Red Barrels Achievement Problems

Mr Plow

After you fly through the window, aim down. Next to the second planter thing you fly over, there's a red barrel standing next to a guy. This is the one I missed like, 20 times. If you hit all the other ones before that, you'll get the achievement.

This. I tried so many times for this achievement only to end up frustrated and annoyed. After reading this, the first time I tried it I got the achievement. Thanks a lot.

you have to understand that the video guide is of the way one person did it, and fair enough it worked for him and possibly many others, but if it was up to me,,, the video would be pulled from the guide, as it doesn't tell you about the barrels that are in fact partially hidden under the trees that you have to be lucky to hit, it also says that there is a barrel behind you on take-off.. MISTAKE!! nope nope nope nope nope nope NO!! take out those barrels before you even get into the chopper then it saves you having to waste time..

I did it about thirty times and wathced the stupid video just as many. The lame trick is to not shoot the barrels ahead of the cut sequences. U may think the lizard blows them up when it smashes the building, but it doesnt. This was my problem I was shooting everything everywhere and it didnt pop until I took it section by section. First clear the laucnch pad and dont forget the pesky one to the right, after that just follow the flow of the view of the chopper at each landing make sure you blow up the barrels completely. Also after you bust through the windows shoot the rooftop as soon as you can on the left to get the hidden barrel. Oh and as always shoot as much crap that blows up just to be sure. RETARDED ACHIEVEMENT THANKS EPIC FOR WASTING TWO HOURS OF MY LIFE LOL!

I did it about thirty times and wathced the stupid video just as many. The lame trick is to not shoot the barrels ahead of the cut sequences. U may think the lizard blows them up when it smashes the building, but it doesnt. This was my problem I was shooting everything everywhere and it didnt pop until I took it section by section. First clear the laucnch pad and dont forget the pesky one to the right, after that just follow the flow of the view of the chopper at each landing make sure you blow up the barrels completely. Also after you bust through the windows shoot the rooftop as soon as you can on the left to get the hidden barrel. Oh and as always shoot as much crap that blows up just to be sure. RETARDED ACHIEVEMENT THANKS EPIC FOR WASTING TWO HOURS OF MY LIFE LOL!

LOL. Thanks for the heads up though. xD

I had a problem where I blew up the other barrel on the helipad (not the one that you use to kill everyone) with my gun before I got on the helicopter. Even though I was getting every other barrel, the achievement wouldn't pop. I finally realized after many attempts that I probably shouldn't have blown up that one barrel, so I restarted the level and got it on my first try.

i'm having trouble with this one as well.

i tried a few times an every time i think i got it

but no achievement. I watched the video an i followed it but this one is really not poppin up for me.

Is anyone else aving trouble with this? I know I am shooting all the barrels, and I double checked on a guys youtube guide. I even resterted the level three times to see if that would work, but no dice. Is any one else having this problem and can anyone help. Maybe a slow video showing and having an arrow pointing at the red barrels?

I'm gonna try that , thank you!

I also remember blowing that one up and maybe that's why

i'm having so much trouble.....:drunk

I had a problem where I blew up the other barrel on the helipad (not the one that you use to kill everyone) with my gun before I got on the helicopter. Even though I was getting every other barrel, the achievement wouldn't pop. I finally realized after many attempts that I probably shouldn't have blown up that one barrel, so I restarted the level and got it on my first try.

I thought I was having the same problem. I tried the damn thing like 10 times then gave up and moved on to some other things I needed to do. Then I checked my achievement list and apparentally I had actually gotten it without even noticing the achievement pop :/ Hell, I probably got it on the first try and kept going for no reason :/

HAHA this same exact thing happened to me, I don't think the achievement ever poped.

After you fly through the window, aim down. Next to the second planter thing you fly over, there's a red barrel standing next to a guy. This is the one I missed like, 20 times. If you hit all the other ones before that, you'll get the achievement.

This achievement is a BITCH. This was the last barrel for me too, I repeated the level about a dozen times and didn't know about this one and a very tight window of opportunity. I believe this is the ONLY time you get a shot at it too. The rest you have a few opportunities from different angles and distances, just not this one.

I read about this one on MrPlow's Red Barrel List thread, saved me even more frustration! ;)

I was having loads of problems with this, tried like 10+ times. I finally continued watching the video and noticed I missed one red barrel every time. Once you shoot through the window and come back up to the roof, immediately there is a red barrel behind one of the vent type thingys NOT the ones next to the bridge area but before it.

But that was the one I was missing every time. Hope that helps.

Your not alone mate, i only spotted it afte rreading your post.

Thanks again w00t!!!

I can assure you that had nothing to do with it, as i just got this achievement and i also shot the first barrel before i got in the chopper.

The problem with this cheevo is, i do not think the barrels are in the exact same spots for everyone.

Every video i watched before trying it, the barrels were not in most of the locations they were in the video for me, i actually had ones that were in spots that i only had a split second to shoot at before they were gone, luckily...i react fast haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Fuckin'-A, this was a great help! Once I looked almost straight down, I got this one and the Cheevo. Thanks!

As someone who suffers from partial color blindness, I hated this achievement. Finally gave up and invited a friend over to help me by telling me where the barrels where. After a few tires it popped.

Seriously though. Never ending loathe for this achievement right here. >_>

This achievement is a BITCH. This was the last barrel for me too, I repeated the level about a dozen times and didn't know about this one and a very tight window of opportunity. I believe this is the ONLY time you get a shot at it too. The rest you have a few opportunities from different angles and distances, just not this one.

I read about this one on MrPlow's Red Barrel List thread, saved me even more frustration! ;)

The barrels definitely are not in the same place every time. I destroyed them all every time but always missed the one after going through the window. The next time I played it, I got the achievement before even getting to the window. There must be something that randomly makes these barrels spawn randomly every once in a while or something.