Has this game died on 360?

vaakoh

Been a while since I've played and I'm debating installing it on my 360 again. It was fun with other people, but I get the feeling since Destiny and other games have come out that Defiance is a ghost town on 360?

When I played last about a year ago, it was pretty dead, but its playerbase fluctuates due to it being free and people constantly giving it a shot. I say boot it up and see for yourself :) Shouldn't take long to do!

Defiance has taken huge hits to its player base. The NA server has essentially adopted people from all across the globe as the last hub that contains active players. My clan (FreeMasons) represents one of about four big clans left in the game that are active. On average you can expect a several hundred people on at one time with the number spiking to in primetime hours.

Damn, man - peaking in the hundreds? That's an incredibly lower number than I expected.

Yea, even on weekends it's not too busy. For clan events there might have been 30 people tops on and when you factor in only HUMANS were the next populous clan, there really could not have been more than a several hundred people on, even when you take into account different instances.

I mean I definitely do not have the exact numbers or claim to know what they are, but it can't be hitting thousands much anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't touched this game since like February. I've kinda been keeping up about what's going on over on the trion forums, but nothing's changed. Content is non-existent as ever. They announced their next content. Something about an aquarium.

Since the show has died, there's no more tie-ins to do. You can expect this game to officially die the moment microsoft announces that they won't support the 360 anymore.