Question: Darkmoon Knightess Already Dead.

Aradax

Hi all,

Wondered if I can get some clarification on this.

This is my first play thorough of this game, and have just reached Anor Londo. I reached the first bonfire, but saw that there was a white orb thing to pick up. On picking it up, it was a firekeeper soul. I have now found out that there should be a Darkmoon Knightess leaning against the wall.

Is this a usual occurrance or is this a bug ?

Here is the rough order I did things in if it helps....

Rang Bells x 2, didnt kill Lautrec who then killed Firelink Shrine keeper. Cleared Sens Fortress. Flew to Anor Londo., Immediately flew back to Sens Fortress. Went and killed Pinwheel. Went and killed Hydra in Darkroot something. Flew back to Anor, explorered, killed no Sentinals. Went down a lift. Saw a big thing run at me. Ran and went back up lift. Went to Bonfire, noticed Keeper was dead.

If I continue, will there be any negatives ? Or should I restart game? :confused:

Just want to state I DID NOT kill the keeper. Was dead on arrival. I cannot find anything describing this on the net.

Cheers.

Edited by Aradax

You encountered a glitch I've never heard of in this game before. I didn't even know this was possible. The only enemies on that elevation level are the sentinel giants. And they don't even aggro that far. So I'm not sure what could have killed her. There's no negatives for her being dead. In fact if you were planning on killing all of the optional bosses in the game, you would have ultimately killed her anyway. So don't worry about it. :)

Hi all,

Wondered if I can get some clarification on this.

This is my first play thorough of this game, and have just reached Anor Londo. I reached the first bonfire, but saw that there was a white orb thing to pick up. On picking it up, it was a firekeeper soul. I have now found out that there should be a Darkmoon Knightess leaning against the wall.

Is this a usual occurrance or is this a bug ?

Here is the rough order I did things in if it helps....

Rang Bells x 2, didnt kill Lautrec who then killed Firelink Shrine keeper. Cleared Sens Fortress. Flew to Anor Londo., Immediately flew back to Sens Fortress. Went and killed Pinwheel. Went and killed Hydra in Darkroot something. Flew back to Anor, explorered, killed no Sentinals. Went down a lift. Saw a big thing run at me. Ran and went back up lift. Went to Bonfire, noticed Keeper was dead.

If I continue, will there be any negatives ? Or should I restart game? :confused:

Just want to state I DID NOT kill the keeper. Was dead on arrival. I cannot find anything describing this on the net.

Cheers.

dunno but keep that fire keeper soul (don't make the mistake I did by using it, then finding out I have to endure a permanently extinguished Firelink Shrine bonfire for most of the game...) Just be human in the great hall in Anor Londo and kill the guy that you can invade then you can resurrect the keeper. The orb you pick up from the dead keeper should start kicking off allowing you to invade.

Did you know all of this already or is it just a weird glitch?

dunno but keep that fire keeper soul (don't make the mistake I did by using it, then finding out I have to endure a permanently extinguished Firelink Shrine bonfire for most of the game...) Just be human in the great hall in Anor Londo and kill the guy that you can invade then you can resurrect the keeper. The orb you pick up from the dead keeper should start kicking off allowing you to invade.

Did you know all of this already or is it just a weird glitch?

That's Anastacia's soul. (The Firelink Shrine keeper) She's the only one you can resurrect. The Anor Londo fire keeper can't be revived since she isn't supposed to be able to die unless the player kills her.

Wow, I have never heard of this or experienced anything remotely close to this in all my multitude of runs. Like Alucard said, there are no negative effects on your run to her being dead. So, enjoy the free firekeeper soul, and take solace in the fact that you don't have to fight her later. I grossely underestimated her abilities the very first time I ever fought her. She get's easier after you've already fought her and know what's coming. But the first time, if you get caught off guard, she can own you.

To be honest, she's always been one I've hated killing because I think she's pretty cool, actually. Between her and the "Fair Lady" I've come to the conclusion that any future Firekeepers in future titles should automatically be made detestable. :)

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. I will continue from where I am then.

Just nice to have some re-assurance that the story line or something isnt messed up.

When I first picked up her soul, and then read some forums about the Knightess, my initial thoughts were that Lautrec had killed the Firelink shrine keeper, and then headed to Anor Londo, and then killed the Knightess keeper.

As you have to use the black orb in Anor to invade him, he must of / maybe passed through this way.... but nothing on the net mentions him killing a 2nd keeper so I dunno.

Actually, whilst thinking about it, there was a moment on the 2nd time in Anor Londo, I had to go AFK. Is it possible that I was invaded, and the invader found the keeper and killed her? Although I was not dead when I came back to the xbox.... Can invaders kill npc's ?

Anyway, battle on....

Thx

Ara.

Edited by Aradax

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. I will continue from where I am then.

Just nice to have some re-assurance that the story line or something isnt messed up.

When I first picked up her soul, and then read some forums about the Knightess, my initial thoughts were that Lautrec had killed the Firelink shrine keeper, and then headed to Anor Londo, and then killed the Knightess keeper.

As you have to use the black orb in Anor to invade him, he must of / maybe passed through this way.... but nothing on the net mentions him killing a 2nd keeper so I dunno.

Actually, whilst thinking about it, there was a moment on the 2nd time in Anor Londo, I had to go AFK. Is it possible that I was invaded, and the invader found the keeper and killed her? Although I was not dead when I came back to the xbox.... Can invaders kill npc's ?

Anyway, battle on....

Thx

Ara.

No, invaders can't touch NPCs or (AFAIK) enemies.