Turtle on Mortal Gauge Playthrough

John Januarius

More so than any other boss, the turtle at the end of episode 10 has given me so much trouble. I can only sometimes avoid the move where he spins in the air and slams down (and I have no idea what I do to avoid him when I do so). When I finally get him knocked down and open for a :ybut: attack, he frequently seems to have used that meteor storm move right before hand and I get knocked away before I can attack. The rhinos also launch me into his attacks, but if I try to take out the rhinos, the turtles take me out even quicker. Any tips for this fight would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

For future reference, here's what I did:

When he begins to twist himself, run away! Run far away! Then put one good combo in. Do another if he's summoning the comets. If the second connects, he'll fall flat. Jump twice towards his face in order to get the (Y) prompt before it disappears.

Should he squat, it means he'll jump in the air and come crashing down. Time your dodge so that you're rolling while he's landing (personally I had no trouble with the timing). Combo, combo, jump x2, Y.

If you stay too far away he'll snap and charge at you. Run & roll to the side. Close in with air dash, combo, etc.

Try opening your combo with a dash, this will help you land the combos faster and make it harder for the rhinos to hit you

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...