd.

The 0 HP still alive situation was created with the last patch as a "fix". It didn't exist before then. It's just very sloppy programming, period. Instead of actually fixing the problem they tried to fix the symptom with typical worthless results. Now the problem is the same but the symptoms are absurd.

I know it wasn't there b4 the patch cuz it only started happening since the patch. B4 the patch i was being killed from ppl with 1 hp which has now been replaced with 0 hp. My point is i've experienced the same thing in Dice's last 2 games n for the life of me cannot fathom why the same problems exist in every title they release.